Author Topic: Emotional movies  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
Emotional movies
« on: September 30, 2011, 05:10:51 pm »
Any movies, or parts of movies, that made you mad, sad, etc. ? For me, it was always the beginning and end of "Prototype" in Halo Legends. First movie to ever make me cry. (and admitting it is a first for me, as well.)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:36:57 pm by Arashi »
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Emotional movies
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 05:49:43 pm »
Generally, movies don't make me cry. I can't think of a single one that has, actually.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 05:53:58 pm »
I said mad, sad or otherwise. ANY serious emotion.
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.

Offline Mylo

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 07:24:00 pm »
It depends.  I like the feelings that movies invoke in you, like sadness and anger.  The thing is, I can let myself be invoked or I can be cynical.

Pretty much any movie intended to be sad, I can feel sad...but it's because I let myself feel that way (kind of an awkward thing to explain).

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 11:06:21 pm »
Only movie that ever came close to having am emotional effect on me was: Ink (2009/i)

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 10:25:51 am »
My mistake, sorry for misreading.
I can't think of any movies that have made me incredibly emotional in any way. Its the same with books. I enjoy reading or watching, but I don't get sad or angry because of the things happening because they aren't real. Its a bit hard to explain... I like a movie that its meant to make you feel sad or whatever, and I understand what the creators wanted to achieve, but I just don't get incredibly emotional about it past enjoyment of a good film. There isn't really enough time in a film for me to build up an emotional connection to the characters like there its in an ongoing tv series.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 12:37:59 pm »
Old Yeller. :'(

I picked up a quote, "You can't trust a man who never shed a tear for Old Yeller." It has been many years, but thinking about it chokes me up. :'(
"Who am I to say where my possibly non-existent soul has or has not been."

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 03:35:11 pm »
Any movie with a scene with a dog getting hurt or killed upsets me. If it's played for laughs it sends me into a murderous rage. I can watch slasher flicks with people dying violently every which way but seeing a dog being hurt breaks my heart.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 04:32:28 pm »
The final scenes of Old Yeller (1956).

Offline Mr. Apple

• Male
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 06:11:11 pm »
I'm a pretty emotional person. So I've got to be careful what I watch/read, I've started sobbing on more than one occasion because of a movie or a book. I get REALLY attached to the characters.

-V for vendetta when V blows up the old bailey. That was such an invigorating scene. It was beautifully done too.

-Inglorious bastards gave me a pretty kick butt feeling. loved that movie.

-Iron man was a very inspiring movie for me.

-Balto 1 gave me a mix of emotions. I fell in love with the character. The sequels were utter garbage though.

-The boy in the striped pajamas had me numb up until the very end when the mom was crying. Other than that, i was distracted by the uniforms  (:

-The end of the Fullmetal Alchemist anime (not brotherhood) made me pretty damn sad.

-Donnie Darko sent me into a depression. Probably one of the angstiest movies i've watched.
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."

DA: http://x13killer.deviantart.com/
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/x13killer/

Offline Choky

• Rare species
  • Male
    • http://choky.furtopia.org/
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 11:11:56 pm »
The only two movies Ive ever cried at:

- Plague dogs - Not a great movie but wow...powerful ending,devastating,it will utterly destroy you.

- Hachiko - Pretty much a sob-fest,and being a true story just makes it all the more heartwrenching. Its basicly the same story as "Greyfriars Bobby"(also a true story) right down to the memorial statue they both have,only difference being one is in Scotland and the other in Japan.
Dude,where my Furryness?
424 passed games on N64,PSX,DC,XB,PS2,GC & X360.(Last updated on 29/09/13)

Offline Ragnorrock_13

• Spread the love
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 11:17:15 am »
Pianist... Ever since I saw that movie, I have not been able to cry for anything else. It is as if that movie sucked all the tears out of me.
Next time, I'll collect the money, and you can die!
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Offline SoulFox

• Male
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 07:31:11 pm »
Wristcutters is one of my favorite movies. its a love story, but its really good. to be honest though, its alittle weird at some parts but i would suggest anyone to see it xD
Enjoy what you have. But most importantly, nothing will ever be handed to you! Put in effort, the harder you work for something, the more rewarding it is :3

Offline Tyrannus The Demon

• Your Worst Nightmare.
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 06:04:42 pm »
the movie BEAR always mad me cry :'(
"It all started just a few hours ago...the squad was out on routine patrol across the plains...radio contact started to fail,all we could here were terrible screams...amongst teh screasm and gun-fire,we made-out one cry,'They're coming...they're...everywhere!'."