Author Topic: My Little Pony FiM Movie & Video Phread  (Read 28820 times)

Offline 489109

• Male
My Little Pony FiM Movie & Video Phread
« on: January 10, 2011, 01:08:04 am »
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is an Canadian/American Flash animated series, which is currently airing on The Hub effective October 10, 2010. This incarnation of the popular Hasbro toy was developed for television by Lauren Faust who is famed for her work on two of Cartoon Network's noted franchises The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends on all of which she worked with their creator and her husband Craig McCracken. It is produced by Studio B Productions, in association with Hasbro Studios.

Okay, so i just found this new series today. Spent most of the day catching up on it too. Surprisingly, I've never been a big fan of the MLP franchise. But after a couple hoofer friends on FA recommended it, I thought I had better look into it and check it out. As of now, I am officially a MLP fan. Lauren Faust re-did the theme and really made it into something cute and intelligent. Take the innocence of Foster's Home add in the cuteness of the Power Puff girls and add in some clever writing and you have the new MLP series.

But don't take my word for it. Check out the link below and take a peek of episode 11 of 24 season 1. Again, this new series definitely gets two hoofs up in my book

MLP Linky
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:17:55 pm by Liedt »

Offline WildbillTX

• Where's the BBQ?
  • Male
    • My FA Page.
Re: My Little Pony
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 02:54:19 am »
I watched a couple of episodes on YouTube, and though it gets a little too saccharine sweet for my tastes, especially with all those (sooo 80's) pastel colors, I was surprised at how much fun it was.  Great animation, good stories and fast paced direction. Strange this show hasn't become popular in this fandom. Probably a lot of us remember how bad the 80's MLP shows were.

Props to Lauren for taking such a lame toy franchise and making a good show out of it. It's surprising its getting a lot of attention from older fans. I see a lot of Powerpuff Girls in this show, and thats what is probably hooking people.

MLP been getting a big buzz on Deviant Art with lots of fan art and 4chan, of all places. :D It's funny to see a bunch of /b/tards act like furries when they get all derpy-derp about this show.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 07:28:49 pm by WildbillTX »

Offline Jay Hyena

• Male
    • Jay's DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 07:27:21 am »
Oh geez, ever since I saw this on /co/, I haven't been able to resist watching. Ha, it's an awesome show.  :D

Offline Sheeta

• Species: Kittygirl!
  • By the power of Grayskull
  • Female
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 02:06:14 am »
Strange this show hasn't become popular in this fandom. Probably a lot of us remember how bad the 80's MLP shows were.

Actually, it is pretty popular.  It's just that no one wants to publicly admit to liking a "little girls' show".   :D  On one of the more popular Transformers fan boards, there's an entire section dedicated to MLP (which is awesomely funny to see hardcore Transfans talk about the cuteness of Fluttershy).  I love it by the way, and try to catch it new on Fridays, or at least the replay on Mondays.  The animation is very good, the design work is nice, the characters are fun and the voice acting is great.

Wasn't a big fan of the original when I was a kid, but had a few of the ponies just so my GI Joes and He-Man figures had mighty steeds to ride on.  Yep, tomboy thru-and-thru. 
It's Steely Dan, not Steely Dan't

"People are into it for all sorts of reasons, but I think most people here just think animal people are neat to draw." --"Sue"

Stop by!  www.furaffinity.net/user/nubiankitten7
             www.nubiankitten.deviantart.com/

Offline feather

• sometimes a spaceship!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 02:54:38 am »
It looks REALLY cute, and the connection to PPGs is enough for me to at least give it a shot. I'll have to add the Hub to my favorites list . . .
Is the year of the Cabbit!

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 04:06:27 pm »
All right, so, between seeing fan art of the show popping up on FA and then seeing this thread here, I thought I'd give it a try.  I've watched one episode so far, and I have to agree that Fluttershy is hopelessly cute.  It does bother me that their heads are not at all horse-shaped...  However, I think it was good enough to warrant watching the second episode.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 04:39:12 pm »
After second episode:  Woah.  Rainbows.  Colorful.  I've never really watched this kind of cartoon show before...  It's kind of trippy.  And my three-year-old seems to be hooked.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 04:30:06 am »
I ran out of new episodes to watch...   So...  I think I liked them.  Especially when they'd burst into song.  But, then, I think there should be more random bursting into song in most of the world.  I also enjoyed that they did a take on "The Trouble with Tribbles."  In fact, there were a lot of nods toward classic story lines.  (Icarus, the Pied Piper, the Tortoise and the Hare, etc.)

