Author Topic: Favorite Musical Artists  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Ol Rab

• Species: Honey Badger
  • Male
Favorite Musical Artists
« on: October 23, 2011, 08:06:47 pm »

Music is great. Of course it is. Which musical artist do you like best? Please tell (As long as it isn't rebecca black)

Personally, I hold Stevie Ray Vaughan in the highest regards and can listen all day, every day, except when I need to sleep.

Offline Bane_enaK

• I live and die, proud of my people gaining
  • Male
Re: Favorite Musical Artists
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 09:10:00 pm »
(As long as it isn't rebecca black)

I love you  :D

Anyway, I'm fairly eclectic; aside from (modern) rap, techno, and most country, I like A LOT of music. I find inspiration in everything! SRV is an artist that I love, probably one of my favorite blues artists, but I unfortunately don't listen to him as much as I should...

My favorite genres are metal, classic rock, and classical in that order. Classic rock and metal are almost at the same level though. My favorites include Metallica, Megadeth, Testament, Led Zeppelin, Boston, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Warbringer, Johann Sebastian Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Dream Theater, Behemoth, Arch Enemy...ugh, so many x.x But not in that order :P
Mated to Arashi_Calunata

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 11:09:20 pm »
Spiderbait
Green day
The ink spots (1940s)
Arbiter  617 (Zoellner)
Metallica
Bungie aux. players
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.

Offline Harperthewolf189

• Female
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 05:34:22 am »
im quite odd i seem to love the band within temptation   :-[
My name is Harper
I'm green
:D

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 12:26:45 pm »
im quite odd i seem to love the band within temptation   :-[

Nothing odd about that, they are a great band.
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 02:09:03 pm »
These days, Owl City and They Might Be Giants.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 07:44:16 pm »
Candlemass, My Dying Bride, Devourment, Bolt Thrower, Mournful Congregation, Armoured Angel and Sear Bliss are all ones that come to mind.

Offline Metalhead_Mockingbird

• Starting another intergalactic cold war.
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 11:33:56 pm »
Black Sabbath, Megadeth,(old) Metallica, Sabaton, Dio, Stratovarious, Blind Guardian, And Iron Maiden are my main ones that I like.

And they're all metal. Who'da thunk?
"Noone can ever rid me of my arsenal of Megadeth, no matter what the peace treaties come to!"

Furaffinity
Steam
'360 GT

Avatar done by AlisaLeolfAlexandra.

Offline WhiteStorm

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 03:10:30 am »
Hmm... Led Zeppelin, The Clash, and Die Toten Hosen. I like a lot more bands than that (to the point I'd never remember them all in one attempt) and few of my absolute favourite songs come from these artists, but they seem to fit the theme of the first post in that I can listen to them pretty much any time I'm willing to listen to music at all.
-I still can't think of anything.

Offline Woodsmoke

• Male
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 11:24:59 am »
Candlemass, My Dying Bride, Devourment, Bolt Thrower, Mournful Congregation, Armoured Angel and Sear Bliss are all ones that come to mind.

Cool...I sort of grew up on My Dying Bride, and I spent a lot of time zoning out to Mournful Congregation too...

But since then I've sort of switched onto more Black Metal...I don't really like all the silly corpsepaint and religious themes, but when they play music about ordinary negativity, and things...it's good...so I like a lot of new french black metal, like Mortifera, Dyster, Grimlair, and I like some Ukranian and Russian Black metal too...but I listen to other things too, sometimes.

edit: but I'm no weird elitist or anything. nooo.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 04:25:32 pm by Woodsmoke »

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 09:04:56 pm »

Cool...I sort of grew up on My Dying Bride, and I spent a lot of time zoning out to Mournful Congregation too...

But since then I've sort of switched onto more Black Metal...I don't really like all the silly corpsepaint and religious themes, but when they play music about ordinary negativity, and things...it's good...so I like a lot of new french black metal, like Mortifera, Dyster, Grimlair, and I like some Ukranian and Russian Black metal too...but I listen to other things too, sometimes.

edit: but I'm no weird elitist or anything. nooo.

