Author Topic: Similarities between you in real life, and your fursona  (Read 4146 times)

Offline Ol Rab

• Species: Honey Badger
  • Male
Similarities between you in real life, and your fursona
« on: October 31, 2010, 11:56:15 am »

I'm sure lots of people, though they would seem like the last person to be a furry, acually is one.
 but what about obvious similarities?

I keep a hoard in mah closet, a big bag full of shiny stuff Iv'e collected since I was 4.

Oddly enough I am the kind of guy you would expect to be a furry. A nickname for me at high school is Duder-reptile, yet nobody knows I'm a scalie.

I love meat, absolutely love it, and I love to sleep in.

Anybody else?

Offline TashkentFox

• Weird British Vulpine
  • Male
Re: Similarities between you in real life, and your fursona
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 12:56:52 pm »
I suppose I have a few Vulpine traits, I cache my stuff all around the house, I absolutely love chicken and rabbit, I'm practically nocturnal and I'm a loner.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 02:10:30 pm »
Species wise and personality wise are two entirely separate things for me.

Species wise, I'm a cat so I always find myself walking on, or jumping up to the highest places possible. I love sleeping against things, like the wall...

Personality wise, Junyad is sort of a part of me. He and I have different personalities. Before he became his own person though, he was me. I developed him in a roleplay, originally playing me. As time went on though, he started to act on his own, and make his own decisions, doing some things that I wouldn't necessarily.

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 07:02:05 pm »
Since I use to species I'll go with each

Wolf: I am a very loyal family fur. My wife and are the Alphas of our pack, so I am wolf here me howl.

Tiger: You wouldn't believe how short my fuse is, and when it gets set off I can get violent, really, really violent.
Spit and bailing wire hold my mind together.
Translation: I need a hug

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 01:03:22 am »
My behavior is so skunk like, it's a bit scary.
"Who am I to say where my possibly non-existent soul has or has not been."

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 01:05:08 am »
My behavior is so skunk like, it's a bit scary.

I have to ask..What sort of behavior IS skunklike?

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 01:33:42 am »
Well, there is the loaner thing. Poor eye sight, hearing. When I had a fuller head of hair, would get a natural blond streak down the middle in the summer.

I'm a scavenger, will make due with whatever is available. Constant wanderer. Not fast, but I am persistent. Prefer to avoid trouble, but will cause a stink if confronted. My own arrogance will probably be my undoing. Skunks will turn and spray cars, instead of getting out of the way, how dare that big predator attack, the spray solves everything (not really, things usually end up bad).
"Who am I to say where my possibly non-existent soul has or has not been."

Offline Apollo the Incinermyn

• Time betrays us all in ways unimaginable...
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 10:34:23 am »
Reclusive, shy, but considerate of others, and to an extent spartan/conservative in my way of thinking...  Well, I got the monk part of my fursona down, but I'm not sure how much I am of an ermine (but then, I do have a weird craving for rabbit meat every once in a while...mmm...that's kind of creepy, especially since I only ate rabbit once in my entire life...).

Offline Snowy

• Will Dance For Hugs
  • Male
    • Savannah Prides
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 10:39:16 am »
well I prefer to be alone then spend time with others, I love snow and I don't userly feel the cold
if you think i am crazy raise your paw........ aha who's crazy now I'm not raising my paw to a computer!! =^_^=

Crisp white letters, a generous amount of consonants, a sprinkling of vowels and perfectly placed spaces. This isn't just a post, this is an M&S post.

Offline LordFenrir

• Artist. Writer. Hack/fraud.
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 04:32:05 pm »
Oh my?  Similarities between myself and Fenrir?  Thankfully, they are very few and far between.  The only things I share in common with him is my almost unbridled arrogance and a decently brilliant tactical mind (in real-life, I refer to playing strategy games (: ).

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 06:11:03 pm »
My physical build and hair color are the same as my fursona's. Also, the psych traits, height, and similar basic model parts are equal.
Personality-wise, and history-wise, it's pretty much the same thing :3 But with less limitations.
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.