Offline Martin_Aresian

• Male
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 10:08:27 pm »
I was never into MLP as a kid, but from what I've watched so far, I think I might have a new passion. Hahaha.
"Go to the ant you sluggard; consider her ways and be wise"
   -Proverbs 6:6

pic in icon done by Diana Harlan Stein
www.naiadstudios.com

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 01:06:08 am »
Wasn't a big fan of the original when I was a kid, but had a few of the ponies just so my GI Joes and He-Man figures had mighty steeds to ride on.  Yep, tomboy thru-and-thru.  

This made me laugh hard :D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 02:19:38 am by Shim »

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 07:58:40 pm »
From what I can tell, it has:
Hoofers
Singing
Dancing(?)

I'll pass.
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 10:15:32 pm »
From what I can tell, it has:
Hoofers
Singing
Dancing

All the above and more.

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 10:56:01 am »
 :o

ok, I didn't need to see that.
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Martin_Aresian

• Male
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 06:13:39 pm »
It's your loss Avan. It's a really cleverly written show. It's funny. The characters are very likable. How many episodes did you watch before you dismissed it anyway?
"Go to the ant you sluggard; consider her ways and be wise"
   -Proverbs 6:6

pic in icon done by Diana Harlan Stein
www.naiadstudios.com

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 01:59:18 am »
I watched half of the first episode.  There was a part of my brain that kept saying, "This is a little girl's show! You are not allowed to like this!"  Another part was saying, "Don't listen to that spoilsport! This is actually a well-done show and not some insipid crap like most shows today."  Then there was that part of my brain which is constantly telling me to eat some bacon.

I only stopped watching because I thought I would be embarassed if somebody walked in on me watching it.  But now that I've seen the first part I kind of have this secret itch to find out how the story plays out.  I actually had heard the "Winter Wrap-up" song a while ago, but didn't know where it was from.  It was the kind of song that you don't know why you like it so much.  The rest of the show is apparently like that, too.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 03:52:41 pm »
It was the kind of song that you don't know why you like it so much.

A wise fox once said.."DAAADADADADADADAAAYAAADADADADA. YAAADADADADAAAA"

Offline Kada-Ru

• Species: Golden Blue Pegasus
  • Female
    • Kaycy's Creations for Fun
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 11:16:27 am »
I watched your link Leidt.  Though it was cute I was upset that the 'My little ponies' face and ears were not of ponies at all. :(  I don't see them as MLP.  sadly

Offline Prince Karo

• Admewnistrator
  • Species: Fluffy-tailed kitten
  • i am watching yooou.. :3
  • Male
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/princekaro/
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 10:23:58 pm »
It's very good, probably the best kids show in over a decade.

Fluttershy and Pinkie are the best. ^__^
My art: click here

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 02:19:10 am »
I started to watch this show 2 days ago.

This is just incredible. I just finished episode 9.

Fluttershy is clearly superior to everybody.

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 09:18:02 am »
I'm a Rainbow Dash fan myself. But I think the Fluttershy contingent is biggest in the Fandom, I wonder what that means.

Didn't see today's episode yet, so no spoiling it until i get home.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 05:20:34 pm »
I'm a Rainbow Dash fan myself. But I think the Fluttershy contingent is biggest in the Fandom, I wonder what that means.

I don't know how true that is. I have yet to meet a single person who says that anybody but Rainbow Dash is his or her favorite :o.

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 05:54:18 pm »
I frequent all the Hoofer groups in FA, there is a lot of chatter about MLP from there. FS wins the popularity pole hooves down.

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 02:24:29 am »
Fluttershy's my favorite.  My daughter seems to like Applebloom best.

Anyway, here's a really, really bizarre MLP video:  http://scifi.soentertain.me/?p=628  (It will make more sense if you've seen Joss Whedon's "Dr. Horrible.")

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 07:59:09 pm »
That was awesome, I'm a big fan of Doctor Horrible. Especially Bad horse, but yeah you probably saw that coming.

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 10:10:53 pm »
Discovered this via the Vgcats forum (when it existed) just before episode 4 came out. Been watching it ever since.

It gained major traction on Vgcats (who discovered it on another site) and other sites that I frequent due to being made by Lauren Faust.

It's very good, probably the best kids show in over a decade.

Fluttershy and Pinkie are the best. ^__^

Agreed :)
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*