Author Topic: FBI wants activists who investigate factory farms prosecuted as terrorists  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
I don’t know why the FBI cares so much about this, (maybe someone higher up is pushing the issue).
But simply put, the FBI is saying that, if an animal activist causes “economic loss” to a factory farm,
Then that person is a terrorist, according to the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act.

News Article 1

News Article 2

PDF of the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act

Am I missing something here when people go from what at most would be illegal trespassing, and possibly burglary, to terrorism of all things?

What are your thoughts…
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline WhiteStorm

Meh. It's in keeping with the blatant abuse of that term that's been thrown around for about the past 10 years now... stupid, perhaps, but unsurprising.
-I still can't think of anything.

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
Hmm... I think that acts like this should be illegal, yes, but I also feel like civil disobedience is sometimes needed.  I'm not encouraging that people go and break the laws, but sometimes we need to see the other side of things.

I will say that the term "terrorism" should not be applied to this, though. Yes, they are trespassing, but it's hardly to destroy enterprise; rather, it's to reform.  I dunno... it's just a very complicated subject  x_x
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
Interesting.  This coupled with the new section of the NDAA would allow people who trespass to be held in a military prison indefinitely without a trial.

I don't like where this is going.

Offline Avor

• Male
I don’t know why the FBI cares so much about this, (maybe someone higher up is pushing the issue).
But simply put, the FBI is saying that, if an animal activist causes “economic loss” to a factory farm,
Then that person is a terrorist, according to the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act.

Am I missing something here when people go from what at most would be illegal trespassing, and possibly burglary, to terrorism of all things?

What are your thoughts…

Americans putting money before truth and values is nothing new, but I still stunded and disgusted by these levels of laws and policies.

But this whole thing is just part of the long term plan for America. With all the problems, political, economic, internationa, and domestic, the powers that be are attemoting to secure essential resources to maintain America and it's immennse military forces.

To have large factory farms put into a tight situation, legit or not, would cause strain the food suplies. The resulting prices would be a large factor in any sort of unrest.

Interesting.  This coupled with the new section of the NDAA would allow people who trespass to be held in a military prison indefinitely without a trial.

I don't like where this is going.

Striat to facism. It's only a matter of time before America becames no different that Putin's Rissia. A mafia state. Where fear and manipulation secured absolute power.

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
Never ceases to disgust me.

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
As somebody who knows an FBI agent very well, I can tell you that the agents aren't the monsters that the media and Hollywood make them out to be, they just do their job, most of them are in it to protect others.

And I asked the agent I know about this, and he verified that the people in charge of counter terrorism are irrational. Nobody likes counter terrorism. White collar crime and homicide agents are awesome people though.

Offline Deval

• Male
This is getting quite silly. I stopped in Grand Rapids Michigan last summer to take pictures of a train. 2 weeks later, I got a call from the FBI Department of Homeland Security to talk to me about possible terrorist activity. He told me he got a complaint from a property owner for me taking pictures and had to do a full investigation on me. After finding many of my train pictures online he said he knew I was not a threat.

The best part is when I asked him "Do you know I work for a railroad?" He said no. That's interesting because he said he spent 6 hours investigating me, and couldn't find out the simplest of details.

Scary.
All dragons are crazy. I am a dragon, therefore...

Offline SHEPARD_DOG

• im a Scientific enthusiast
  • Male
this legislshin or law or wutever it is.
is just plane stupid
trorist (tarorist somone who uses fear to achev power a gole or control)
not somone who examins the ethics of farms
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”

Offline SeriousLal

• Freakin stupid
  • Male
This is probably because people who do stuff like that are related to the Earth Liberation Force. Of which I personally think its stupid because groups like that are trying to aggressively bring forth an issue ignored too much by everyone. I can't believe the government considers groups like these as terrorists when in fact they have never attempted to kill anyone nor have they conspired with cartel or radicalist communist/fascist movements.
MAKE A MADMAN OUT OF YOU