Author Topic: Furtopia song! (Inspector Clouseau theme cover) Kobuk,Alexandre,Arbutus,etc...  (Read 3150 times)

Offline Choky

• Rare species
  • Male
    • http://choky.furtopia.org/
 Ok,new song,I was playing around with Henry Mancini´s "Inspector Clouseau theme" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIBhTcCq5zA) and I randomly started singing about Furtopia while playing it,so in the end I decided to just record it all because I couldnt resist.
So yeah,just dont take it too seriously :P

--- Link to song with both download and streamable format: CLICKY LINK! :D ---

Here are the lyrics for the song,in case you find it hard to understand it by ear alone(It could happen...and most probably will).
Background fill-vocal parts are written in Italicized and in between parenthesis ( ... )
Most of it is pretty uninspired,but to be fair,I did freestyle this all bit by bit until I had a full song.

-Intro starts with Henry Mancinis Inspector Clouseaus theme from Pink Panther-
 Furtopia,carnivores,vegitarians and theres much more. <--- Thats for Liedt,we have equality now,even in the songs :D
 (Fur-to-pi-a your home away from home)
Have a look around and then its your,time to shine,join us,find out what furries use forums for.
 (Time to shine,join us,find out what furries use forums for)
They laugh and play,post away,open pointless threads that last one day.
 (Laugh and play and post away)
Nobody replies but thats ok,back in line,watch out,or youll be mauled by a green husky. <--- The gruesome greenie is Kobuk,duh! :D
 (Back in line,watch out,or youll be mauled by a green husky)

-Inspector Clouseau theme solo,followed by random improvised solo-

One pink fox,and Arbutus,patrolling up and down the forums just, <--- Pink fox is Alexandre,duh! :D
(One pink fox,and Arbutus)
looking for the trolls that we mistrust,to kick them,ban them,then de-spam them,another troll gets bust.
(We mistrust,to kick them,ban them,then de-spam them,another troll gets bust)

Visit us,its a must,Furtopias got the best bang for your buck
(*Same as above but in another harmony pitch*)
all the other ones just clearly suck,so sign up,log on,youve just become,another one of us.
(So sign up,log on,youve just become,another one of us)

Furtopias the best place to,be the species you wanted to,
If you dont well its up to you,you do what you want...

-Whistle solo done specially for Sskessa :D and the other furs in THIS thread :D HA! (: -

Whiteshepard,KadaRu,JoshDown,Saril,others too
(Whiteshepard,KadaRu)
Im sorry I could not sing about you,please dont take it the wrong way Im very fond of you.
(Im sorry I could not sing about you...........................................very fond of you!) <--- The last high voice is dedicated to McMajik,lover of hair metal.

---

For the people named directly in this song,I hope I said your name properly.You were on the boards at the right time,because if you name is here its caus I opened Furtopia at certain times to see which names to pick at certain parts of progress in this song.
Right excuse time now...Im lazy and in the end I ended up recording all the vocals with a crappy USB mic,and although I repent now upon hearing the quality of it theres nothing to be done about it now :P
I was gonna put some palmas(flamenco claps) and more guitar in,but yeah,Im too lazy to continue any further with it,maybe later...a "doubtfull" maybe :D
Also,I would have finished much earlier than today BUT I...had forgotton how to play the drums :-[ since I havent touched them in over a year,so it took me last night yesterday to reaquaint myself with playing them for the middle part of this song :-[
Dude,where my Furryness?
424 passed games on N64,PSX,DC,XB,PS2,GC & X360.(Last updated on 29/09/13)

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
Choky, you just made my day. :D

I love, love, LOVE the Inspector Clouseau theme, and having lyrics about Furtopia in this makes me giggle with glee.  Plus, your voice is hot, Choky, so you've got it goin' on.  Nicely done! :)
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Kishi

• *balances ferret plushie on my head*
  • Male
    • Press this to be a stalker.
This...was epic. Couldnt stop smiling and laughing. *gives Choky a cookie*
"But are you going to kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays."
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things... and how does that work? You're a bicycle" Claudio Sanchez, In the song Ten Speed of Gods Blood and Burial, which is basically about a crazy old writer talking to his bicycle.

Offline Shim

• Male
..I am at a loss of words here.  Honest to god, this...wow.  Love your voice!  (Jealous of your range too  :P.  I hate being a baritone-bass!)  THIS IS SO AWESOME  :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Cimarron

• A Little Inappropriate
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity
That was the greatest thing ever.
Dont fursecute me yo!

Offline Saril

• Female
    • FA
I AM IMMORTAL!!

This is amazing. And the whistle solo is made of win.

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
Holy crap! I HAVE BEEN IMMORTALIZED IN SONG! Clearly there is nowhere to go but down from here. :D

I was laughing like a hyena the whole way through. Choky, you just made my damn night.

For that, I bestow upon you an extremely delicious Cabbage of Great Valor for Services to the Furtopian Community! Savor it with gusto.

Edit: Would you be able to upload this to sendspace.com or someplace similar? I have Linux, so I can't download the file via the link you gave. :(
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 11:48:56 pm by Arbutus »

Offline Choky

• Rare species
  • Male
Daaamn,I must have done something right,normally you dont get many replies in the music section...

