Author Topic: Cat girls and cat boys....  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Melina

• Female
Cat girls and cat boys....
« on: September 05, 2004, 12:35:49 am »
This is just a question I want answered. Why is a proportional Japanese furry that seems to lean quite on human but is mostly cat not considered furry? I am a lot like that. I don't really know what the deal is, but I'd rather have it answered. Let's keep it a nice pleasant conversation, okay?
See you guys later..

Offline Cesarin

• Famous Huggable & Artistic Dragon
  • Male
    • http://www.cesarin.furtopia.org
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 12:49:36 am »
ome consider it as furries, other dont
but remember anthropomorphic or furry animals are suposed to be a  n ANIMAL with human characteristics
wich a catgirl or catboy cant, since they're more than 95% human
sometimes catgirls dont even have paws or animal feets, they use fake paws and animal feets.
some dont even have tail too.
an anime character can be named as neko ( catboy or catgirl) by  just adding animal ears and vampire like teeth to the average anime character.

characters such as TAMTAM have almost all body animal body fake, its just a boy/gal who lived with animals and learned their tricks, and they wear fake paws and animal feets ( shoe like )
clothing and tail that make them reasemble like a neko.

Inuyasha is a good example of a character that I IM PREETY SURE it wont fit in the "FURRY" therm
since he's completely human, except his nails, his animal like teeth and his ears. he doesnt even seem to have a tail.

also the furry japanese therm is very clear tha is named KEMONO
so Catgirl/Catboy thing is not completely furry for me.
-= Cesarin The White DraGoN=-
<a href="http://www.cesarin.furtopia.org" target="_blank">My Webpage</a>

Offline Melina

• Female
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 01:13:38 am »
So.... what about a character with hands, but claws, light pale fur, cat eyes, padded feet, whiskers, a tail, cat ears, and animal instincts that fight against human ways? Would that be furry enough?
See you guys later..

Offline Cesarin

• Famous Huggable & Artistic Dragon
  • Male
    • http://www.cesarin.furtopia.org
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 02:01:27 pm »
I guess yes, but who knows, the definition could be diferent from person to person.
those who dont like anime like or furries with too humanistic characteristic would refuse even that kind of catgirls.
Ie, they want a complete fluffy body with hair. Like it an animal standing in 2 feets.
-= Cesarin The White DraGoN=-
<a href="http://www.cesarin.furtopia.org" target="_blank">My Webpage</a>

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 03:58:34 pm »
Anthros are essentially just the original animals made bipedal, which would make then animals with some human characteristics.  Catgirls/boys and the like, however, are usually more human than animal.  Some furs judge if they are furry or not based on how many furry traits they have and/or how much like a cat they behave, while others just consider them to be a different category altogether.

Offline -SilentKnight-

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 06:59:43 am »
There's a huge difference between the 'anime' version of catpeople and the more classical versions.

Personally the anime versions freak me out. A person with a set of cat ears on their head is NOT a catperson, or anywhere near furry to me.

Example -  http://pantransit.reptiles.org/images/1999-02-21/Catgirl-1.jpg

I've taken some flak here and in other places for my catpeople, simply because it seems to be ingrained in the minds of many that "cats dont count".

Offline Melina

• Female
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 07:03:16 pm »
Well, you know.... it could be griped about so much that only non anthros are the real deal. A monkey with human build and all could be furry. Monkey King is really cool on Jackie Chan Adventures. I'd make a villian like that any day. Most claimed originals I have seen just make well use of their tails and ears, and there is a small hint of animal instincts here and there. I haven't been around many furries exept for Furtopia and Furcadia though. Maybe this is just a ramble but there are several catgirls that could mop the floor with some of these full fledged furries out here. I suggest reading The Cat That Wanted to be a Man. That's about a wizard's kitten that wants to be a human, and he gets turned into a younger teenager and goes to a human town. I have only read a few chapters but I think I'll read it all just for entertainment later on. I'm reading books for my english class. If I antagonized you after I have read this, I don't mean any offense, it's just a very small comparisan. Maybe I'm kind of wrong, but you have the right to kindfully correct me.
See you guys later..