Author Topic: What Are You Up To?  (Read 122073 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: What Are You Up To?
« Reply #2450 on: December 08, 2022, 01:59:28 pm »
Currently baking blueberry muffins.

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2451 on: December 10, 2022, 02:31:05 pm »
Re making a cookie recipe. Want to turn a peanut butter cookie into something that tastes more like the old 'Marry Jane' brand Halloween peanut butter kisses candy. Be adding maple syrup instead of brown sugar. You can replace brown sugar in any recipe by adding one table spoon of black strap molasses to one cup of sugar of light brown. Two for dark. Buying brown sugar is a waste of money.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2452 on: December 15, 2022, 03:31:17 am »
Still making Christmas. Not going to put out my large Santa collection. Kinda going smaller this year. Decided to put up a small part of my village collection. Kept getting bigger. Ended up being almost 14 ft long by about 3 foot deep. So much for smaller. :) Actually this takes up the room I would have used for most of the Santa stuff. I use dimmer switches to turn down the lights. These ceramic villages look a lot better when the buildings themselves aren't glowing. Still have most of the main tree to get together. Plus the feather tree. I'll get it all up. Enjoy it with friends and family for a few days. Then take it all back down again till next year.

My house is a bit over 1100 square feet. Living room takes up about a third of it. It's huge. The back wall is about 17 foot long. This includes a four food doorway that goes to the back half of the house.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #2453 on: December 17, 2022, 07:38:12 pm »
Watching Jayplays and her friends play WolfQuest multiplayer.
Also playing the new extended Lost River map!
Wish the Dusty Trails pack luck  :)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #2454 on: December 23, 2022, 02:42:37 pm »
I was advised to take today off. So I slept in and bundled up after breakfast to survey the driveway and clear a path to the car. Tried to clear the windshield but the stuff crusted over. My fingers started to stiffen from the cold. Had lunch, then finished scraping the windshield.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2455 on: December 27, 2022, 03:19:29 am »
Cleaning up after Christmas. I was able to give all the cookies away. And most of the the breads and cake.  Stuck with one half of a fruit loaf and one loaf of ciabatta bread. We all agreed on not exchanging gifts. Still ended up with three cans of popcorn. Pot calling the kettle back here. I bought everyone cans of popcorn too.  :) Didn't spend the day watching an endless loop of "A Christmas Story".  We watched football instead. That was nice. I'll keep everything up for a bit longer. Then it's time to pack it all away. Put the house back in order. All in all it was a good time.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #2456 on: December 27, 2022, 11:20:04 am »
recovering from eating leftovers from my own cooking.  Took the food to parents place.  They said it was the first time ANYONE came to their house with food for the holidays. 
I guess come to think of it, they are the ones who normally invite people and they cook for everyone. 
Well I just hope they are not sick like I am, and even the dog is. 

Last thanksgiving we did a meal that was traditionally "Ukrainian" because my dad's ancestors are from that region and he grew up eating that food for thanksgiving or thereabouts.
So this time I did our families traditional thanksgiving for christmas.  Initially it was just for me but I quickly realized I could never eat it all, so I surprised parents with it.
We ate, played board games, and I walked dog a few times that day.  We watched the Denver Broncos suck total ... foot.  Man they stunk!
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Mister Initial Man

• Species: Lynx/Bear
  • Male
    • The Lynx's Den
« Reply #2457 on: December 28, 2022, 05:05:51 am »
*Hopes he's early enough to add to the conversation*

I've been doing a LOT of recording lately, mostly songs out of old hymnbooks.

