Author Topic: Do you have multiple Fursonas?  (Read 6309 times)

Offline BeckyL97

• Species: Black Dragon/White Tigress
  • It's great to be back!
  • Female
Do you have multiple Fursonas?
« on: December 15, 2011, 06:28:46 am »
I have three at the moment. Here they are:

Otium the Cougar (the most recent one)

Tanya the Gorgonopsid (my second one, here's what she looks like: http://images.wikia.com/allaboutprimeval/images/a/af/Gorgonopsid.jpg)

Avalia the Black Dragon (my first fursona)

Do YOU have more than one fursona?
<---- Please click me! :) Thanks!

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Do you have multiple Fursonas?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 06:32:43 am »
Becky, you may wish to do a search. We already have a few other similar threads on this issue. They are either in this forum, Furries on Furry, or the Lifestyler forum. ;)

Offline Urban-WolfFox

• Male
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 07:27:18 am »
I only have my one fursona, i never felt like making another. One is good for me :)

Offline aspect

• Aspect of the Universe
  • Male
    • my furaffinity
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 12:12:28 pm »
Kobuk I am going to comment anyway :P

I guess I have two right now and will probably end up with three though my goal was to have one that really sort of represented me! But I have only recently decided to "be a furry" so some settling-in is to be expected.

Offline Soulneko

• Hey
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 01:35:41 pm »
well theres soul the ice domestic cat anthro but he is now way tame and uses ice

then kuro the calm crow of wonder and darkness

then my recent one Hakami the peacefull naturey plant person
"I've never talked to a girl before. I don't know how to handle it."
"Hey everyone! Isn't this fun? The door opens to the inside, right?"
"Oh, by the way... my blood is black."
"Because I don't know how to deal with girls...
"Bloody needle." -Crona i love anime

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 08:03:43 pm »
I adopted the idea of a robotic dog as a personal talisman a year or so ago. That being said my robotic dog fursona is all I need. I don't think I would enjoy having more than one.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 08:21:08 pm »
I make up a ton of random fursonas for RP's but those are just characters I make up and develop, I only have one real fursona, Carter.
Come find me! More to come!

Offline aspect

• Aspect of the Universe
  • Male
    • my furaffinity
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 10:18:50 pm »
I'm curious why people call them 'fursonas' when they're just RP characters! Not that there is much difference for some people I suppose, but I would think being a fursona implies »being a symbol of onesself such as an avatar, »being an 'inner self' of some sort, »being a spirit guide or totem, or perhaps »being a body one would want.

I guess an RP character is a lot like an avatar though; the only reason it strikes me as odd is because I'm used to non-furry RP forums. Here people know how many fursonas they have; other places people quickly lose track of the characters they've played. The language difference is interesting.

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 10:35:46 pm »
I had a hard time finding a recent thread on this topic, so I don't mind it continuing :)

Anyway, you asked an interesting question:

I'm curious why people call them 'fursonas' when they're just RP characters!
For me, I've rarely used my fursonas for RP.  I have two characters -- Alex, a pink fox, and Digby, the picture in my current avatar.  Fursonas are an embodiment of who I am; while I express myself normally IRL, I can create an alternate me online.  I mean, I still have elements of myself, but it's a different way to act!

This really is the magic of the fandom.  The fursona is an intersection between the imagination and reality -- people can look at Digby and only see the imagination side, but he has become real to me in a sense.  Some people online will know me in no other way, and that (though strange) is amazingly real.

But some fursonas are just for RP. That's okay, too :)
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Wereaibo

• Male
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 10:46:09 pm »
For me my fursona represents my ideal self. It isn't a RP character. It's much more personal. The only problem I have these days is whether I want to keep my fursona as a robotic dog or go back to a normal everyday flesh'n'blood dog as I used to be. I keep flip flopping, but I'm beginning to think going back to my original form is best. I have history as a plain old organic dog and as much as I like robotic dogs I probably love the flesh and blood variety more. It's because I want my Fursona to be more personal that I have trouble deciding the perfect form.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline aspect

• Aspect of the Universe
  • Male
    • my furaffinity
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 11:27:59 pm »
... and Digby, the picture in my current avatar.

I really like Digby. Three aqua dots as markings is nice.

...The only problem I have these days is whether I want to keep my fursona as a robotic dog or go back to a normal everyday flesh'n'blood dog as I used to be.

I really like the robotic dog... not that that means anything for your decision, but you mentioned in another topic that you were switching to robotic dog again and I almost replied 'yes!' because that's definitely a neat fursona!

