Author Topic: Third Dawn (IC)  (Read 7578 times)

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
Third Dawn (IC)
« on: January 20, 2016, 02:32:26 pm »
Been roughly a week since the D.U.P. began entering Pittsburgh much to the mixed reactions of the people. Sure they were providing security but at what cost exactly? Things didn't seem all that bad before they stepped in after all.

Blades was coming off of a decent day for once, he'd managed to get someone to let him take a shower and he'd made some money from peddling street art so he decided to treat himself to a hibachi restaurant for dinner. Now he was simply lounging in Highland Park under a pavilion, sketchbook in hand. "Sure it cost a lot but...gotta feel like a decent person sometimes, right?"

Leilani had managed to get a one-time job and was now getting her dinner from a small pub. After that she'd headed to her little hovel so to speak, an abandoned house on Pittsburgh's outskirts where she had an array of papers and pictures pinned up similar to a police investigation but much cruder.

Abbi was out playing some basketball despite the rain, it was one of the things she found some relief in these days. It was a more secluded court with a chain-link fence around it.

(Characters DUPs will be introed a littler later)

Laura was having an evening meal at the very diner Helena was working at, looking out at the rainy day and the people rushing to and fro "City life sure is different..." Laura thought to herself as she sat alone at the counter of the diner.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
Re: Third Dawn (IC)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 05:02:54 pm »
Alex locked the large inner door to his place, more like a hovel covering an old shut down train tunnel. He grabbed some money from an old table that was obviously cobbled together and headed out, locking his other door before he headed out into the city. Plugging in his music player to his headphones and strolled down to a local diner. He shook off some excess water from his coat and hat before sitting down and stretching a bit.
Mate of WereCat

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 11:23:47 pm »
"You freak," one of the locals said as he pushed Faris closer towards the middle of the circle he was surrounded in. "I... I'm not hurting anyone," Faris said, refusing to even clench his hands into fists as he was continued to be pushed. "Yeah right. But who knows when you would. It's only a matter of time before scumbags like you snap and kill us all."
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 11:54:11 pm »
As Alex sat at the counter, right near Laura. Helena saw him come in. "Vell hello zhere..." her Romanian accent very prevalent as she walked over notepad in hand. "I'm Helena and i vill be your waitress today. Can i get you something to drink?"

Leilani wondering what all the ruckus was about, peered out of a window carefully to see a crowd. Had they found her out? Was someone in trouble? She hopped out a back window and snuck down a house or two first careful to make sure her hideout wasn't compromised. She slowly approached the crowd "Care to tell what all the ruckus is about? Trying to have a quiet evening for once if you don't mind."

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 11:57:09 pm »
"Hello, nice to meet you, and yes, may I start out with some coffee with cream and extra sugar please." Alex asked kindly as he silenced his music player and removed his headphones.
Mate of WereCat

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 12:02:58 am »
"Shut up kid. Get outta here. This conduit freak is gonna be with us for a bit longer," one said as they continued to push Faris around. He made no attempts to fight back, but only chose to look at with Leilani with shame in his eyes.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 01:40:27 am »
Jacoby was in an alley nearby, his coat pulled open in front of a vending machine as if to search for his wallet, but in reality he was blocking the view as he drained the coins out of the machine and into his large pockets. He'd made sure beforehand that he couldn't be seen and that there were no cameras around to watch. He was finishing up when he heard the words "Conduit freak" and walked to the end of the alley, leaning against the wall watching for a moment observing them for any metal on their person before speaking up. "Don't you kids know conduits are dangerous? You should go play somewhere else" he reached into is pocket, hand tight around his ingot just in case.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 11:43:40 am »
Leilani just looked at Faris for a minute while she took a second to think. "I can't just leave this guy to the mercy of the crowd...if i just bubbled one or two members of the crowd that might scare them off...but wait...time out Leilani, you'd be outing yourself as a conduit if you act. That'll complicate everything..."

Helena nodded "Alright, i'll be back very shortly sir..." she then walked through a door to the kitchen. As Helena left, Laura, the girl sitting next to him turned her head. "Hi there...haven't seen you around before..."

