Author Topic: Myer Briggs Personality types?  (Read 9146 times)

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
Myer Briggs Personality types?
« on: January 21, 2010, 06:28:11 pm »
Has anyone ever taken Myer Briggs personality type Quiz?

someone got me to take it not long ago and i found the profile description for my type to be fairly accurate.  I had a few friends take it and they went from being very skeptical to rather shocked very fast.    :D

So i was wondering if there was a more common personality type among us...  so yeah.  If you're interested,   Link is below.  :P

Test

And you can look at the profile for your type by clicking here.

I came up ISTP

Was anyone else's fairly accurate?

EDIT:  Poll was made here by Avan
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 04:37:51 pm by Alsek »

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
Re: Myer Briggs Personality types?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 06:38:00 pm »
Has anyone ever taken Myer Briggs personality type Quiz?

*raises paw* Me! Me! The answer is me. ;)

I'm an INTJ, and the profile I just linked to is an eerily accurate summary of me. Probably because my results were so strongly skewed toward that personality type. I came up as like 90% Introverted and 100% Thinking when I last took the quiz.

Offline Zhono Veranhaut

• Species: Chocobo
  • Some things never change it seems.
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 07:09:53 pm »
It says that I have an "INFP" personality.

The test is pretty accurate, though I thought I was a bit more feeling than that...

Offline Alsek

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 07:28:15 pm »
Hehe...  NFs are actualy tend to be more on the feeling side than most.   ^..^

and Arbutus,  that's awesome.  :P  I keep meeting INTJs all over the place.  x3  which is odd because they're supposed to be really rare. 

Offline Kaloth

• Something goes here
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 08:35:39 pm »
INFJ I think the one I took for school (a watered down version though) was a little more accurate. For that one I got Thinker, which seems to fit my personality better than this. While I have strong emotions and empathies I have a difficult time with them. Actually after reading it again... it seems that this is fairly accurate.

Offline Alsek

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 08:41:48 pm »
Hmm...  I actually guessed you'd be a thinker.   (:

but, that's probably based somewhat off of 90% of your RP characters...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:44:57 pm by Alsek »

Offline Kaloth

• Something goes here
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 08:45:18 pm »
Yup... though I do find it odd that I agree whole heartedly with one of the definitions of this set (everything id very accurate) The one that calls it a counselor, but the one that calls it a protector (the one you linked) seems... off in some places. For example, I am way too introverted to be a leader... and too much at war with myself to make a decision, my intuition and feelings take me in different directions constantly, and both are usually right.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 10:02:36 pm »
No offense, but this topic has been done to death at least 2-3 times before on the forums. If you go through the General Non-furry Discussion forum or the Polling forum, you might see past threads on the same subject. But if the last posts in those threads are 6 months ago or older, then don't gravedig those threads, please. ;)

Offline Kaloth

• Something goes here
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 10:38:26 pm »
I looked briefly before posting here, and I didn't see one within the six month limit. It could be that I overlooked one somehow, but I didn't see any.

Offline Alsek

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 12:14:44 am »
That's really odd.  I don't remember it ever coming up.  May have just not been interested at the time and missed or or something though.  Six months is a bit of time.  (:

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 01:24:22 am »
I don't recall this this topic being posted before, if it was it was quite some time ago...
I'm INTP, by the way.

Offline Ickyrus

• Fiddle dee dee.
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 03:27:45 am »
I got ENTP, and I have to say the profile is pretty accurate =^.^=

89% Extraverted, 89% Intuition, 79% Thinking and 95% Percieving from a test on www.mypersonallity.info

From what I saw in the polling booth post about these personallity tests, aside from myself furs are generally very introverted =>.>=
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:39:49 am by Saloonka »

Offline Alsek

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 09:48:30 am »

From what I saw in the polling booth post about these personallity tests, aside from myself furs are generally very introverted =>.>=

Actually, most people i've known tend to be.  It's funny,  always thought it would be the other way around.  >.>

Offline furtopia02

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 11:24:37 am »
I've taken this test many times for various reasons both related to military and otherwise. I'm an INTJ (Mastermind) personality.

EDIT AGES LATER: Got talked in to taking this test again (only a condensed version around 80 questions or so). It had been years since I had taken it and I had changed a lot since then and am a very different person since the middle of my military service and just before that. Looks like it shows too. I now am coming up as ENFJ. I guess my heart isn't as cold as it used to be.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 08:53:41 pm by Brent »

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 01:12:42 pm »
Yeah, it's been a while since we've had one of these threads.  I like thinking about these personality types.  :)

Me?  I took it again, and I'm ENTJ, the field marshal.  I'm not sure how I feel about that description, though; it feels like it's trying to portray me as some sort of military dude.  While I might agree with parts of it (especially for the intolerance of slackers at work), I sorta want to see it in other terms.

Anyway, yeah.  Ten hup!

(link for me, another profile I haven't read that I need to just to see what it says): http://typelogic.com/entj.html

EDIT:  Actually, I'm taking a look, and ENTP seems to be closer (I only scored 1 on the J part of the test anyway, so I was very borderline).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 01:16:58 pm by Alexandre »
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Drake Blackpaw

• Male
    • http://www.drakebp.furtopia.org/
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 01:14:45 pm »
I've been through the myers-briggs a couple of times and I'm an INTP.  The description of an INTP fits me well.  Someone who takes ideas, tears them apart and then puts them back together in a way that improves them. 

