Author Topic: Lancaster Gates (1x1 with Sledge)  (Read 13441 times)

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Re: Lancaster Gates (1x1 with Sledge)
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2014, 03:02:55 am »
"Oh..." Tara frowned. "I... Sorry... It's sorta my fault... I needed a guard..." She went silent, staying surprisingly quiet for her.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2014, 03:08:08 am »
"Eh it's fine I dn't think about what could have been no sense dwelling on the past. and no sense talking about this anymore." The sound of waves lapping up on shore could be heard, and salty began to waft through the air.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2014, 03:11:10 am »
"I-I was actually going to ask if we could change the subject, myself..." She took in a deep breath of salty ocean air. "That smell always calms my nerves... Don't know why... I mean, aside from being an otter..."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2014, 03:22:12 am »
Maraas' footsteps began to sound soggy. "Well we will get to spend a few days out on the ocean, but we need to hurry before high tide hits." Maraas began to pick up his pace, as they neared towards the exit light slowly began to fill the tunnel. However even the reflection on the water betrayed what was happening in the city. Smoke spewed out of the city like blood from an open wound. "Don't worry, when we return we shall have an army at our back."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2014, 09:34:32 am »
"I caused all of this?" Tara asked, looking back at the city. She turned back to Maraas. "How are we going to fix this? This is huge... I'm not worried about me... I'm worried about my people..." Her gaze on the water turned into something more like longing. "Are we clear enough from the city to swim for a moment?"
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 10:05:31 am by Sledge »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2014, 03:20:53 pm »
"A swim what are you daft? No! We can not rest until we are safe across the waters." Maraas ran over to what looked like a mass of debris and rocks, and began removing them to uncover a small but sturdy boat. He began to push it into the water. "Alright hurry it up."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2014, 09:16:36 pm »
"Across the wa- but..." Tara looked back at the city. "We're leaving?" She sighed and climbed into the boat. "What's going to happen to us? To those loyal to my family?"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2014, 09:45:04 pm »
"We have allies across the sea, those in the castle will be put to death, and those that don't swear fealty to the new rules will be put to death." Maraas pushed the boat out to sea and took up the oars and began rowing.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2014, 09:57:22 pm »
Tara let out a gasp when he mentioned that those loyal to her would be killed, and her hand went up to her mouth. After a moment, she seemed to gather her emotions. "And we're just leaving?" Her voice held an accusation. "They die for me and I repay them by leaving?"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2014, 10:05:27 pm »
"You repay them by bringing an army to avenge them, that is how you repay them." Maraas stopped rowing turning around to look at the besieged city as the boat floated on. "We will bring an army to avenge this."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2014, 10:08:27 pm »
Tara simply blinked away a tear and nodded. "We'd better. I'd never forgive myself if we didnt. And is never forgive you for making me leave."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2014, 10:10:06 pm »
"It wasn't my choice, it's something I promised to your father many years ago." Maraas resumed rowing, he wanted to put as much distance between them and the city as soon as possible.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2014, 11:26:41 pm »
"I see... Well... I'm going to swim. Don't worry... I'll stay by the boat." Before he could object, Tara stood, dropped her dress, and dove into the water. She was an amazing swimmer(sea otter, duh), and would have no problem keeping up with Maraas' rowing.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2014, 11:42:45 pm »
Maraas just shook his head and just looked at the sky while he rowed. " Watch out for man- eating eels."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2014, 11:55:34 pm »
"Hey, Maraas..." Tara said, popping up next to the boat a few minutes later. "Hand me my sword... I'm going to get some fish... I never had supper, you know."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2014, 12:04:47 am »
" here." Maraas tossed the sword towards Tara.  "You should be fast, once they notice your body isn't there. They'll come after you."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2014, 12:16:01 am »
"Yeah..." She said, catching the sword. "Except for the fact I can easily outrun you..." She dove, the blade of the sword putting off a light blue glow as soon as it hit the water. So far, that's all she had been able to determine it did... But, she hadn't ever had to fight underwater before, either. She popped up a bit later, several fish impaled on the blade, and the blue glow slowly fading. "Want some?" She asked as she pulled her naked self into the boat. "I got plenty for you to have some too."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2014, 12:29:06 am »
" I'm fine." He held out Tara's dress. " the sun is setting and night will soon be upon us. Eat then get some sleep."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2014, 03:54:37 am »
She cocked an eyebrow at him and took her dress. "Very well... Suit yourself."  She quickly got dressed and ate, then leaned against the back of the boat and closed her eyes. "It's not exactly my bed..." She muttered before falling asleep.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2014, 10:00:26 pm »
Maraas muttered under his breath. "It's not exactly a place fit for her majesty." The sun soon hid itself beneath the horizon. The Moon and star raced to the sky as if chasing the sun. Maraas continued rowing, looking at the stars. "You shall be my company tonight, and I don't believe I've had more beautiful company." He let out a longing sigh. "Soon enough once this is over I shall get to join your numerous ranks, and be a guiding light to those in need, but until then I am Maraas, I am Nothing, I am Alone." He let out another deep sigh, continuing his talk with the celestial bodies far above the Earth. The Sun returned seemingly as quick as it left, peaking over the horizon as if to spy on those already awake. Maraas looked up, continuing to row, just as he did through the night. "Tara Mi'Lady it's time to awaken."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2014, 11:21:07 pm »
"Mmmmph..." Tara grunted, rolling over. Not the most flattering noise for a queen to make. "M nah Dunn swimmng..." She muttered.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2014, 11:29:41 pm »
Maraas let out a slight laugh. "Then keep swimming my queen, swim to you reach the shores of Arenbauer."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2014, 11:33:03 pm »
"Mmhmm..." She mumbled, then a few moments later yawned and stretched, a sign she was beginning to wake.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2014, 11:39:35 pm »
"Morning Mi'Lady?" Maraas kept a steady rowing pace. "I trust you slept well...well as well as one can in a wooden boat."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2014, 11:41:45 pm »
"A wooden boat?" She questioned, sitting up. "We're in a wooden Bo- oh..." The events of the night before came rushing back to her. "Right..."