Author Topic: Fading Hope Season 2 (IC)  (Read 11128 times)

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
Fading Hope Season 2 (IC)
« on: July 08, 2014, 06:31:25 pm »
Leilani...

217 days after...

Leilani sat in her quarters of the old convention center where the shelter was set up. A turtle in a policeman's uniform came in carrying something behind his back "Good morning Leilani...you sleep okay?" Leilani sighed brushing her hair out of her face "All things considered with the world and the way things are now...yeah, i'm good. Thanks for asking Officer St. John." disappointment obviously painting her face as she finished, looking away. "Leilani...honey, I know you wanna get home to Marksburgh and I know you miss your mom and dad. We'll get you home eventually..." Officer St. John pulled the package from behind his back. It was an boxed doll "I know your birthday was months ago but...happy birthday Leilani." Leilani's eyes lit up when she saw the doll, she grabbed it and hugged him "Thanks Mr. St. John...this ws really nice." she pulled away, placing the gift on her cot "Now...where am I needed today?" she asked. "You're needed in the infirmary again...Mr. Littler broke his leg and his kid's sick as well...Mrs. Anson also needs help taking stock of the medicine. Keep the gun with you...things have been a bit touch and go as of late."

With that Leilani proceeded to the infirmary and joined Mrs. Anson in the medicine room. "Three bottles of Ibuprofen...five bottles of cough medicine...ten boxes of roller bandages..." the list went on and on yet it still seemed to get smaller and smaller. Leilani sighed "We really need to do another scavenging run soon...can't fix everything with cough syrup." Mrs. Anson nodded "Agreed, i'll make sure our scouts go..." suddenly Mr. Littler's kid was coughing up blood and they rushed back into the main room of the infirmary only to see him choke and die...Leilani went to Mr. Littler's side to try and comfort him as he wept. Suddenly, she felt herself being pulled back by her hair followed by a gunshot. Apparently the kid had been nursing a zombie bite the whole time...with that Leilani went from sympathetic to angered "Are you crazy? Why didn't you say anything? I could've been killed!" suddenly the infirmary window crashed in with a wave of zeds. Mrs. Anson pulled Leilani back just as they grabbed Mr. Littler. He screamed for help as she was pulled away "It's too late for him Leilani...we need to get out of here! I'm gonna go check in on the front gate, you find Officer St. John and warn him!"

With that, Leilani saw she didn't need to warn him as he was already shooting at a group that entered through the east gate. "Leilani...grab your stuff, i'm getting you out of here!" With that they ran to her cot and she grabbed her bag and the doll she had been given that morning and with that they made for the back exit...they made it only to find a mini-horde at their backs. With that he shoved Leilani towards the door and began trying to pare down the horde "Run Leilani, run!" "But Officer...what about you?" "Just go! I'll be fine Leilani...just run!" With that, Leilani ran towards the door...looking back only once as she left...

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Re: Fading Hope Season 2 (IC)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 06:49:49 pm »
Dani...

No days after... The day of.

Star walked through her living room, kicking aside junk from the night before's party. She grabbed her bag and opened it up as she sat down, then took her riot guards and mask out and began strapping the guards on in preparation for her next heist. Just as she donned her mask, her door burst open and a fur stumbled in bleeding from what looked to be a bite wound on his arm. "Help me!"

Star stood and moved toward him, her riot guard arm forward to push him out of her penthouse if she needed to. "Sir, you can't be here. This is a private..." She cut off as she neared her open door and saw the walkers below tearing a fur apart. "Holy crap!"

The furs all looked up as the one in her living room collapsed behind her, and started clumsily moving up the small flight of stairs. Wasting no time to find out what they were, Star enacted her emergency escape plan. She pivoted guickly, dove over her couch and grabbed her bag, then took off towards one certain window. She drew her blade and smashed the pommel of it into the glass, then jumped through, sliding down the sloped outer wall outside. She sheathed her blade then jumped when she reached the end of the sloped portion, throwing herself into air for a moment before landing on an adjacent rooftop. There, she turned and looked up at her home. There were walkers stumbling out of the window, sliding uncontrollably down the slope, then dropping right off the edge. "There's something wrong here..." Star muttered before turning and leaving.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 07:14:17 pm »
Cortney...

174 days after...