Offline Lynk

• Male
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 10:42:57 pm »
I haven't taken the time to come up with a full fursona or anything, but if I did, personality-wise it would be exactly like me.

Offline BlueWolfNariko

• I'm so mad I could just... *BOOM*
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 04:30:20 pm »

Well, the similarities between me and Nariko are quiet obvious:
- I wear blue all the time, Nariko is blue
- I have a purple scarf, she has a purple scarf
- i wear an over-sized ring on a chain.. She does too lol
- I love meat, she loves meat

haha  :goldthpt:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 04:53:03 pm by BlueWolfNariko »

R.I.P Santa:
2001-2010

Live, love, laugh, for life is beautiful

~*~Nariko~*~

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 04:35:53 pm »
:O
Your scarf disappered! (from your avatar)
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline BlueWolfNariko

• I'm so mad I could just... *BOOM*
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 04:52:18 pm »
:O
Your scarf disappered! (from your avatar)

that's cause this avatar's wearing a ring thats too big for her XD I wear that too *modifies my post* 8D

R.I.P Santa:
2001-2010

Live, love, laugh, for life is beautiful

~*~Nariko~*~

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 12:15:42 am »
  In my first full time job, one of my additional tasks was pest control. I caught a lot of small animals--rodents mostly--and the company paid for my training and licensing. I also can coax some animals to come out into the open or out of their holes. My sister was a bit surprised when I did my thing in her yard one night and a couple rabbits came up to the fence. She told me to stop it. I have also caught a few bunny kits with my hands, and released them unharmed.
  When encountering coyotes, they will stop and stare when I get their attention. I grow tomatoes from seed as a hobby and yotes like those too. I also had a close encounter with a coyote who may have been watching me catch and release creek chubs. Probably wanted to mooch one for his lunch thinking them to be trout.
   My fursona is mascot for a model rocketry program that I help to run each year for a week on a military base. He gets into military formation with the grownups in the morning for Reville. It's a morale booster for many of them to see him turn out. He presents a certain award to the student who commits the biggest foul-up of the day and he helps chaperone at the graduation party at week's end.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline BloodRedDefender

• Henshin: Wasp/Panther/Viper/Swan/Butterfly/Gazelle
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 09:27:05 pm »
Like my fursona, I an a homosexual Japanese American teenager with Aspergers. I love anything that sparkles and/or shines especially armor. I hate the taste of all plant products. I meow when happy, whimper when sad, and hiss when angry. I love to sink my nails and teeth into stuff. I am very annoying, or so I have been told. I like fire.

Offline Mylo

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 01:41:10 am »
Well, I really haven't given much thought to my fursona. I guess he would be basically me, except white  and canid...
I don't see specific animals as having set personaliies; I just like the aesthetic qualities of the canids...

Offline Emerald Blade

• Guys, chill out, I got this" *KABOOM* "Nevermind
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 03:30:00 am »
hmmm well I've never actually had oysters although i like just about anything that comes out of the water
I also like swimming and have a tendency to hoard a bit.
FYI I'm on Steam, wanna talk? msg me at Emerald Blade
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/UNCE-UNCE-UNCE.png

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 09:21:31 am »
Hmm... well he's not very much like me at all. He's an excellent marksman, I've never fired a handgun in my life (not because I'm against them mind you.) He's calm and cool, I'm kinda hyper and awkward in social situations.

Nah, I'm not much like him at all.  :D
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline MWBrantley

• This's the kind of thing that no-one ever believes
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 10:27:12 am »
In real life, I have neither tentacles nor a broomhandle mauser (though I did own one once, back when I was younger). I do tend to be rather ruthless and chillingly pragmatic when I get very angry; luckily, I have a much more even temperament than Brantley, and am not likely to have murderous outbursts. He is me, or rather was me at a time in my life when I was in pretty much a full-time rage over my health, the world in general, and the way people kept treating me. Thus, I once described him as  "Me with a bad case of road rage." In eszsence, he was a literary/RP 'safety valve.'

