Author Topic: MLP: FiM Brony & Pony Discussion Phread  (Read 57360 times)

Offline Shim

• Male
Re: MLP: FiM Brony & Pony Discussion
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2011, 11:20:16 pm »
I..I..uh..can't..wah..f;skl;d

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2011, 02:18:40 am »
Lets add some culture to this thread with great art.

*Jaw drop*  D:

*fainting*

Oh, wait... *clicks SAVE*

*faints again*
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Prince Karo

• Admewnistrator
  • Species: Fluffy-tailed kitten
  • i am watching yooou.. :3
  • Male
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/princekaro/
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2011, 11:03:41 am »
Lets add some culture to this thread with great art.

Found this on an image share site.

That expression.... it's so perfect... <3
My art: click here

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2011, 05:47:35 pm »
 :D  :D  :D

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2011, 10:19:07 pm »
Has anyone seen the most recent Equestria Daily header image/theme?  My non-pony family is over to visit right now, but I still SQUEE'd a little!  I think Derpy also just shot up a few ranks for me.

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2011, 12:15:00 am »
@RY: Any specific thoughts now that the series is over?

Well, for one thing, I may owe some of my school friends an apology for possibly excessive skepticism on my part when they discussed having an interest in MLP.  I am somewhat glad, though, that I was also reasonably civil in my disbelief; it means having less crow to eat.

I've found myself with the occasional compulsion to listen to a few of the show's songs again, namely "Winter Wrap-Up" and "Art of the Dress".  Aside from that, I haven't felt particularly compelled to rewatch the series.  (If I had felt this way, I would have ranked MLP as a literary work on my list of preferences up there with Eragon and a small handful of other works.)  I am, however, considering having my mom watch episodes 4 and/or 14; the central themes of those episodes would have particular relevance to her.

I also spent a good deal of the season thinking that Rainbow Dash was male.  I had a bit of cognitive whiplash when I heard the pronoun "her" being used in reference to that character.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2011, 12:34:20 am »
Has anyone seen the most recent Equestria Daily header image/theme?  My non-pony family is over to visit right now, but I still SQUEE'd a little!  I think Derpy also just shot up a few ranks for me.

Lol! If this is the result, Twilight needs to foul up more spells.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Sheeta

• Species: Kittygirl!
  • By the power of Grayskull
  • Female
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2011, 01:50:08 am »
It's Steely Dan, not Steely Dan't

"People are into it for all sorts of reasons, but I think most people here just think animal people are neat to draw." --"Sue"

Stop by!  www.furaffinity.net/user/nubiankitten7
             www.nubiankitten.deviantart.com/

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2011, 02:06:48 am »
Psst...hey guys...

SOUNDBOARD!

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/192/3/6/mlp_fim_soundboard_v4_3_by_kyrospawn-d3izzks.swf

Have fun!

Wow, that's weird.  I was just looking up this soundboard after hearing it mentioned on an old episode of Bronyville.  I closed the window and refreshed Furtopia to find... this! :D

And for the record, I just spent 5 minutes playing with all the cleaned-up Flutterrage voices :3

Offline Sheeta

• Species: Kittygirl!
  • By the power of Grayskull
  • Female
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2011, 02:20:38 am »
Psst...hey guys...

SOUNDBOARD!

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/192/3/6/mlp_fim_soundboard_v4_3_by_kyrospawn-d3izzks.swf

Have fun!

Wow, that's weird.  I was just looking up this soundboard after hearing it mentioned on an old episode of Bronyville.  I closed the window and refreshed Furtopia to find... this! :D

And for the record, I just spent 5 minutes playing with all the cleaned-up Flutterrage voices :3

The hivemind expands...
It's Steely Dan, not Steely Dan't

"People are into it for all sorts of reasons, but I think most people here just think animal people are neat to draw." --"Sue"

Stop by!  www.furaffinity.net/user/nubiankitten7
             www.nubiankitten.deviantart.com/

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2011, 03:24:54 am »
Psst...hey guys...

SOUNDBOARD!

Have fun!

Oh my.  That would have been a highly entertaining addition to late night dorm conversations back in college.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2011, 06:44:17 am »
I also spent a good deal of the season thinking that Rainbow Dash was male.  I had a bit of cognitive whiplash when I heard the pronoun "her" being used in reference to that character.

Don't worry, you aren't alone in thinking that at first. I think that between the completely different style mane/tail (not just the colors), the somewhat androgynous voice, and a lot of her mannerisms, this isn't a far-fetched conclusion to reach fairly quickly. It wasn't until I watched enough episodes to see enough background ponies that I realized that every male had the slightly different head/body shape. At which point it was an 'Oh, RD is a girl. I guess I can see that'. Also, there's a number of times where the group was collectively referred to as 'Girls'.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2011, 07:35:20 am »
There's also a soundboard now for free on the Android Market that is nice and easy to use. Simply look for "FiM Soundboard".

