Author Topic: For the Republic (IC)  (Read 6196 times)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
For the Republic (IC)
« on: April 22, 2014, 12:56:49 pm »
It was a few days before the celebration began, before the city rang in the new year. Valarius was on his balcony, leaning on the railing letting the wind rise up from the sea and wash over him. He took a deep breath breathing in the salty fishy air, turning around he made his way into the Civic Hall were all major events were held, he looked around surveying the work the servants had been doing. "Looks good, take a break and be back say seventh chime." He took one final look before heading down to the training fields.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
Re: For the Republic (IC)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 03:11:24 pm »
Robyn stepped into the castle through the front door,people would notice him as a busty vixen, but that's what all the padding and makeup was for right? As he stepped into the dining hall his eyes gleamed...he wouldn't have to go hungry for a month.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 03:20:10 pm »
(It's not a palace it's a Civic Hall ;P )

A guard leaned seemingly lazily against the wall, the others took note of Robyn and began snickering. One went as far to take out a bounty and do a side by side comparison. They laughed and shook their heads, then proceeded to head down to the training fields. The only one who stayed was the guard leaning up against the wall.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 03:52:18 pm »
Blades was in the training ground as well, practicing with his twin knives. Moving with incredible agility as he lept around the target with a flurry of cuts and stabs, rather strange for someone in this kingdom. Faye was sitting nearby, crafting a bow from oak and fletching a few arrows with Kingfisher feathers.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 04:12:34 pm »
(for plot sake can we keep it so that only valarius will know for sure that it's him...he has some pride, he wouldn't go out in drag unless it was convincing)
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 07:57:23 pm »
seemingly appearing from no where, sulios odusia, fresh from his mission that took him across the empire, spoke behind jacq's "It is done. House Freathe shall trouble you no more." He said in his low, quiet voice. He'd been gone for a month, the total annihilation of a rival house was no easy task for one fur... which is why his brother and sister had came along. regardless, he was back in time for the ceremonies. He sighed after delivering his report. "It's been too long brother, I've missed you." He said softly through his cowl. http://modmaximus.net/_ld/21/23122869.jpg (Currently wearing the shrouded version)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 02:42:08 pm by SkyFire »
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 12:23:20 am »
Robyn wandered around the building, mainly scoping out vantage points, exits, targets, cover, hiding spots, guard postings...while also admiring the architecture. His stomach grumbled at the food...it had already been two days since he had eaten last.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 04:37:24 pm »
The guard who was seemingly being lazy leaning up against the wall snuck up behind Robyn. "I thought you'd know better than to try ans steal before the big feast." The guard pulled back his hood to reveal that he was no ordinary guard. He was not a guard at all, it was actually Valarius. "You know i have your invitation right here..." Val waved a seemingly small ornate envelope "... plus you know it's also Amnesty during the festival so you don't have to worry about the guards carting you off."

Val turned around to face Sulios. "Good to know this disguise actually works." The Valarius impersonator tossed off his cloak "Sorry a precaution Master Valarius has implemented. You can find him at the Civic Hall."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 07:08:09 pm »
"you know i'm not dumb enough to steal anything until there is a crowd. I cam to ah...admire the work" his stomach growled loudly "the body is truly more honest than the mouth"

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 07:11:29 pm »
Blades after finishing his training, he headed straight from the civic hall with Faye close behind still with weapons and everything. They saw Valarius "Ahh...Valarius Lucius right? Excuse the weapons and somewhat unprofessional appearance. Been quite the day in the training field."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 09:05:18 pm »
Valarius held up a finger towards Blades. He then stepped closer to Robyn and stuffed the invitation into his shirt. He leaned in and whispered "Tell the cooks i said you are the test taster for the next few hours." He returned to a normal standing position, clapped Robyn on the shoulder then turned to Blades. He threw up his hands then soon gripped him tight in a brotherly hug. "Blades so good to see you. And you as well Faye." Valarius shot a quick nod to Faye. A gesture not befitting of a ruler. They were never supposed acknowledge the lower caste, even the middle caste for that matter. Valarius quickly returned his sights to Blades. "How was the training? and the troops, still in fighting condition?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 11:35:14 pm »
"Troops are doing fairly well." Blades felt one of his biceps "I'm starting to put on some muscle...and Faye, all her arrows hit the target today so I'd say today was pretty good." Faye merely grinned when he commented on her bow skills. "Not bad for a candle dipper, right?" she knew it was unusual for Valarius to acknowledge her "And...thank you, my king." changing her tone at this.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 12:18:08 am »
Robyn smiled slyly as he stuffed the letter in 'her breast' "I'll get right on that m'lord" they both knew it was teasing but the odd passerby would likely assume that 'she' was flirting with the king. Robyn winked at him and scampered off to the kitchen to try out some of the food...ah the food, one of the few things he missed about life as a noble.

Offline Acheron187

• Hooves rock!
  • Male
    • MLP Arena
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 01:18:33 am »
Nex Walked the streets helmet at his side and gladius in it's sheath, two other legionaries walked with him in tow looking around for whatever suspicious activity might be seen. He walked proud standing straight and walking with large strides passing by the common folk not giving them a care, he soon found his way to the Civic hall walking in and looking at Valarius who he saw shewing Robyn off into the kitchen "Valarius..." He stopped in front of him and took off his fur cloak throwing it to Faye thinking she was the help "I was think we need to discuss are security for the coming event..."