Flip flop all you want though, people can have many different aspects 8)

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 11:40:55 pm »
I myself, well, I have waaaaay too many characters, but only 3-4 I consider a fursona. i can become them all in an instant, but I recurringly use 4 of them.
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline Wereaibo

• Male
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 10:31:02 am »

...The only problem I have these days is whether I want to keep my fursona as a robotic dog or go back to a normal everyday flesh'n'blood dog as I used to be.

I really like the robotic dog... not that that means anything for your decision, but you mentioned in another topic that you were switching to robotic dog again and I almost replied 'yes!' because that's definitely a neat fursona!

Flip flop all you want though, people can have many different aspects 8)
[/quote]

Thanks! :) I haven't completely decided yet so there's still a chance I may go back to the robot dog. It's a bit of a difficult decision.

Offline DreamerHusky

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 06:15:22 pm »
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:14:38 pm by DreamerHusky »

Offline Lynk

• Male
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 07:53:13 pm »
I don't even have one. :P

Offline Mylo

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 09:55:16 pm »

Then why does it say "snow leopard" under your name?

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 10:36:16 am »
I have two: Ata the fox and Nint the wolf. They represent the two halves of my ideal personality: Ata is intelligent, while Nint is agile and experienced. And their names are cheap variations of video game companies, personal connections aside.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 12:28:55 pm by warriorsfan1812 »

Offline Lynk

• Male
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 09:48:25 pm »

Then why does it say "snow leopard" under your name?
I wouldn't really consider it a fursona, in the common use of the term. I don't have any character details decided on other then the fact that he's a snow leopard. Other then that he's just me.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 11:48:21 pm »
I'm developing some alternate charaters, a red fox based on a few flash animation cartoons, and an Alsatian named Wolfgang Shefferhund. Hope to build a fursuit partial of the latter to alternate with my signature character at the next con. It'll provide an opportunity to wear a "Warsaw Pack" uniform.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline JamieTheRedWolf

• Female
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 11:05:57 am »
I have two
My first one was Jenna, A black female wolf with red eyes and purple markings, but then I went onto a red wolf named Jamie. She is the rare red wolf with blue eyes. I dont really use jenna as much now....
Howl at the moon!
 :goldhowl:

Offline Sylvine Srevlis

• The cat among dogs. :)
  • Female
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 09:21:03 pm »
Silver is my own fursona who is actually 'me'. Our names are almost interchangeable. However, I have six other feline character I write about in addition to her. The seven of them sort of come as a packaged deal. Namely, my characters are Silver, Flicker, Coralie, Sycamore, Alba, Maxwell and Lilac. They all have distinctive personalities, voices, interests and back stories. I also have two other 'side characters' I use occasionally named 'Crotchet' and 'Beanie' (long story, they were originally a joke), so nine total.  :D
"Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't want to live there." - Owl City

Offline onai

• Rawr. That is all.
  • Female
    • My FA
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 03:54:52 pm »
Onai is- me. Not a therian (much too close and personal feeling to classify it with that) but moreso who i am inside. there's no "shared soul" or anything like that, just all wolf :)
 I do have many actualy characters though-

Ebola- the devil dog, keeping his other well-known species name off of these boards :)
Thrush- the exact same as ebola (yep- both named after terrible,terrible things.)

Then there are my wolves:

Jade- timber wolf, partner to Tazdi, my mate's alt. wolf
Legend- my lupine-form demigod, just created him ^^

To answer your question, i guess- yes :P
www.furaffinity.net/user/onai <-- I be makin' fursuits. yar.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 10:12:03 pm »
I've recently acquired another one. There is Loc, which is pretty much me and is my main one, and Caleb, who is a male Thylacosmilus at the moment. I've got his personality and name fixed, and many aspects of his appearance, but exactly what species he will be might get tweaked later. I've been toying with adding some dragon in there. Not sure if it suits him yet though.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Brunn

• Baa-Grr!
  • Female
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 12:24:27 pm »
I have some alternate characters, but I wouldn't consider them to be fursonas. To me, my fursona is me. Brunn has my same personality, likes and dislikes... All the others may have disticnt personalites, voices and thoughts, but they just aren't me.  :D

~~Brunn~~
Please feel free to check out my Blog and my DeviantART!

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 09:22:46 am »
I only have Adrian. He is my fursona, but I  have several characters running through my head (and storys) that arent fursonas. They could be considered alter ego's, because if i like a character i tke one of my traits an amplify it, as the characters foundation. I am currently writing a story that has a character named Issac. He is a violet eyed fox (looks kinda like a mix between FoxMcCloud and Wolf O'Donnel). He is a ghost. He is usually in a good mood, but he can also have childish rages (he is 14) and can order your heart to start beating if you tick him off.
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"