community group sub-forums > tech talk

Windows or Linux?

(1/4) > >>

WhiteShepherd:
Something funny I read I though the techs would get a grin out of (too true! ):

TANK Ex Mortis: I HATE WINDOWS!!!11one
AkiraBlast45387: ha
AkiraBlast45387: y?
TANK Ex Mortis: "Cannot delete file: It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again."
TANK Ex Mortis: WHAT FILE, YOU CRAZY OPERATING SYSTEM!?
TANK Ex Mortis: If I was on Linux, it'd be like "There was an error, program X doesn't want you to delete that file. Here's a helpful link to teach you how to get around that. Would you like some tea?"
TANK Ex Mortis: Of course, when I want to install something on Linux, it says "You can't install that until you install these 50 libraries, update these 3 drives, downgrade this 1 driver, and pick my mom up from the airport."
TANK Ex Mortis: Whereas with Windows, it says "Click the next button over and over again until the program is installed. It will then work perfectly unless it doesn't."

Darius Greywind:
Heh, yeah, sounds about right. 'Dependency hell' is why I love Fedora Core and the RPM package manager. It handles all those nasty libraries you need when you update. We just need to slap around all those irritating Debian users who keep their non-standard package format alive.  

CarLOS:
<Arnold accent>
Our superior dpkg and apt-get shall terminate your RPM
</Arnold accent>

Have you tried Arch's "Packman" manager? Superior to everything

Shabbernigdo:
lol

Nocte:
PACKAGE MANAGER FIGHT! *grabs a Gentoo inflatable bat*

I've also shouted "what file!? what program!? you *&!@ legacy POS!" at the screen several times at work, very recognizable.

By the way, if you want to see a nice, experimental packaging/install system, check out Zero Install (preferably combined with the Rox filer and D-bus for maximum effect).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version