In actual real life, however, my old 'werecoyote' chat persona is much more me than any other. Stealthy (or at least I make an effort at it); Cunning, but with an impulsive and nearly relentlessly playful streak that tends to make people think that I'm somewhat stupid at times; I'll fly off the handle a lot faster than most people (Old NA coyote lore, 'First To Make War,' in the Navajo belief system); My sense of humor is extremely wry (dry and often bleak and somewhat dark) and often holds an edge of sarcasm. I frequently chuckle or laugh out loud at things that others fail to see any humor in, and I usually don't care if people think I'm nutzoid because of it. Usually it's the pathos behind or interwoven with a situation rather than the actual event, person, or object, but...  ;) .
Plan? What plan? I'm making this up as I go...

Offline Skift

• Would you, could you, with a fox?
  • Female
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 10:58:01 am »
Tiger: You wouldn't believe how short my fuse is, and when it gets set off I can get violent, really, really violent.
I don't think that's a good trait to have....plus tigers are normally pretty relaxed unless cornered.

As for me, I just pick animals I like, not any I have an especially close connection with.
I mean, if I were like any animal, I'd be close to a ferret.

Alessa & Skift <3

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 11:22:27 am »
When I chose the Okapi as my fursona, it was not by acident or by random selection. I looked at and studied their traits and found a lot myself in them. Mostly their stealthyness. I was a 12 year veteran in the U S Army as a Cavalry Scout.

Back when I was active, before the 9/11 event, it was the Scout's job to be exactly that. A Scout. A shadow on the battlefield that the enemy knew was around, but never knew where exactly. It was our job to sneak through enemy occupied lines, find weakpoints in their defense, call it up to higher commands so the main force can exploit those weaknesses and win the battle. At most we'd operate up to two weeks behind enemy lines, with only ourselves for support. If we were ever found or caught, we died. A Scout that was compromised, had approx 14 seconds of survival time left. I was never caught.

Infact, I feared our own main body more then I did the enemy. The Abrahm Tankers were much like Cornivores. Shoot first then see what you killed or when in doubt, shoot a Scout.

Put me in a woodline, and you'll never find me. But I'll see you and will be watching your every move. Thats the Okapi, that's me!

Offline BloodRedDefender

• Henshin: Wasp/Panther/Viper/Swan/Butterfly/Gazelle
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 12:16:29 pm »
I also chose my fursona because of qualities I have. Like both a cat and a snake, I value stealth over strength, I am easily angered, and I would eat nothing but meat if I could. I'm also like a cat because I'm very lazy and I hate getting wet. I'm also like a snake because I hate getting cold.

I sometimes think of people as certain animals based on what they're like. I see my mom as a weasel and my dad as a gorilla.

Offline Gigi

• Little Pink Goat
  • Female
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2011, 08:54:27 am »
Well, appearance-wise, Gigi has my hair, sometimes my glasses (she definitely has my poor eyesight), and her anthro version (she is mostly quad) has my height/weight/body type/ect. She's pink because that happens to be my favorite color, though her color scheme has a deeper meaning than just my favorite colors (because I don't actually like blue much).

The reason Gigi is a goat is not only because I find goats adorable (though that is why she's a pygmy), but I share a lot of traits with goats. We're both curious, intelligent, and hard-headed (in the stubborn way and the determined way). We like to have other people for company, but we are perfectly fine going off alone sometimes. No matter how far out we go we are still domesticated and have ties to friends and family.

Also, we will eat literally anything, though I do prefer vegetables over meat. I am currently living abroad in South Korea, and I made a promise to myself before I left that I would not turn down any food given to me. This has proven to be a gift and a curse. I've had good things like live octopus, aloe vera juice, and raw meat, but then I've had the not so good things like silkworm larva, onion juice, and raw fish innards.

While I was born in the year of the Dog, my personality matches that of the Goat more than the Dog.
My English isn't the best anymore. Sorry for any mistakes.