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 04:50:40 pm »
"Well, I just finished setting up shop nearby, gonna try to set up a dance club or something fun." Alex said as he looked up the menu for what he wanted. "I think that, even in times like these, that people should be able to enjoy themselves even a little." He turned to the friendly girl with a smile. "There's some pretty bad stuff happening, so what's the point of it all if you can't have fun too? That's what I think."
Mate of WereCat

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 07:18:28 pm »
"Oh please. This is why we're teaching him now," said one of the locals to Jacoby as he socked Faris across the jaw. Faris crumpled to the ground and seemed to almost go out cold as his head hit the ground. Then they all proceeded to begin kicking Faris while he was down.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 07:31:37 pm »
Leilani knew now there was no other choice...Suddenly a couple members of the crowd found their hands and feet encased in water bubbles, rendering them useless but not pin them to the ground. "That's enough...you need to learn a little respect..."

Turns out the crowd was not too far from where Abbi was playing basketball as she'd overheard and clicked into action, striking one of the crowd members on the back of the head with her basketball, charged with neon. "Hey! You got a problem with conduits, you answer to me!" she said going up to the biggest guy in the crowd she could find.

At the Diner Alex and Laura were at, turns out Blades decided to stop in for a quick drink when he'd overheard the idea of a dance club. Maybe he could get some temp work helping out...Clubs need atmosphere after all. "So...overheard the idea of a dance club. You ever need an artist for the finer details, i can more than help with that endeavor."

"That's sounds cool actually." Laura answered. "I just....i rarely seem to find time to just relax or cut loose a bit. Nursing is a very difficult curriculum after all. But...i'd be willing to go." she finished before Blades sat down and interjected.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 07:42:18 pm »
The crowd members that had their hands encased in water were quickly becoming panicked. Those who could get away immediately ran as they began to freak out at how many conduits began to show. Soom Faris was alone on the ground, struggling to gain consciousness.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 07:49:00 pm by The Wise one »

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 10:13:41 pm »
"I'm going for an underground junk garage theme." Axel explained. "The idea that beauty can come from ramshackle parts is amazing." He said with a smile. "Makes you think about how much you need things and what can be reused." He didn't really care about who heard but enjoyed that others were interested. "Everything clean though. Banging music and bright lights, it's all planned in my head."
Mate of WereCat

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 11:38:28 pm »
As Leilani released the water bubbles on the remaining peoples' hands, they ran off allowing Leilani to get closer to Faris "Hey there...are...are you okay?" giving him a light shake to try and stir him.

Abbi looked as the large man ran off from her. "Pfft, hard fall as usual...think they're so tough..." she picked up her basketball, uncharging it. She looked at Faris as he lie there "Ya got real lucky we was around when this 'appened..." even though he probably wouldn't hear it.

Just as Alex finished, Helena came back with his coffee. "Here you go, are you ready to order yet or vill you be needing some time?"

Meanwhile Laura decided to ask Blades a question or two "So...what brought you to Pittsburgh might i ask." Blades paused for a second and answered. "Well i'm an artist and i was in town for a convention but thanks to the DUP crackdown, i'm kinda stuck here...but at least Pittsburgh's a fun city."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 12:46:45 am »
Faris began to stir, but it was clear that he ached. "Ohhhh... that stings... just a bit," Faris said holding his ribs as he tried to sit up but failed multiple times. It was after the fifth time trying he succeeded, but not without a gasp of pain. "Where did those locals go?"

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 08:30:50 am »
Alex nodded. "Thank you very much, may I have a cheese burger medium rare? If that's no bother." He asked kindly before he slowly sipped his drink.
Mate of WereCat

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 09:53:51 pm »
"I ummm..." Leilani started before Abbi abruptly cut in "Scared the off, made sure they knew not to screw with us conduits..." she looked over to the passed out man she'd hit with her neon ball. "He'll have some permanent reminders of that lesson i can guarantee you." Leilani looked over the man in a cursory manner, seeing the neon mark on the back of his head and part of his back "Isn't that a little...excessive, don't you think? I mean sure they did this to a living person..." pointing out Faris "...but this guy'll possibly end up paraplegic."

