Author Topic: Prepare for Frances  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Sporty Fox

• Male
Prepare for Frances
« on: September 02, 2004, 10:50:22 am »
Kada-Ru and WS, and all the other furs in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennesse, and Ohio, I hope you all the best. Looks like Frances is going to head up the Ohio Valley after crossing Florida 5 day map and has the possibility of being the hardest hurricane in the last 100 years. Last year Isabele knocked out our power for 8 days, and I'm in the mountians of Virginia! This is going to be stronger than Isabele, so you guys could be in for a rough time this weekend.
  Everyfur in its path please take this seriously and prepare, and let us know when it's over that your all alright.
"I'm no longer active here but those wishing to contact me can thru e-mail or my LJ. Please note that I cannot receive or respond to PM's sent thru Furtopia."

http://sporty-fox.livejournal.com/

Offline TigerWiccan

• Male
Prepare for Frances
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 11:53:51 am »
I'm in central FL, and we're right in the path.  Kinda worried, but I'll post back here when it's all done.
My Furry Code:
FFT2a A C D H++ M P+ R+ T++ W Z- Sm+ RLBM a+ cn+ d+ e+ f h+ i+ j+ p- sm+

Offline Sskessa

• magically delicious
    • 14 Nights -- A webcomic
Prepare for Frances
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 12:06:24 pm »
It's gonna hit North Carolina right? They always do.
Someone Else's Problem: My adventures in China

I have never had a deep interest in revenge. Revenge is the concern of those who are at some point or other beaten.
-- The Tale of the Body Thief

Offline Sporty Fox

• Male
Prepare for Frances
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 12:13:14 pm »
TW, I'll be keeping my thoughts on you and your's all weekend.
  Sskessa, as of now only the western third of N.C. is expected to get anything fierce. If it keeps on the projected tract it will come up the Ohio Valley and stay west of the Smokies and Blueridge Mountians. Of course, it could change directions, but so far all changes have been to the west/northwest. If it suddenly follows the gulf streams heat and turns north/northeast then we have to start worrying along the mid and upper east coast.

Edited for directional error

"I'm no longer active here but those wishing to contact me can thru e-mail or my LJ. Please note that I cannot receive or respond to PM's sent thru Furtopia."

http://sporty-fox.livejournal.com/

Prepare for Frances
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 12:41:14 pm »
My thoughts are with everyfur and non-fur in the Hurricane's path. God be with you!  ':shock:'
*prays you'll be safe*

Offline Lascivus_Lutra

• Otterly Amazing
  • Male
    • Otterly Amazing Tails
Prepare for Frances
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 01:58:16 pm »
Having lived in FL for 8 years and coastal NC for 13, I will give my 2 cents.

1.  If you want to have a Hurricane Party, buy the booze now and party AFTER the hurricane is gone.

2.  Fill the propane tank on your grill, for cooking after when the power doesn't come back on.

3.  Buy batteries (radio's) and bottled water (for you and your pets)

4.  Fill the bath tub with water, for flushing the toilets later if they shut the water off.

5.  Stay indoors until the storm has passed.

6.  Fill your coolers with ice, freeze water in empty milk/soda containers.

Thats it, stay safe and I'll see ya'll after the storm.
Otterly Amazing Tails

Member: Stuck In The Elevator Club

Offline Savaaha

• Female
Prepare for Frances
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 05:05:01 pm »
Even us in Mississippi are mking plans for this if it keeps its NW jog going. *wonders if the gryphs,dragons,avians and other wingeds could all line up and fan it back to sea* would be cool thats for sure.

Offline Admiral Purge

• Male
Prepare for Frances
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 11:21:53 pm »
I'm just north of Atlanta, all we're going to get (looks like) is a good bit of rain. The temperature was just starting to cool off, too...

I've already had to cancel party plans because of this thing. It had better be impressive  ':p'
The Apology That Nobody Will Read

My Live Journal - Tachibana General Laboratories

"You know it would scare the s*** out of al Qaeda if suddenly a bunch of black ninjas rappelled out of helicopters into the middle of their camp." Clinton, quo