Author Topic: Bad Furry habits  (Read 78509 times)

Offline Mylo

Re: Bad Furry habits
« Reply #325 on: November 15, 2011, 07:02:11 pm »
I walk on all fours when i go up my staircase, i tried doing that while going down once and i fell down the staircase. i didnt even break anything. but it makes me wonder how my dog does it without falling, well he is small lol

Low center of mass and the fact that he/she has been doing it his/her entire life.

Offline dragonfire

• Narhethi The Dragon
  • Male
« Reply #326 on: November 15, 2011, 07:33:33 pm »
I walk on all fours when i go up my staircase, i tried doing that while going down once and i fell down the staircase. i didnt even break anything. but it makes me wonder how my dog does it without falling, well he is small lol

Low center of mass and the fact that he/she has been doing it his/her entire life.
lol yeah. when he smells food nothing will stop him.
Knowledge source for all dragons.

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #327 on: November 16, 2011, 01:47:20 pm »
That's pretty much every dog though. You don't want to get between my lab mix puppy Dolly and something she wants to eat. Our other dogs have learned the hard way.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Gavin Leucrota

• Male
« Reply #328 on: November 16, 2011, 05:10:09 pm »
I wouldn't say they're necessarily bad:D

Sometimes when I'm alone, I drop down to all fours. Especially with the stair thing; since human legs are so much longer than a quadruped's, the incline helps even things out. I roar when I want to be left alone, so when people hear it they don't come and bug me. I have conversations with my cat in her language, too. She never gets annoyed, either, which is astounding with how much I do that. :D I stretch like how a dog does - leaning back so their butt's in the air and their chest's on the ground - though I use walls instead of the floor. I also enjoy prowling and surprising close friends.

Offline DreamerHusky

« Reply #329 on: November 17, 2011, 04:10:41 pm »
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:00:06 pm by DreamerHusky »

Offline AeglAxolotty

• Carrot cake is better!
« Reply #330 on: December 11, 2011, 02:25:02 pm »
I used to do the stair-thing as well, sometimes taking two steps at a time.  :D

I also have a bad habit of sitting on floors, sitting cross-legged or with my knees drawn up to my chest in chairs, and hissing when I'm startled by other critters.
We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals...gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.

--Henry Beston

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #331 on: December 11, 2011, 04:42:47 pm »
really use my mouth to hold things... no one believes that it comes naturally to me...
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #332 on: December 11, 2011, 04:55:10 pm »
The stair thing is different for me, I usually take GIGANTIC leaps up the stairs and skip a couple of steps to reach the bottom. But when I don't understand something, I tilt my head and not say a word. I growl sometimes, once at a teacher! And I just love having my back scratched. They aren't bad habbits I guess.
Come find me! More to come!

Offline Reihn

• Harbinger of darkness and rain
  • Male
« Reply #333 on: January 27, 2012, 12:47:11 pm »
Is it considered a bad habit that I smile when in contact with animals such as petting my cat?
There's nowhere to run and hide when you're living to die.

Offline victorwolf

• Male
« Reply #334 on: January 27, 2012, 01:07:51 pm »
don't think it's bad but every time after a shower i shake off then after a good shaking i use the towel 
a rose by any other name smells just as sweet

Offline TheFerretSeph

• Ferret/White Tiger
« Reply #335 on: January 27, 2012, 08:24:12 pm »
Not sure if they're 'Bad' habits, but they're habits all the same.

I walk on my toes, purr when I'm pet, growl when I'm upset, and walk with my arms folded close to my chest. If you've ever seen a Pangolin walking, they hold they're arms/forelegs kind of like I do.

Offline Kirsan

• YAY! I don't feel so different here!
  • Male
« Reply #336 on: January 29, 2012, 11:45:38 pm »
Mine?  Mine would probably be my tendency to smell a lot of things, and I also sneak up behind my peers, it tends to surprise them (I walk more on my toes). I also have a tendency to wear fur hats all the time (I come from a very cold climate, but I tend to wear it in the summer, when it gets to around 30 degrees Celsius). I also scratch behind my ear, and I get very edgy when someone's hand goes near the front of my body (i.e. chest, abdomen, &c.).

Other things, not necessarily bad, I like my back/head scratched, I skip stairs/climb on all fours almost all the time, and tilt my head when I don't know the answer to a question. I also sit cross-legged. I recognize people by the way they smell, I have a great sense of smell. I also have terrible social anxiety.

After reading the stuff on this thread a lot of stuff I do could be considered furry stuff!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 12:30:48 am by Kirsan »
I am who I am, and I wouldn't change it for the world!

