Poll

Which news networks do you get your information from?

The Economist
1 (1.6%)
BBC
7 (10.9%)
NPR
2 (3.1%)
PBS
5 (7.8%)
The Wall Street Journal
3 (4.7%)
ABC News
0 (0%)
CBS News
3 (4.7%)
NBC News
3 (4.7%)
CNN
5 (7.8%)
USA Today
2 (3.1%)
Google News
3 (4.7%)
The Blaze
0 (0%)
The New York Times
3 (4.7%)
The Washington Post
2 (3.1%)
MSNBC
1 (1.6%)
The Guardian
0 (0%)
The New Yorker
1 (1.6%)
Politico
1 (1.6%)
Yahoo News
0 (0%)
Fox News
3 (4.7%)
Mother Jones
0 (0%)
Slate
0 (0%)
The Huffington Post
0 (0%)
The Colbert Report
3 (4.7%)
ThinkProgress
1 (1.6%)
The Daily Show
3 (4.7%)
Drudge Report
0 (0%)
Daily Kos
0 (0%)
The Sean Hannity Show
1 (1.6%)
Al Jazeera America
0 (0%)
The Ed Shultz Show
0 (0%)
The Glenn Beck Programm
0 (0%)
The Rush Limbaugh Show
0 (0%)
BuzzFeed
0 (0%)
The Young Turks
1 (1.6%)
Info Wars/Alex Jones
1 (1.6%)
Seeker
1 (1.6%)
Vice
3 (4.7%)
OTHER (There are many, please specify!)
5 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: News Sources You Trust  (Read 1958 times)

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
News Sources You Trust
« on: July 26, 2016, 02:00:11 am »
In the poll above I have listed many of the major news sources in the United States, and an "other" option for the numerous other news outlets in the world to see who the furry fandom (or Furtopia, at least) goes to and trusts for reliable information on any and all news.

If you are wondering where this list came from, it got it from this study done by business insider I found intriguing. All the news sites on this list and a few others I wanted to add are on the poll. Also, the study shows who conservatives and liberals trust so you can compare yourself.

As for me, personally, I usually go to alternate media sources like Secular Talk, ThinkProgress, Redacted Tonight, Vice, Seeker, and The District Sentinel, as well as more mainstream sites like The Colbert Report and The Daily Show, and more written media like The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, The New York Times, and the Huffington Post when I want to know more about a story. I don't trust outlets such as the "big three" (CNN, MSNBC, and Fox) and conservative outlets. I used to be a big fan of The Young Turks, but they have done some unacceptable things recently and their talk is getting out of hand. I still visit their videos often, but I find myself unable to watch an entire video most times.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 02:17:04 am by Hashira »
Come find me! More to come!

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: News Sources You Trust
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 06:41:22 am »
Out of the three major networks I wont watch our local ABC. It's gone sensationalistic. I'm old enough to really miss real news. None of this panel of experts bs. Opinions have nothing to do with news. Opinions have no place in news. News should be information only.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 12:55:43 pm »
I find MSNBC reasonably accurate with it's reporting. Granted it does lean to the
left a bit in politics, but seems to work at being balanced.

Trouble with most news outlets, they are owned or paid for by large corporations, and
that can afftect how they color the news.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 01:01:57 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Fleeyock

• Species: Sheep
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 01:51:45 pm »
I find most mainstream news in America is pretty unawatchable, espacially that "Big 3" you mentioned. CNN used to be intelligent, until Fox News ratings started skyrocketing back in the 2000s for being... whatever it is they are (sensationalist, slanted, an entertainment freak show geared to a population with low intelligence). They sadly followed in their footsteps and have become just as dreadful.

I started getting my news online from BBC years ago, not sure how people in Europe feel about it, but its leagues better than the garbage we have here. They have great coverage of world issues from pretty much everywhere, including America. They also have quirky articles that expound on questions about nature and the human experience from time to time that I tend to get sucked into ("What's it like to be born / die?","How intelligent are dolphins really?","Is Mars really worth visiting?").

On television, I only watch local news, but when I'm really bored.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 01:59:22 pm »
I usually like to browse all the tabloids in the supermarket aisles.  :D

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 07:52:04 pm »
I like Fox New for a quick look but  for analysis and editorial I prefer The Wall Street Journal or  Forbs.com.

Offline some_random_wusky

• Species: a wusky, of course!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 09:43:10 am »
google news
usa today
cnn
honestly thinks we need another mass extinction

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 07:20:43 pm »
I think I'm going to strike CNN off the list. Turned it on a few days ago. "news' guy was talking to some official in Florida about the latest virus case. Official was giving people advice on staying healthy. "News" guy then asked'
"So what are your thoughts on trump."
How inhuman do you have to be to push aside "things you need to do to save your life". Just to talk about trump. There are eight year olds that are more professional than that.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 10:03:24 pm »
My Toshiba computer has it's own home page with news.

Offline Chipper Blu-wolf

• Species: timber wolf
  • Spending too much on media
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 03:02:45 pm »
I have four news sources stickied on my start page: Fox News, CNN, PBS News Hour, and the BBC.  Quite an interesting line-up for sure.  Given political slants, there's stuff that shows up on one, but not the other, or its a small story in one, but a headline on another.  Its hard to find a "good news" source you just have to take everything with several grains of salt these days!
Its best to eat a balanced diet with a cookie in each paw!

Offline Robert_Silvermyst

• Species: Archangel Wolf
  • High King of Furgasta
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 02:05:35 am »
I generally stick with BBC, CBS and  FOX as an all-out balanced collective. There are too many far-left news sources out there that seem to more want to push political narratives than report the news. BBC and CNN are a bit more centered, and FOX is one of the few conservative news stations out there.  But the Colbert Report and Daily Show? I watch those just to get a laugh. Something we all need more of in this overly sensitive age of ours.