----

Aurora sat within the cages of the arena awaiting what might be the next battle for her life, but when she though of it this was a better existence for her than what had been originally planned with her capture. She continued to sit looking out her small window at the clouds and sun that poked through the window.

(Not much to go off of for her, but I'll be fine to bring her up when the plot demands...)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 09:48:39 pm »
-redacted for mistaken location-
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 11:07:18 am by whtwolf »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 03:38:22 am »
"But of course Nex, Blades and i were just on our way to the war room to discus security measures." Valarius began to walk off. "By the way glad you didn't die out there." He let out a nervous laugh, it had been a while since anything was heard from Nex and his outfit. However sometimes no news was good news, and in this case it was.

----

The arena manager approached Aurora's cage. "You ready girl?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Acheron187

• Hooves rock!
  • Male
    • MLP Arena
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 01:56:57 pm »
Nex listened to Valarius paying great attention "Good..." He followed close continuing to listen "Ensuring our walls are secure is a job worth sacrifice, but those barbarians have given me nothing but a distraction..." He gave a confident smile and eagerly awaited there arrival at the war room "I do ponder...What security measures do you plan to have? I have the outside covered"

----

With the arena managers approach Aurora stood approaching the entrance of the cage looking toward the ground "Yes...Who do I have to kill next? Surely my release is coming soon..."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 02:43:13 pm »
Blades followed along with Valarius and Nex, Faye trailing behind them with Vex's coat. "Sir...I've been responsible for training the guard for the event and I have seen quite the progress I must say." he pulled Faye close "I even taught my fiancĂ© here to shoot a bow. But all that aside, the guards all appear in top shape." 

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 06:49:57 pm »
"You would not be glad it works should an asssin find you..." Sulios said, melting back into the shadows and making his way undetected towards civic hall to meet with valarius. However.... There was his interest at the arena he needed to check up on.... He'd been away for awhile, who knows what might've happened to her? The assassin hurried, pausing only to change into his standard armor, frowning when he realized he'd need his winter set of armor now that he was back in the city. The panther arrived arrived in the underbelly of the arena silently and undetected, watching as aurora was prepared for her fight. His cape and hood helped him blend into the shadows, to watch unobtrusively.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 11:28:23 pm by SkyFire »
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2014, 12:04:38 am »
Val stopped infront of the War Room doors. "Faye do please wait out here." He grabbed Nex's cloak from her and opened the doors, tossing the cloak onto a chair. "Well as for security inside the Civic Hall itself i have a few of the guards dressed as normal citizens  with hidden weapon panels no more than twenty feet from them." Val pulled out a map and drew a circle with his finger around the outside of the Civic Hall " We reduced patrols on the middle part of the city and brought them towards the center"

-----

"You should know not to speak of that, only our leader Valarius has the authority to grant such a thing and he rarely ever comes down here." The manager sifted through a few scrolls. "Twins, you'll be fighting twins."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2014, 12:18:36 am »
Faye nodded as they went in. Blades gave her a kiss "Shouldn't be too long sweetheart." he said as he walked in with Valarius and Nex. "Valarius, I only want to warn you. We can't keep pulling people off wall patrol like this. If we want to be effective in combat we need to have an adequate early alert system in place!" his tone was rather insistant.

Offline Acheron187

• Hooves rock!
  • Male
    • MLP Arena
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2014, 01:44:08 am »
Nex continued walking his attention focusing onto Val, his attention going to the other two some. With a sigh he did not respond to Blades instead continuing to walk forward, his attentions back onto Val as they approached the war room. Once inside he approached the table looking at the map that Val had laid down "You seem ready for this, a good sight to see..." With that he pulled his blade "No doubt then this party shall go well..." He looked to Blades "Don't speak when not addressed..."

----

Aurora gave a sigh listening to to the manager, with hearing who she'd be fighting next her eyes widened some "Twins...So be it" She simply prepared herself but couldn't help feeling something was off

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 10:59:31 am »
"We're not pulling them off wall patrol, the walls stay as they are, it's just the middle districts that will have half the patrols as normal. If any threat pops up we're going to use the beacons" Val laughed a little on the inside as Nex snapped at Blades. So set in the old ways, he thought to himself. "Plus i've arrange for the winner of today's arena fights to be brought up as a guard/guest a sort of reward one could say."

----
"Yeah twins killed three guard before being brought here, from what i've seen they work together and are deadly efficiant at it." The manager 'accidentally' dropped a small vial of poison and walked off as if it never happened. He shouted from the end of the hall "Don't forget to polish your swords."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 11:06:23 am »
Robyn left the kitchen stuffed and sat nearby as they talked about the security for the party making mental notes while appearing to be quieetly thinking to 'herself'

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2014, 11:35:31 am »
Blades naturally got a little ticked, being upper caste and told to stay his tongue. "Excuse me...but do I look like a lower casteman? Last I checked I was the only heir of military house Tavare so I kindly ask you address me with a little respect..." he evidently sounded a bit mad but held it back best he could.