Author Topic: public appology to Iron Maiden  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Savaaha

• Female
public appology to Iron Maiden
« on: July 28, 2004, 11:19:31 pm »
TIM Imed me today and I didnt know who he was.. I did not remember his AIM ID. It had been a little while since we spoke and with his AIM not like his regular ID I did not recognise him.

Im so sorry....

To those who have or might IM me if we do nor regulary talk or your IDs differ or I cannot find my notebook, Please do ID yourself and do not be upset with me if I ask. Becouse of the illness and resulting liver transplant more than 7 days blends into "in the past" if Im not focused enough to make a mental tag.

Offline Zarathus

• http://www.zarathus.com
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 02:33:29 am »
Eh... I know how that is. Sometimes I have people talking to me, who apparently know me... but I dont remember their screen names >.< Asking who people are, can sometimes make you feel kinda... uncomfortable?

I always remember people... but I'm terrible with names...

Offline Kada-Ru

• Species: Golden Blue Pegasus
  • Female
    • Kaycy's Creations for Fun
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 04:00:17 am »
Don't feel about about asking someone who they are. It is YOUR right to know who is contacting you at all times. If they don't want to specify who they are up front, well there isn't much you can do about that.

When I get IM'd, and several on Furtopia can vouch for this, if I don't recognize the name etc., I will flat out ask them, "Do I know you?" Most of the time they will say yes with who they are and where I talked to them before or they will say no. Very simple and NEVER apologize for not recognizing someone. There are a lot of strange folks out there and that is when the 'ignore' button comes in handy.

Offline Ante

• :D
  • Male
    • Ante's LiveJournal
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 01:15:09 pm »
I made new IM names and such, but my e-mail is still flamezw. When I was originally put on the radio page Kada put "Flamezw" down, so I had to e-mail her telling her who I was. But yeah, I'm kinda used to it. Sometimes I don't know who people are, too, and I have to ask.

Offline Shiromatsuri

• Female
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 04:38:14 pm »
Since I use AIM as well, I'll tell you how I keep track of people.

-You right-click one someone's name
-You should see an option that says Store/Edit Buddy Comment
-Type in whatever name you know them by and click OK
-Now whenever you hover your cursor over that name, it shows an area with your comment.

Hope that helps. ^_^