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
« Reply #337 on: January 30, 2012, 08:49:46 pm »
I have a tendency to bark, growl, eat dog biscuits and chew on bones :D

Offline victorwolf

• Male
« Reply #338 on: March 14, 2012, 11:23:33 am »
i just discovered yesterday that i growl at people when they try and wake me up. i don't know when this started i guess that i've always done it.
a rose by any other name smells just as sweet

Offline Flyntz

« Reply #339 on: March 14, 2012, 05:42:50 pm »
I have a problem with my Fursona...I wake up in the middle of the night...EVERYDAY!  :'(

Offline Wanderer

• Keep your eyes on the horizon
  • Male
« Reply #340 on: March 14, 2012, 06:17:22 pm »
I tend to run digitgrade and chew things. I also growl at people if they are upsetting me. I also can smell and hear things others cant. I also have good navigation skills like i always know where i am going even though i have never been there. I can also understand animals and how they feel. I also grow my nails out (but not to long) and i dont like to cut them.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 05:29:12 pm by Wanderer »
"Journey for you may never know where the road takes you."-Wanderer

"Tis not the destination that matters, but tis the journey that makes us"- Wanderer

"Destined to travel the roads of time, the Wanderer walks the path with prejudice, ready for the masters of death that lie before him."- Jet

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #341 on: March 17, 2012, 08:51:11 pm »
I walk on my toes, so people don't hear me often, as i also walk very lightly. I snap a people who get to close to my face [no few bitten fingers from that!] Also, when people touch my back without me knowing, I freak on them a lot... like whirling around and almost kicking them
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #342 on: March 17, 2012, 11:09:07 pm »
I tend to walk digitgrade when I'm trying to sneak silently. I chew on most anything that is within mouth proximity. I also hold things in my mouth that I could just as easily set on the desk or ground. I seem to have a connection emotionally to most animals I've met. I can easily tell how they feel and they can feel my emotions, too. Also, I don't know if this is a furry habit, but I know some animals can do it, but I can "sense" people. They give off a sort of aura that when they enter the room, even if I can't see, hear, or smell them, I can feel their presence in the area. It's sometimes really weird, because on some occasions I not only knew someone was behind me, but I could tell exactly who it was.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline typingwithpaws

• Species: fox
  • Male
« Reply #343 on: March 20, 2012, 07:01:16 am »
I tend to walk digitgrade when I'm trying to sneak silently. I chew on most anything that is within mouth proximity. I also hold things in my mouth that I could just as easily set on the desk or ground. I seem to have a connection emotionally to most animals I've met. I can easily tell how they feel and they can feel my emotions, too. Also, I don't know if this is a furry habit, but I know some animals can do it, but I can "sense" people. They give off a sort of aura that when they enter the room, even if I can't see, hear, or smell them, I can feel their presence in the area. It's sometimes really weird, because on some occasions I not only knew someone was behind me, but I could tell exactly who it was.

likewise to most of that myself :)
but as for people being behind me.....i get some looks at work when the following happens, *le welding away* boss stands behind me, i see him in reflection of my helmet. then say if a long drawn out way "Yes?"
the looks on other peoples faces at the bosses failed sneak attack are priceless.  :D
"Nothing will ever surpass the beauty and elegance of a bad idea"

Offline Akita

• Life is one big playground enjoy it !
  • Male
« Reply #344 on: April 20, 2012, 12:43:34 pm »
i bought a toy for my husky.... ended up chewing it. so i had to buy him another one because we always fought over "mine"
Also have a huge tendency to growl at someone annoying me. it's pretty guttural as well
Life will get you down at some point but there is always someone to lend you a paw.

Offline Akita

• Life is one big playground enjoy it !
  • Male
« Reply #345 on: April 20, 2012, 12:45:26 pm »
<font color='#EEEEEE'>got another one. . . . i guess i turn to rubber when people scratch my head =P yeah thts nice =P.</font>
can't help but whimper when that happens to me :)
Life will get you down at some point but there is always someone to lend you a paw.

Offline Chaosfurry

• Male
« Reply #346 on: April 22, 2012, 11:31:07 pm »
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 03:12:57 pm by Chaosfurry »

Offline typingwithpaws

• Species: fox
  • Male
« Reply #347 on: April 24, 2012, 09:21:47 am »
got busted walking Digitigrade today at TAFE (adult education for apprenciships)

ridicule resulted but cover held intact  ;)
"Nothing will ever surpass the beauty and elegance of a bad idea"

Offline AeglAxolotty

• Carrot cake is better!
« Reply #348 on: May 01, 2012, 01:31:57 pm »
Oh, thought of another one. Hand-licking. Like if my hands itch or I think I may have gotten something irritating on them, I lick to get rid of the sensation or encourage blood flow.
We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals...gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.

--Henry Beston

Offline Nabru Wolfpup

• Male
« Reply #349 on: May 02, 2012, 08:43:59 pm »
Sometimes i stick my tongue out like a playful pup :P