And speaking of songs, am I the only one that likes the Pony Pokey song? I always hear about people saying how much they like Winter Wrap up, but I'm not too fond of it and didn't even remember the song from the show. I had to look it up to see what all the fuss is about. Pony Pokey, though, has been running through my head for days.
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2011, 08:18:33 am »
The Pony Pokey is all right.  Like most of Pinkie Pie's songs I think it fits best within the context of the show.  Songs like Winter Wrap Up are so multilayered and creative, I think they have to be classed above most of Pinkie's ditties.  Giggle at the Ghostie is actually one of the songs I'd include up there even though Pinkie does degenerate into giggles during the song.  That's not to say her songs are bad, but I'm not going to listen to Hop, Skip, and Jump for its finely-crafted artistry :P

Speaking of songs, Art of the Dress has really been growing on me lately.  It might soon replace Winter Wrap Up as my top song.  And as a side effect, it's helping me understand Rarity more.  She's still stuck up, but I don't think of her just as a snob any more :P

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2011, 11:30:10 am »
Ah! The soundboard makes my life so much easier! :D!

Offline TCD

• Furry Elitist
  • Female
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2011, 11:30:16 am »
"Art of the Dress" is loosely taken from "Putting it Together", a song by Stephen Sondheim for his musical "Sunday in the Park with George"! "Art of the Dress" is probably my favorite song because of it.

Hey, listen!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-836TtoF_5I
(For Torchwood/Doctor Who fans, keep an eye out for John Barrowman singing!!! Mmm, yeah.)
My Furaffinity! May contain mature images.
FFLw3ad A C D+ H++ M- P+++ R++ T++ W Z- Sf+ RLGP* a cn++ d+ e++ f+ h i++ p* sm+

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2011, 12:33:13 pm »
"Art of the Dress" is loosely taken from "Putting it Together", a song by Stephen Sondheim for his musical "Sunday in the Park with George"!

And, for the sake of completeness, "At the Gala" is based on the song "Ever After" from Sondheim's Into the Woods. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Ve4KO7Hcg

As for me, the Sondheims are my favorite songs, no surprise. ;) "At the Gala" and "Art of the Dress." "Winter Wrap Up" is another favorite, of course. And like Landrav said, "Giggle at the Ghostie" is growing on me even though it's not particularly complex or ambitious. It's got a good tune, what can I say. ;)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 12:43:44 pm by Arbutus »

Offline TCD

• Furry Elitist
  • Female
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2011, 01:16:56 pm »
Have no sound at the moment, but thanks for pointing that Arbutus! I'll look at it later. I remember thinking during "At the Gala" that it sounded like it could have been from a musical. (Though not a Sondheim one--I was more reminded of a Weber production--big, flashy, all the cast, like you'd get right before intermission or at the end of the show.)

EDIT: Listened now! Very cool. :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:46:34 pm by TCD »
My Furaffinity! May contain mature images.
FFLw3ad A C D+ H++ M- P+++ R++ T++ W Z- Sf+ RLGP* a cn++ d+ e++ f+ h i++ p* sm+

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2011, 07:22:52 pm »
BREAKING PONY NEWS

[5 p.m. CST, 4 p.m. Equestrian] An enormous banner featuring Rainbow Dash in a patriotic pose has been illegally draped on the front of the White House during the night, sources in the capitol say.

Press releases and independent reporting from multiple sources has confirmed the vandalism, which has since been removed by White House staff. As was previously suspected by capitol officials, the radical group Equestrian Evangelists did indeed claim responsibility for the act early this morning.

"The American government has forced our hoof," the press release read in part. "This is but one small step in the direction of the spreading of the gospel of the one and true best pony."

"We will not stop until this country is 20% cooler than it is right now," the release says.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/07/breaking-news-pony-sentiments-spark-war.html

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2011, 08:31:50 pm »
RD 4 evar! :D
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2011, 10:29:20 pm »
Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight Sparkle are having a cupcake party next to me right now.  (My daughter has plastic cupcakes and a couple of older My Little Ponies that we got from ebay.  She's renamed them for the FiM characters based on their body colors.  Mostly they're discussing which pony gets which cupcake.  It's cute.)
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2011, 02:17:01 am »
Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight Sparkle are having a cupcake party next to me right now.  (My daughter has plastic cupcakes and a couple of older My Little Ponies that we got from ebay.  She's renamed them for the FiM characters based on their body colors.  Mostly they're discussing which pony gets which cupcake.  It's cute.)
NO! Not baked goods! Baked BADS!
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2011, 06:03:36 am »
Cupcakes; so sweet & tasty
Cupcakes; don't be too hasty,
Cupcakes; cupcakes, cupcakes, CUPCAKES!!!

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2011, 04:31:16 pm »
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2011, 06:14:44 pm »
Pretty much :D!

Landrav has linked me lots of pony cards. I love the ones by this person :D!

http://kitonin.deviantart.com/gallery/