Offline Woodsmoke

• Male
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 05:41:13 pm »
I didn't find mine very accurate.

ISTPs are optimistic, full of good cheer, loyal to their equals, uncomplicated in their desires, generous, trusting and receptive people who want no part in confining commitments.

Not true. Not bloody true. I suppose some parts are, but that, as a summary, isn't like me. But whenever I do these long winded tests, my brain always turns to porridge with a bit less protein, so maybe my answers weren't entirely accurate to start with.

Offline Alsek

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 05:55:04 pm »
I didn't find mine very accurate.

ISTPs are optimistic, full of good cheer, loyal to their equals, uncomplicated in their desires, generous, trusting and receptive people who want no part in confining commitments.

Not true. Not bloody true. I suppose some parts are, but that, as a summary, isn't like me. But whenever I do these long winded tests, my brain always turns to porridge with a bit less protein, so maybe my answers weren't entirely accurate to start with.

Oh,  that is one noted difference with ISTPs btw.   >.>

That part is actually wrong.  I'm ISTP,  I'm often paranoid,  i'm never optimistic... 

i tend to look at it this way:

If it's important enough that i should be looking at it from a standpoint of, "what's good in this situation?" or, "what's bad in this situation?" I feel the need to say, "The glass contains 50% water and 50% air, both of which are vital to human survival anyways... now what actually needs to be done?"

that seem fairly spot on?

Offline Tsumetaiyuki

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 07:52:40 pm »
Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted 78 Sensing 1 Thinking 100 Judging 56
Strength of the preferences % 
Cold Heartless Cruel Nazi.

For all the grammar/spellin Nazis
Yur just mad cuz u kant speel as gud as mee

Offline rabbit_miko

• Female
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 01:05:00 am »
(holy crap it's been a long time since I've posted on this forum)

I got INFP
Some parts fit me amazingly, other parts are way off. :/
<--click to feed

Offline Anthro_Inquisitor

• What is feared is not what is evil.
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 01:20:02 am »
This test isn't that accurate in terms: being that its pretty easy to guess how to change it >_>.

I can't remember the name, but there is another version of these tests: Sten or something like that, 900+ questions or so. I took that test with a psychiatrist and learned that I'm a pretty odd fellow. The test had dots in its scoring: 4-6 was what 80% of the population was, and working like a bel curve the closer you got to 1 or 10 on a bracket was the stronger you were to that side + the rarer it was to be that close to it.

From those numbers people could learn other things, for example one can judge your delinquency level, artistic (as in ability to draw things that would interest people) and otherwise. Its all pretty mathematical and complex, however it was (usually) very spot on with the class we took it in. (We didn't test delinquency, and the teacher wasn't allowed to see our results because he could test it. Testing delinquency is only allows with a court order)

Anyways, When I took it I started getting odd looks because I only had 2 numbers out of 10 or so that were between 3-8: and I had 3 1s and about 4 9-10s, of which only about .2% of the population gets 1 or 10 in a receptive bracket usually.

I didn't know whether to feel proud to be strange, or just to feel like that wierd kid that never fit in  x_x

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 12:43:52 pm »
I've taken an official version of the MB test once. And I've taken several ones like this online. I'm actually impressed at how well the condensed online tests do. On the official one, I was an INTJ. And I have yet to take a simplified version that fails to agree with that.  Yes, the questions are a little easier to read, as far as what each answer is leaning to, but if you still answer honestly the result seems to be accurate enough.

If I were to classify myself based on the descriptions though, I'd have to list myself as I(S/N)TJ. There's no question about the I,T, and J aspects. But every time, my intuitive score just barely out does my sensing score. And I agree with about half of the traits associated with intuition, and about half the traits associated with sensing.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline DeltaFur

• Philosopher/Scientist in the making
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 11:14:23 pm »
ITSP here!
~Delta~

Pet's name: Pepper

My Furry Code: (PM me if I got it wrong somehow) FFD2amw A>+ C-> H++ M+ R+ T++ W>+ Z?> Sm RLU>MH a19 cl++ d+ e->++++ f+ h*>++ i+ j+ p*> sm>m+

Offline Sskessa

• magically delicious
    • 14 Nights -- A webcomic
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 12:17:48 pm »
I don't actually believe it predicts anything about me, but I got:

ENFJ

A lot of the questions impossible to answer, at least for me, because they're so unclear. Like "You trust reason rather than feelings." What does that mean, exactly? For me those two things go hand-in-hand. Or "You value justice higher than mercy." Is it the theoretical idea of justice, or the actual act of putting someone in jail? Or what about, "You easily empathize with the concerns of other people"? How can a person know whether they empathize well? I know I try, but only the other person knows if I'm doing a good job.

I usually get INFJ, but I know more people this year, so that's probably why it changed.
Someone Else's Problem: My adventures in China

I have never had a deep interest in revenge. Revenge is the concern of those who are at some point or other beaten.
-- The Tale of the Body Thief

Offline Alsek

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 04:36:16 pm »
A lot of the questions impossible to answer, at least for me, because they're so unclear. Like "You trust reason rather than feelings." What does that mean, exactly?

The very fact that you're pulling the question apart kind of points towards you not relying on your feeling / intuition...  ^.^

Yet,   i don't /think/  that,  that's the more common thing for NFs...   *shrugs*

Edit:  Also,  I'm amazed by the number of INTJs in the fandom.  INTJ is like the second most rare personality type there is...  i think it's like 1-2% of the population.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 04:39:05 pm by Alsek »