Helena nodded, writing down the order "Should not be problem far as i'm avare...I'll get this right to ze cook." walking away into the back once again, quickly taking Laura's order for a stack of pancakes with bananas and Blades' for a strawberry milkshake.

Laura nodded at Alex's idea "That...sounds like a lot of fun actually. I'm kind of a busy person between studies and activism but i'm sure i can find time to come in once it opens...or possibly help if you need it."

Blades entered into the convo again "I'll pitch in too, since the lockdown i'm always lookin' for work."

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 10:18:29 pm »
"Sounds excellent." Alex said with a smile. "If either of you need a place or whatever it's fine with me. I'm thinking of occupying one of the abandoned train tunnels, most of the electrical systems are busted and the tracks are gone so it'll be perfectly safe and nobody will complain about the noise. I've already planned most of the auditory layout."
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 04:03:28 am »
jacoby calmly wandered over to the aftermath, his coat billowing in the breeze. The others hadn't seen him reveal his power, or that he was a conduit, but him helping Faris to his feet at least told him that he was friendly. He began poking and pressing along the mans sides checking for broken bones "tell me where it hurts to touch, and how they found out you are one of them" he said with a not to Leilani and Abbi.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 06:33:52 pm »
Faris took in quick gasps of breath as Jacoby pressed his finger along his ribs. "Stop it. And... they just. Caught me using my powers... I guess," Faris said looking to Leilani and Abbi. "Thanks."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2016, 06:56:40 pm »
Leilani looked over at Faris "Oh good, you're alright. Got worried when I saw you go down there." she offered Faris a hand up "My name's Leilani by the way. Who do i have the pleasure of saving?"

"Well, you was real lucky we was here when we were. That looked like a pretty bad crowd gathered 'round ya. What'cha do to get 'em goin'? Rob a bank or somethin' of that like?" Abbi asked, looking his direction. "I know i done my fair share of things to get by."

Blades smiled at Alex's offer. "Actually a place would be really good. Hotels get expensive and all that, but till i can get out the city and back home i just been living on the kindness of strangers."

"Well i do have an apartment but i'd love to help with whatever time i can spare." Laura answered, drinking her iced tea. "Just tell me where to be and i'll gladly pitch in. Probably starting tomorrow though, kind of committed to something tonight. Real big event and all..."

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 07:08:27 pm »
"Sounds good." Alex said with a smile. "What event if you don't mind my asking?" He asked as he sipped his coffee. "I don't intend to intrude, so if it botheres, ignore the question."
Mate of WereCat

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 09:39:46 pm »
"Faris. Name's Faris. And... no. I didn't rob a bank. I wouldn't wanna hurt anyone. Despite... that kinda thing. I just... find it hard to control them sometimes. My powers," Faris said taking Leilani's help. "Just... yeah. Thanks anyways though," he said taking in another gasp of pain. "I should probably get going."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2016, 04:26:46 am »
"My name is Jacoby Quinn, and I'm poking you to see if you have broken bones, it seems your ribs fall in that category, so you need to get those wrapped up" he turned to the others "Impressive uses of your powers by the way " he grinned they still didn't really know if he was a conduit or not. Personally he'd like to keep everyone that way,
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:33:08 am by Jacoby Quinn »

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2016, 10:50:39 pm »
Abbi smirked "T'hanks, Jacoby." she bounced her basketball a couple of times. "Little trick i discovered after i started playin' streetball as a means of income."

"Are you sure Faris? that was quite a hit you took..." Leilani responded but then paused for a second. "Wait...i...i just outed myself as a conduit. Damn...this is gonna screw up everything..." sitting on the curb for a second.

Laura stopped for a minute "Well...you uh...what's your opinion on..." she darted her eyes around a bit to see if anyone suspicious was around "...Conduits?" hoping they'd recognise the proper term as opposed to bio-terrorists.

Blades' ear perked up at her mention of Conduits, he'd mostly heard bio-terrorists in the local chatter he'd picked up here and there. Needless to say, that caught his attention as she spoke.