Author Topic: Question to Bronies/Pegasisters  (Read 5130 times)

Offline Madam Glitch

• Species: Dragon
  • The Madam of the Glitches
  • Female
    • DeviantART
Question to Bronies/Pegasisters
« on: March 17, 2015, 05:55:41 pm »
I have a question to Bronies/Pegasisters about the show. What is it about the television show that makes you like it and to be a member of the community? I've always been interested in why people are interested in the show, but haven't really had anyone to ask.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline Oktek

• Species: Domestic cat
  • Male
Re: Question to Bronies/Pegasisters
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 07:06:26 am »
I'm a Brony, so I'll try to answer this. The most important part is the plot. All episodes have a conclusion and this is very rare in shows at this time. The second thing is what says the title itself - "Friendship is Magic". Friendship is important, but we forget about it more and more often. MLP shows, how important is the friendship. The plot actually makes sense, not like in other shows of this category. For example, there is a show called... Teletubbies and when I saw a fragment of one of the episodes I felt like my brain was about to explode, because it's nearly the stupidest thing ever. MLP is very different. It is interesting. There is also action, some really dangerous victims, not everything goes easily, sometimes the main characters are very close to losing. If you ripped it off of the candy animation style, you wold see that it's a deep story about friendship that lasts despite everything.
HAKUNA MATATA!

Offline Shiru_Da_Koon

• Species: Werecoon
  • The wind can't blow without having a scent
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 01:00:32 pm »
Season 4 episode 25&26 will explain it all xD like seriously I wont tell you anything about the show till you watch it. I'm a Brony and been hooked since s4 episode 4.
With my Mother's Love and Wisdom and my Father's Strength and Discipline... This I Will Defend...

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 04:17:29 pm »
I like MLP: FiM because the show is well made in that, as Oktek mentioned, it tells a story from beginning to end, every episode. There are lessons in each show that anyone can relate to, and the ponies are not all about being girly girly frou frous--they each have their own distinct personalities, which lends to the story even more. I've been watching it since it first aired and while I don't always agree with the direction it goes, I find every episode enjoyable in some way or another. I also enjoy the music in each episode. Everything about it is well executed for an animated series, something unusual in this day and age (it's definitely more on par with 90s cartoons than today's run-of-the-mill badly drawn stuff). I was surprised at how attached I became with the characters from the very beginning; I credit the writing staff, musicians, and original creator Lauren Faust for this.

Twilight Sparkle is best pony.  8)

And that's how Equestria was made my two cents!
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Madam Glitch

• Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 03:45:44 pm »
Thanks for the answers folks ^_^
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 06:11:57 am »
For a long time I never watched the show 'cause I thought it'd be too kidish. But I tried it out because of the hype. And one of things that immediately drew me in to it is that, while it's made so that kids can enjoy it, it's also got enough depth to the stories and characters for adults to enjoy.  Also just about every episode has at least one part that totally cracks me up. (often from something pinkie pie did or said.) The stories are almost always well written, the animation is great, the characters all have a lot of depth and are each their own personality. So yeah, I'm kinda hooked on it now.

Twilight Sparkle is best pony.  8)
I like all the main characters, but even though I more strongly identify with Fluttershy and Twilight, Rainbow Dash is easily my favorite.

Offline Madam Glitch

• Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 02:54:35 pm »
Ah, that's cool. I've seen a few episodes and the show seems interesting. Though, I generally will watch fanfic readings on YouTube that are dark in nature because I like dark stuff.
--Mewtwo

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 03:59:50 am »
I can't say I'm a Pegasister but I am a fan I like the show because it teaches really good lessons about friendship and I really like Discord. He reminds me of Q on Star trek  :D

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 05:11:21 am »
I can't say I'm a Pegasister but I am a fan I like the show because it teaches really good lessons about friendship and I really like Discord. He reminds me of Q on Star trek  :D
I guess it's not too surprising that Discord would remind you of Q since Discord is voiced by the actor that played Q.

Offline Madam Glitch

• Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 10:31:24 am »
Discord is voiced by the dude who played Q? That's quite awesome!
--Mewtwo