-Alex: I love the Inspector Clouseau theme too,love it to death,its just so fitting when Peter Sellers is trying to get into that castle and none of his methods are working out(I love Pink Panther,yall are related in colour too) :D Also thanks so much for the compliments :)

-Kishi: Yay! Thankies! *noms on the "legendary cookie of yummyness"!* Oooh,you gave one of the more expensive ones,awesome!

-Shim: Baritones are awesome,dont let anyone tell you differently,damn near EVERYONE hates their own voice in some way or other. Thanks also for your comments,I have encountered a drawback to practicing to sing higher though,now when laughing its no longer the normal old chest voice laugh I used to have,its turned into a higher head voice tone(very near to falsetto even) which sounds very very annoying(at least to me) and it just comes out naturally like that now,I have to concentrait to stop myself from doing it.But keeping in mind I gained around half an octave or more over this time,I think its a worthwhile trade off even though it is annoying when laughing.

-Cimarron: Yay! Glad you like it,I aim to please.

-Saril: Thou art indeed immortal! :D And thanks. But,whistle solos arnt made of win,theyre made of wind.No wind,no whistle sound. Hehehe,pun-alicious! I guess I still have some pun-fever left over from April fools :D

-Arbutus: I can go one better than that! PM me your email if you like and Ill send it straight to you ;) But it would have to be tomorrow caus Im just off to bed now. And Im so glad you liked it! *Puts "Cabbage of Great Valor" in my acheivement cabinet* YAY! Score!

Also...I though it would be appropriate to upload this now :) ---> Clicky
Dude,where my Furryness?

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
You can find my email in my profile. 8) Thank you so much!

Offline Saril

• Female
    • FA
But,whistle solos arnt made of win,theyre made of wind.

Ooh, I should have seen that one coming! Usually it's a breeze to draft up a brisk pun in response, but...ah...OK, I'll stop now.

Offline Choky

• Rare species
  • Male
But,whistle solos arnt made of win,theyre made of wind.

Ooh, I should have seen that one coming! Usually it's a breeze to draft up a brisk pun in response, but...ah...OK, I'll stop now.
Touché! :o THIS is why you rock.

---

Also,I forgot to mention,this was my first experiment of using a Digitech RP-250 to record the guitar via USB into the PC.(Also I used it to direct input the Yamaha DD-55 drumkit into the PC too)

Long story short,I put a cheap GLX delay pedal up on the eBay adverts page a while back,and just recently someone from Barcelona messaged me and said that he´d swap my delay pedal for his RP-250,obviously I said yes,we did it by mail and Im very happy with what I got for such a steal :D I normally dislike multieffects pedals but this one is ok if only to input your stuff via USB :) Patches are nice bonus too.
Dude,where my Furryness?

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
:'(  *sniff* no mentions of me of Weiss? I'm just joking. ;)

An awesome song!

*ahem*! This song has been nominated for a candy award from me and after giving the song careful and close listening I've come to the conclusion that because this song imortalizes these forums in a wonderful song and gives mention to some of our best members here I'm giving Choky a just reward.

Have two 5th Avenue bars for your wonderful singing talents!

Now see if you can re-write the old "Go Go Power Rangers" theme from the first series into something like this. :D I love that song!
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Choky

• Rare species
  • Male
I would have liked to stick Weisseman in there somewhere too,but just one big problem: Do you realise how many different ways I could mispronounce that name? :D I doubt I would have got it even remotely right.

Woohoo *Eats one bar of 5th avenue now,and puts the other in my acheivement cabinet* W00t!

Hmm,the go go power rangers song hardly seems my style of music,hehe :P
Dude,where my Furryness?

Offline Saril

• Female
    • FA
Go Go Tiger Ra-bbits...

Offline LordFenrir

• Artist. Writer. Hack/fraud.
  • Male
This was made of total win...I absolutely LOVE Henry Mancini, but add furry in and it just made it even better (: (:

Offline Shim

• Male
but add furry in and it just made it even better (: (:

Adding a furry ALWAYS makes it better  :D

Offline Battery

• Male
Uber Awesomeness!!!
DeviantArt - FurAffinity - Weasyl - Tumblr - Twitter - Skype: BatteryAcidLeak

Offline Wingedflurry

• Male
I likey :) very catchy, this could get stuck in my head if i'm not careful. This makes me want to start a furry band of some sort....
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 08:53:46 pm by Wingedflurry »

Offline Choky

• Rare species
  • Male
Go Go Tiger Ra-bbits...

But...but...tigerabbits deserve so much more than the power ranger theme! :D

Thanks for all your comments everyone,Im glad yall like it,I havent been able to get on lately since my connection is pretty bad (:

And yes,furry makes everything even better ;)
Dude,where my Furryness?

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
Go Go Tiger Ra-bbits...
:o

How could you say such blasphemies against the Power Rangers!  They're awesome AND colorful! :)
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Choky

• Rare species
  • Male
Go Go Tiger Ra-bbits...
But...but...tigerabbits deserve so much more than the power ranger theme! :D
:o

How could you say such blasphemies against the Power Rangers!  They're awesome AND colorful! :)
Because the show was sucky,hehehe. (In my opinion anyway) :D
Dude,where my Furryness?