Cortney stood on a balcony watching the dead walk around down below. He could hear them in the halls pounding at the door. He looked over his shoulder at the door checking his barricade. "That's not going to hold out to much longer." He looked back over the balcony, the sun was beginning to rise. He sighed grabbing his water jug, it sloshed around only half full. "Gonna have to scavenge again soon."

Just as he stowed his water the sound of splintering wood filled the air. "Nothing like starting the day with some cardio." With that he dashed into the fray to emerge a decent time later covered in gore, but safe. He glanced back up at the hotel balcony. "I'm gonna miss the free breakfast....free rooms...the free everything. Oh well the zed say it's time to move." He glance towards the center of town and began making his way there.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 08:05:29 pm »
Rex...

253 days after...

Rex sighed as he poured the last of his fuel into the generator. "There goes whatever protection I have left," he said as the gas can went dry. He threw it to the side and flicked on the switch, the lights in the room whirring to life, and the outside fence beginning to course electricity throughout. He sat in his desk chair, knowing that if he didn't find fuel soon, there would only be a powerless fence between him and these... things. He stopped trying to figure out if they were cannibals or just sick people. He's been inside most of these days since the outbreak started and today was no exception. He would only go out about three times a week for supplies. He looked at the computer that he used to spend long hours at a time on, hacking security systems for a thief he once knew or stealing money from bank accounts. Either way, he missed the days when life used to be somewhat easy. Night was approaching and he knew that he needed supplies and gas if he could find any the next day. He got out of the desk chair and lied down on his bed across from the room. He heard the moans and groans from the undead upstairs and outside. He found it hard to go to sleep this way, so he reached for the nightstand beside him and grabbed his mp3 player and plugged the headphones in his ears.

(For those curious of what the ending music would be for him to rest, here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPHw5sbjr38 )
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 10:21:04 pm »
Jacoby Quinn...

187 days after...

Jac climbed off of the stolen ATV at another massive collection of cars that never made it past the traffic. he looked around quietly and grabbed a glass breaker and his crossbow from the back and began going through the cars, he didn't really find much...topped off his water can and his gas tank, grabbed a few new tools, a brand new roll of electrical tape. he plugged the adapter into one of the cars cigarette lighters and cranked it, plugging in his welder he began to fashion a crude cooking surface from metal he ripped off of some of the cars. after he finished he laid in the road for an hour or so. The buzzards began to circle him and he used his crossbow to nail one. after he ate he double checked over the vehicles and hopped back on his ATV. "well...today was good, food, water, tools...just gotta keep moving"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 11:49:21 pm »
253 days after...

Star moved quietly down the dark city street, watching the few meandering walkers through her peripherals. She had made this mask she wore with eye slots that extended behind her actual eyes just for the peripherals. She noticed a single house surrounded by a fence; electric judging by the faint hum of a generator in the background. they have to have supplies... What else could they be protecting? They at least have shelter. she jogged to the fence and looked it over, looking for the best route through. (Is it chain link, single wire, double wire, triple...?)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:12:01 am by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 12:21:11 am »
(It's chain link)

253 days after...

If Star looked along the fence close enough, there was a small opening in which if a furson were coordinated enough, could unlock the fence from the other side. Rex had it set up this way because those things were not nearly smart enough to think of that. The part of the fence in which she could unlock did not have any electricity coursing throughout it, which was lucky for her.

Meanwhile, Rex was beginning to fall asleep. No way into the building besides bursting through the front door or the window. He could easily hear it with his headphones being at a low volume, just loud enough to cover the moans from the things upstairs.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 12:24:24 am »
253 days after...

Cortney watched Dani observe the building. "Hey girly if you can get me in i'll let you have first dibs on the good loot." Cortney stood on a low near by rooftop. It offered protection form the walkers, but not the elements. "As an added bonus i'll help kill some walkers, Sound like a deal?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 12:29:23 am »
(Good job ruining our plan, sea...  >:( JK...  (: still, though...)

Star spun, drawing her blade, and checking the area. Spotting him, she strode toward him slowly. "I prefer working alone... Either way, I get first dibs on the good loot... What else do you have to offer?"

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 12:30:36 am »
253 days after...

Meanwhile back in town, Leilani was merely doing her rounds around the theater. Being alone was driving her a bit mad, she'd already filled up a fair few sketchbooks and was running out of paper and supplies. She merely sighed "What a life Leilani...what a life..."