Also recoding my website for the umpteenth time.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2458 on: January 07, 2023, 08:49:12 pm »
Family left me a cheese sampler. Not a big cheese eater. It has to be on or in something. So I cut it all up and baked it in bread. Had trouble with the dough not wanting to rise. So I spread it out and added a teaspoon more yeast. Then restarted the rising time. Got it in the oven and ended up having to bake it 15 minutes longer. First time I pulled the loaves out the internal temp was only 145. Put em back in for about 12 minutes more. Internal temps reached 185. Good and done. The bread has a nice soft cheese flavor. I can't have a lot of bread but I can snack. So I'll be freezing these loaves in sections. Cutting them up and using them to snack on between meals. Way healthier than the crackers I have been eating.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2459 on: January 13, 2023, 06:02:40 pm »
Setting out goodies in hopes the new fox will visit and be photographed by the trail cams.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2460 on: January 15, 2023, 02:07:55 am »
Still taking down Christmas. Taking my time with it. Really no reason to rush.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2461 on: January 15, 2023, 08:10:29 pm »
For all the years I've been making home made bread there's still more to learn. First, yes I know I'm not supposed to eat bread. But I found a way around that. I can 'exchange' it for the pasta in some of my meals. And i can cut it up small and use ti to snack on instead of crackers. I learned a different way of using a bread stone. Put it above the rack your going to cook on. This creates a smaller space in the oven. This is the second time I've tried it. Works!  Helps to create a crustier top but still allows time for a good rise.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2462 on: January 19, 2023, 11:07:37 am »
Getting ready to take dog to vet. 
It's been a while since her last visit and I don't want the 5th degree.
She's also required to be sedated.  It's not taking effect!
This is going to go poorly.

(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2463 on: January 19, 2023, 06:58:22 pm »
Checking SD cards from the backyard scout cams. Both cams failed. Doggone it!
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2464 on: January 27, 2023, 02:08:35 pm »
Just relaxing and having a cup of hot chocolate. :)

Offline Simo

• Species: Dolphin, Kitsune, Otter
  • Male
    • http://www.furrydolphin.net
« Reply #2465 on: January 28, 2023, 03:06:14 am »
Just got done playing NLHE online. Made up for all of last weeks losses due to runbad, and then some extra profit.  :)
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2466 on: January 31, 2023, 11:24:26 am »
Too cold out. Staying indoors where it's warm and working on a model kit today.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2467 on: January 31, 2023, 12:22:33 pm »
Attempting to do part time work form home, sick with a killer cold. Why can't I just get a day off?
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2468 on: February 16, 2023, 01:12:24 pm »
Nothing major today.
Work on fixing a display base for a model kit.
Maybe watch some anime later.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #2469 on: February 17, 2023, 01:40:10 am »
Wondering if I'll be able to go to Furlandia.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2470 on: March 12, 2023, 08:29:07 pm »
Finally breaking down and thinking seriously about making new drapes for the living room. Going to need 18+ yards of material.  For what I need buying the material is way cheaper than buying already made panels. Going with a double panel with valence design. Most people have this design in their kitchens. I'll be able to open the top section wile leaving the bottoms closed. Have both lots of light and complete privacy.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2471 on: March 13, 2023, 03:01:50 pm »
Hey Cause, are you contemplating using faux fur?

I'm being ill at the moment.  It's the only way I get a day off.
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2472 on: March 14, 2023, 03:15:57 am »
Jade  :D Faux fur actually came up in a few of the on line stores I was searching threw. People use it to make throws and pillows. Kinda jokingly thought about it. However it would be a bit unpractical. First would be the weight on a curtain rod that's over eight feet long. Then the amount of light it would block when closed. Faux fur with a bead curtain. Give my living room a real 1960's hippy look.  :D Hope you get to feeling better soon. 

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2473 on: March 14, 2023, 10:23:20 pm »
Use fish-net stocking material for the curtains,  use faux fur pillows,  deep shaggy carpet.  Just need a leg- lamp.

I'm watching my cold get worse,  banks fail,  and my dog get cranky.  I love it
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2474 on: March 17, 2023, 04:22:29 pm »
Currently fixing a package of what's called Chicken Tortilla soup mix. But I'll be adding "extras" to it like diced tomatoes, diced red and green peppers, onions, and celery.