Hah, cool. I am into a bit of black metal too though not as much as I was, say, a year ago. I still listen to a bit of Russian BM, particularly some of the Blazebirth Hall bands which, while their ideology is... questionable, make some pretty fantastic music. Forest and Raven Dark are probably my favourite two from that scene. Oh, and because you seem to like depressive black metal, have you ever listened to Gris? They're amazing and I love them.

Offline Aerisyka

• Female
    • http://aerisyka.deviantart.com
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 09:15:48 pm »
Atmosphere and Taylor Swift are probably my top favorites. I love Catatonia quite a lot as well! (If that dosen't tell you anything about my music taste, I don't know what... :D)

Lesser favorites, but still up there, include Guster, Dashboard Confessional, Bree Sharp, Ani Difranco, JamisonParker, and Barenaked Ladies.
We have a fascination with the darkness, although we're standing in light.
We have the strongest sense of kindness, but we still can't treat our own selves right.

<:3=*)~

Icon by 22mg!

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 09:59:55 pm »
Lostprophets, Pillar, Skillet, Simple Plan, Styx, Rush, Tom Petty, Fall Out Boy, MxPx, Green Day, Sum 41, Foo Fighters, Priestess, Papa Roach, FM Static, DragonForce, and last but not least... ME!!!!
Come find me! More to come!

Offline Woodsmoke

• Male
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 04:00:05 am »

Hah, cool. I am into a bit of black metal too though not as much as I was, say, a year ago. I still listen to a bit of Russian BM, particularly some of the Blazebirth Hall bands which, while their ideology is... questionable, make some pretty fantastic music. Forest and Raven Dark are probably my favourite two from that scene. Oh, and because you seem to like depressive black metal, have you ever listened to Gris? They're amazing and I love them.

Yeah, I've heard them, it's impressive stuff. Quebec and French can be some of the best, I think...and I always wrestle with my conscience a bit when I'm listening to a band like Branikald or Forest. =/ Maybe not so much now...

I just found this band recently http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_BstovO9r4 some of it's a bit...moo, but that song is sweet...just a shame he didn't stick to writing in French. =|

Offline DreamerHusky

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 04:17:03 pm »
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:59:17 pm by DreamerHusky »

Offline Nightside_Eclipse

• Male
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 10:15:21 pm »
Mainly Black and Death metal. I can list a few: Emperor, Dying Fetus, Marduk, Ragnarok, Gorgoroth, Decapitated, I don't listen to mallcore music.
Boiling their spells in cauldrons of black gold. Far up in the mountains, where the rain fall not far, yet the sun cannot reach.

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 11:36:06 am »
Top Five
1. LostProphets
2. Pillar
3. Skillet
4. Simple Plan
5. Rush

Other bands: Tom Petty, Sum 41, MxPx, Powerman 5000, Sick Puppies, Seether, DragonForce, Styx, and Goldfinger.
Come find me! More to come!

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 03:57:01 pm »
Altan is at the top of my list at the moment.    :)

Offline TheComet

• There's always room for more foxes.
  • Male
    • My FA page!
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2011, 03:08:36 am »
I loves me some Pendulum ^^

Offline Drake Blackpaw

• Male
    • http://www.drakebp.furtopia.org/
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2011, 09:39:45 am »
It's hard to pick just a couple of artists.  I tend to focus on listening to a couple of bands for awhile and then move on to some new ones.  Still, there are several bands that always make it back into my rotation.

1. Alice in Chains
2. Soundgarden - Saw them in concert this year and they were amazing.  Great live show.
3. Deftones - Listening to a lot of Deftones right now.
4. Gary Numan - His really old stuff and his really new stuff is the best.  Some of the stuff in the middle is good, but he lost it in there a bit.
5. Radiohead - Particularly anything from OK Computer forward
6. Depeche Mode - I got hooked on them in the late 80s.  Good for when I want to listen to some dark, more atmospheric music.

There are some other bands that get mixed in usually to a lesser extent, like Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Old Metallica, ZZ Top, Motley Crue, Ratt (yeah I grew up in the 80's hair metal days), but the 6 above stand out above the others.

As for the original poster, I admire Steve Ray Vaughn as a guitarist, but sadly I can only listen to him for a little bit before I get tired.  Just not my type of music.  But as a guitarist myself, I appreciate what he can do with a guitar.