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 12:34:16 am »
"Like I said to you I'll help kill some zed." Cortney nodded towards the building. "That place can't be entirely cleaned out, plus if somebody is living there they won't take kindly to intruders." Corntey drew his trench sword. "So? If not i'm sure there's others in town."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 12:44:07 am »
"Just keep watch until I get everything open." Star said, turning back to the gate and sheathing her blade. She knealt down and took out her lock picking kit, then went to work on the gate. In a few seconds, she was through and had moved to the door, which she then started working on picking.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 12:48:17 am »
Rex quickly sat up in bed, realizing something was wrong. "Oh man," he said walking over to his desk quickly grabbing his AR15. "I forgot to do maintenance on this. Don't want it jamming up on me when I go out there tomorrow," he said as he placed the cleaning kit on his desk and took out his headphones. He opened up the kit, beginning to unroll the necessary things he would need to clean his weapon.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 12:51:47 am »
Once the lock clicked open, Star took a can of graphite from her kit and put some on the hinges to prevent them from squeaking, then slowly pushed the door, senses on high alert. She prepared herself to bolt if necessary, and moved through the front door quietly, motioning to Cortney.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 12:53:52 am »
Cortney nodded and began to follow, he began speaking in hushed tones. "So who are you? I mean what's your name? I didn't think there were other survivors here."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 12:57:34 am »
"Be quiet." Star whispered, holding a finger up to her mask. She looked around a doorframe and saw Rex, and held her hand up in a fist to stop Cortney. She pointed ahead, taking care not to get in the light coming out of the room. "Star. That's the only name you need to know."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 01:00:17 am »
Rex's weapon had been taken apart at this point and he had begun to clean the barrel of the gun. He had no guns to fight with, but there was a lead pipe beside him just in case he ever got caught off guard or ran out of ammo. He thought he had heard whispers and when he quickly turned to them, saw nothing. He shrugged and guessed it was the groans coming from upstairs. "This place must be driving me insane," he mumbled to himself.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 01:02:03 am »
Cortney gave Dani a sideways glance, just shaking his head he observed the room blade in hand, waiting to strike and get some more supplies. He could smell gun lubricant. He began thinking to himself 'Somebody is virtually defenseless, easy target.'
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 01:03:48 am »
After another quick glance, Star dove across the doorway, somehow dampening most of her noise through a roll. However, there was no way to dampen it all, and her climbing kit let out a muffled clink. She froze and drew her blade, eyes on the doorway.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 01:08:25 am »
Rex quickly looked over and dropped the barrel he was cleaning on the table. He grabbed the lead pipe beside him and began to walk towards the doorway. He kept asking himself if this was simply noises from upstairs or if someone actually invaded his home at this point. He began to get closer... closer towards Star and Cortney's location. "Hey. If someone's here. You gotta leave. I don't want to fight you," Rex said with his eyes darting along each side of the doorway as he was within a few feet of Star and Cortney.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 01:10:51 am »
Cortney had his weapon ready to clock Rex with the knuckle-dusters. He glanced over at Star waiting to see her move, then glanced back at Rex. He quickly became uncomfortable with how close Rex was getting.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 01:14:38 am »
Star, thinking quickly, sheathed her blade and pressed herself up against the wall outside of the door, getting ready to slip in once he exited the room. She pointed at another door for Cortney's benefit. She didnt want to kill a fur she didnt know if it could be helped, but she did have a semi-developed plan.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 01:18:26 am »
Rex walked out of the room and into the dim light room next to it and began to search for whoever or whatever could be there. He began to look behind doors and furniture, leaving no stone unturned. He didn't know what he would do once he found the culprit, but he knew he had to be on the search for his own safety.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2014, 01:22:06 am »
Star slipped into the room once he had left, and quickly grabbed the firing pin from his rifle, then started searching the room for any useable supplies. She pocketed the pin and looked around for a moment before realizing something. When he found nobody, he would return... She then decided on the next best plan and sat on the bed, her blade drawn again. Maybe she could negotiate with this fur...

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2014, 01:26:18 am »
Cortney gently sat down, maintaining this position. He had become rather curious as to how this entire scenario would end up playing out.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke