Author Topic: new Youtube  (Read 5729 times)

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
new Youtube
« on: November 07, 2013, 02:54:05 am »
well now that i have calmed down about that stuff im going to change this topic from a rant to what you think about the new youtube. so what do you think about the new youtube?

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
Re: new Youtube
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 03:11:25 am »
[deleted]

Offline Scion Tyven

• Male
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 03:21:46 am »
Having never been one to use YouTube as a community, I have to say, I barely even notice the changes.
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail — should we fall — we will know that we have lived." - Steven Erikson

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 12:09:02 am »
Having never been one to use YouTube as a community, I have to say, I barely even notice the changes.

well this new change added a lot of annoying stuff to it... last night i was pretty pissed of about it so i couldn't resist swearing but now i am just disappointed about it because im on youtube a lot and i also comment a lot...

Offline Sergalicious

• Species: northern sergal
  • I need some snuggs pretty bad now...
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 12:34:08 am »
i saw the change but it didn't affect me. i have like2-3 accounts buts thats just because ive had to make them for various accounts for other things. . ( didnt you need to have a google account to have a youtube account anyway?)
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts...
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline Scion Tyven

• Male
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 12:45:44 am »
I linked my two ^_^
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail — should we fall — we will know that we have lived." - Steven Erikson

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 02:04:09 am »
didnt you need to have a google account to have a youtube account anyway?

yes you need a gmail account but this google+ thing is really annoying. the main reason i use google for stuff is for a search engine, email, and for youtube. but if i wanted to use a social thing ill use facebook. but what i hate most about google+ is all the different pages and stuff. what i want to do now that i know there is no changing to google's mind is to link my youtube to my google+ profile but i don't want to create a new page or use my real name for my youtube account 

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 03:44:04 am »
[deleted]

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 10:03:58 am »
I think the developers are trying to make themselves look better by complicating things, needless to say it is very inconvenient and annoying  :P
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 02:56:51 pm »
@GrayWolf448

Lets try to ease off on the bad language content in posts, links, etc., etc. and keep it a little cleaner around here.

In the future, if you're ever unsure of the rules, please read here: http://forums.furtopia.org/administerial-roars-and-woofs/furtopia-forums-main-rules-guidelines-version-3-0/
And if that doesn't help, feel free to ask a Mod or Admin before posting something you're unsure about.

FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 04:53:59 pm »
I don't see what the big deal is. I've seen rants, complaints, and even petitions online now about the change, and I quite frankly just have to laugh at it all.  The same thing happens every time Facebook changes the slightest little thing about their layout. And guess what: people adjust to it! Not like they have much choice, but I think there are two main things behind the 'hate' for the new comment system:

1. People hate change, and hate having to adjust to change.
2. Internet mob mentality

These two combine to where a couple people are like 'OHGODCHANGE! BE AFRAID'. And suddenly everybody else is joining in that, and petitions get made, and it's just a big downward spiral of patheticness.

Needless to say, I don't really see the issue. Prior to this, I had a youtube account and a separate gmail/google+ account. Sure, it created a youtube account based off my existing gmail account, as well as a google+ account based off my youtube account. But it's easy enough to keep them separate. I can even be logged into the actual youtube account that I use, and open up gmail or google+ and be logged in with the actual account for those that I use.

I fail to see how it's forcing you to use google+ though. It generates an account based on your youtube account, yes. But nothing is forcing you to use any features of that google+ account...

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Sergalicious

• Male
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 06:44:20 pm »
I don't see what the big deal is. I've seen rants, complaints, and even petitions online now about the change, and I quite frankly just have to laugh at it all.  The same thing happens every time Facebook changes the slightest little thing about their layout. And guess what: people adjust to it! Not like they have much choice, but I think there are two main things behind the 'hate' for the new comment system:

These two combine to where a couple people are like 'OHGODCHANGE! BE AFRAID'. And suddenly everybody else is joining in that, and petitions get made, and it's just a big downward spiral of patheticness.

Needless to say, I don't really see the issue. Prior to this, I had a youtube account and a separate gmail/google+ account. Sure, it created a youtube account based off my existing gmail account, as well as a google+ account based off my youtube account. But it's easy enough to keep them separate. I can even be logged into the actual youtube account that I use, and open up gmail or google+ and be logged in with the actual account for those that I use.

I fail to see how it's forcing you to use google+ though. It generates an account based on your youtube account, yes. But nothing is forcing you to use any features of that google+ account...

basically i agree
Upon my liar's chair
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 01:26:19 pm »

sorry about that  :-[ again....  don't know links counted 3: well at least i know now  :-[

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 01:38:44 pm »
I don't see what the big deal is. I've seen rants, complaints, and even petitions online now about the change, and I quite frankly just have to laugh at it all.  The same thing happens every time Facebook changes the slightest little thing about their layout. And guess what: people adjust to it! Not like they have much choice, but I think there are two main things behind the 'hate' for the new comment system:

well facebook's changes are these tiny little changes that i can adjust to (even tho i don't use it) but this who google+ thing is really annoying in order to go to your in box you need to go through google+ and there is the problem where google+ is confusing comes in. with all those pages it's really messy. if i could hide my real name from google+ i would use it for my youtube but the fact that you cant hide your real name and you ether link it to your profile and get your real name posted on youtube or create a new page where i cant find anything in and i need to reset all the settings in order to use it.

and google is forcing us to use google+ if we want to comment and do a few other things. and i comment quite a lot on youtube. so pretty much what im against it the linking of youtube and google+

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 03:50:42 pm »

well facebook's changes are these tiny little changes that i can adjust to (even tho i don't use it) but this who google+ thing is really annoying in order to go to your in box you need to go through google+ and there is the problem where google+ is confusing comes in. with all those pages it's really messy. if i could hide my real name from google+ i would use it for my youtube but the fact that you cant hide your real name and you ether link it to your profile and get your real name posted on youtube or create a new page where i cant find anything in and i need to reset all the settings in order to use it.

and google is forcing us to use google+ if we want to comment and do a few other things. and i comment quite a lot on youtube. so pretty much what im against it the linking of youtube and google+

This isn't the behavior I'm seeing at all. I can still post using my youtube account username. I think the confusion may be that the accounts are now linked? I did have to 'sign in' with my usual gmail account. But comments and videos on the channel are all attributed to the youtube account (which doesn't have my real name on it).

Thus, I fail to see how you're being 'forced' to use a google+ or gmail account. It's there, but nothing is making you make use of it. Frankly, I see very little difference in how I'm interacting with youtube now compared to before the change. I post videos through youtube. I comment through youtube. I keep up with my subscriptions through youtube. Never have I been redirected to a google+ page for anything on youtube.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Scion Tyven

• Male
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 05:46:57 pm »
If you want to use something more like the original Youtube,

http://www.youtube.com/feather_beta

It's basically the bare bones youtube, with none of their added stuffs.

Offline Mylo

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 06:14:22 pm »

This is pretty cool actually.  (:

Offline Sergalicious

• Male
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2013, 12:39:50 am »
oh greyyyyyyyyyyyy. guess whaaaaaaat? you can can unlink your youtube account from google + just go to youtube settings and under your profile pic there should be something like " revert user name back to ______ and unlink from google+"
Upon my liar's chair
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2013, 01:01:55 am »

This isn't the behavior I'm seeing at all. I can still post using my youtube account username. I think the confusion may be that the accounts are now linked? I did have to 'sign in' with my usual gmail account. But comments and videos on the channel are all attributed to the youtube account (which doesn't have my real name on it).

Thus, I fail to see how you're being 'forced' to use a google+ or gmail account. It's there, but nothing is making you make use of it. Frankly, I see very little difference in how I'm interacting with youtube now compared to before the change. I post videos through youtube. I comment through youtube. I keep up with my subscriptions through youtube. Never have I been redirected to a google+ page for anything on youtube.

well currently my youtube is not linked to google+ because i hate the new format thus not allowing me to post comments which is one of the main things i do there. and well for before you link to google+ you got every thing you need right there in the drop down menu. and after you have messy drop down menu with a few unneeded things and no inbox. also what i do a lot is comment of vids and then check my inbox to see if some one has replied, and now only pms are displayed there and i don't want to go to another web sight just to see if someone commented. and you are forced to use google+ if you want to comment since currently im locked out of commenting because im not linked.
and then there is the one time where i may be ok with using google+ and thats if i could hide my real name on my google+ profile and link my youtube to that. but google+ will not allow me to hide my real name from it so i don't want to link my youtube with my google+ profile because i would like to be know as GrayWolf448 on youtube and not russell. also the thing is that i want to link it to my profile but to make it not show my name i need to create page and that just adds more things for me to edit change and keep an eye on for new messages. iv got quite a few pics to help show what i mean

youtube asking me to use my real name by linking to my google+ profile

youtube asking me to create a new page if i don't want to use my real name

youtube saying my inbox will no longer show replies on my comments

my google+ profile than will not let me hide my name

old youtube drop down menu

new with google+

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2013, 01:03:10 am »
oh greyyyyyyyyyyyy. guess whaaaaaaat? you can can unlink your youtube account from google + just go to youtube settings and under your profile pic there should be something like " revert user name back to ______ and unlink from google+"

that what i do every time i link to it to try to figure out the new setup. but when you do that you cant comment anymore

Offline Sergalicious

• Male
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2013, 01:05:31 am »
i have literally seen only the new drop-down, nothing else really. all i know is i hit it and it went back to the norm. id contact support ( you already did didnt you?)
Upon my liar's chair
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2013, 01:24:14 am »
i have literally seen only the new drop-down, nothing else really. all i know is i hit it and it went back to the norm. id contact support ( you already did didnt you?)

i did contact them about if i can link my youtube to my google+ profile but not use my real name and they just said things like "you can create an new page" even tho i said i don't want any pages. there answer just completely avoided my question an i haven't asked since then. but i have been staying with the old youtube system for the easiness of it but due to that i cant comment.

Offline Sergalicious

• Male
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2013, 01:25:58 am »

well you could try what scion thought.
Upon my liar's chair
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2013, 01:42:03 am »

well you could try what scion thought.

well then that brings back the problem i had since the beginning, no commenting

Offline Sergalicious

• Male
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 01:48:41 am »
well im not sure what to do then. maybe just wait it out and due to complaints they may remove it. like how Microsoft changed their XBOX ONE plan due to complaints.
Upon my liar's chair
You are someone else
I am still right here