Author Topic: Close friends... kinda [IC]  (Read 6330 times)

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Re: Close friends... kinda [IC]
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2014, 01:03:05 am »
"You'd better hope so..." Devynn said jokingly, jogging to the water. "No, for the most part, it's a myth." That said, she dove into the water before the "most part" could be questioned.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2014, 01:21:51 am »
she followed curiously, swimming behind Devyn keeping a relatively rapid pace to keep up with her. The water was pretty cold and it stung a little."I'm not made for this"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2014, 04:34:06 pm »
Devynn dove straight down, smoothly cutting through the water. She disappeared for a moment and worked her way around Jax, then grabbed the girl's ankle, joking with her.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2014, 10:44:12 pm »
She did her best to offer a chuckle and a smile. Truth is she was freezing. After they got to the beach she tried to play it cool and act tough...plain enough to see, probably would have worked...if she could have got her teeth to stop chattering.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2014, 11:20:24 pm »
"Hey, you um... You don't look so good..." Devynn said. "We should get you to my home... And you should probably take off those soaked clothes before we have major problems..."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2014, 08:21:31 am »
"i'm n-not that bad...j-just c-cold" she got up and followed Dev hugging her arms around herself and clenching her jaw to stop the shivering.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2014, 09:11:55 am »
"Okay..." Devynn muttered, starting towards the village again. She didnt sound convinced though. "Let's uh... At least go to my home though..."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2014, 09:52:42 am »
She started to speak but stopped when her teeth started chattering after she opened her jaw, instead she smiled and nodded following DEV

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2014, 02:04:31 pm »
Carlos was still waiting in his car as Jenna rummaged about her apartment. "Huh...hope she comes out soon...hate burning all the gas like this..."

Helena sighed as she sat the mug down in front of Terrance "Just seems like people lack any work ethic these days...Eh, at least it's hourly pay so you get what you work I suppose."

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2014, 06:08:51 pm »
She started to speak but stopped when her teeth started chattering after she opened her jaw, instead she smiled and nodded following DEV

They made their way through a small town, going towards one of the nicer homes; it wasn't a mansion, but it was nice enough. The tribesmen, seeing that Jac was with Devynn, generally ignored her, but not before looking her over real well; in some cases twice. Devynn opened the house and gestured for Jax to enter.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2014, 06:28:37 pm »
She glared at the guys who were checking her out and followed Dev inside, the sudden warmth sent a shiver up her spine "ahhh...that's a bit better, can I borrow a towel so I can finish drying off?"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2014, 07:55:29 pm »
"Yeah..." Devynn said, disappearing into a hallway, then reemerging with a towel. "No problem... Um... Make yourself comfortable i guess..."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2014, 08:09:48 pm »
Jax grabbed the towel and began to dry herself off, she didn't really have to remove her clothes...since she was only wearing a two piece anyway "I bet being cold blooded comes in handy living out here"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2014, 09:09:16 pm »
"Aye..." Devynn said, walking into the kitchen and starting a pot of water on the stove. "It has its benefits... Has its downsides too, though..."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2014, 09:40:00 pm »
she finished drying off and looked at Dev quizzically "downsides? like what?"