Author Topic: Rabbit Redux  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
Rabbit Redux
« on: July 03, 2012, 09:29:36 pm »
Hello! Hello! Hello, newbies! Hello, old friends! Hello, one and all! I've come back to Furtopia!

Some facts about me: I am Arbutus. I am a rabbit. I am also an admin here on the Furtopia forums. I have been gone for the past 10 months because I've been living abroad and volunteering in microfinance in several republics of the former Soviet Union. Specifically,

Tajikistan,

Azerbaijan,

and Ukraine,

and I spent a ton of time in the country of Georgia too and sorta fell in love with it. (I want to live in Tbilisi someday.)

I also spent a lot of time over the past year visiting warzones and politically disputed territories, as well as meeting dozens of people who have had their lives torn apart by war, and I feel driven to do something to help. I'll be heading to grad school this fall to study related issues. You can find many of my writings from the past year at http://arbutus.livejournal.com.

And I am a furry and a massive brony, too. I'm a pretty multifaceted dude, I like to think.

And now I'm back. AND EVERYONE GETS A HUG!!!
* Arbutus spreads his paws wide

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Rabbit Redux
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 09:32:33 pm »
*huskyhugs and pounces* :)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 09:40:36 pm »
And now that you're back from your long trip, I have to give you another MPOD........the "abbreviated" one for rabbits, though.  :D

Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like.
Do you ever get tired of eating carrots? What other stuff do you eat?
Is it true rabbits know how to multiply? What's 4387 x 2177 = ? (No cheating and using a calculator.)
Why is it rabbits always flee from predators? Don't you guys know kung-fu or something? Why don't you fight back?

:D  :D  :D  :D

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 09:46:58 pm »
I saw you as online a few moments ago, and came this close to replying to your *departure* thread thinking it was your coming back thread!  (You hadn't yet made this thread at the time, and I hadn't checked the timestamps.)

Did you get a chance to finish season 2 of MLP?  Specifically, did you get a chance to watch season 2's finale?  If not, catch up ASAP; the finale was exceptionally hyped, and it deserved every ounce of its hype.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Arbutus

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 09:58:32 pm »
Haha, you ninja'd me, Kobuk! I was just about to complain that you didn't give me an MPOD. But you came through in style! Now let's see....

Do you ever get tired of eating carrots? What other stuff do you eat?
Tired of carrots? I... I'm not sure what that means. I can't wrap my little rabbit mind around the concept. I've never even seen those words in that order before. But of course I eat other foods sometimes. Lettuce. Dandelions. Huskies. Slightly different-colored carrots! And, of course, COOKIES.
* Arbutus pulls the giant lever in his office that releases the secret cookie hatches in the ceiling, showering all of Furtopia in chocolate chip cookies.

Is it true rabbits know how to multiply? What's 4387 x 2177 = ? (No cheating and using a calculator.)
Common misconception. We actually don't know how to multiply. If we did, Furtopia would have been overrun and turned into Rabbitopia long ago. :(

Why is it rabbits always flee from predators? Don't you guys know kung-fu or something? Why don't you fight back?
Hey, I'm right here standing toe-to-toe with you, aren't I, dog-boy? :D I don't know kung fu, personally, but I do know its close lapine equivalent Bun Fu. Here, watch this!
* Arbutus performs some crazy move that sends you flying over his shoulder, then catches you before you hit the ground and hugs the heck out of you.
I missed you!

Offline Mylo

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 10:01:22 pm »
Nice to see you back Arbutus :)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 10:06:39 pm »
Lettuce, Dandelions, Huskies.....

Wait a minute. Something ain't right there.  >:( How many of my Siberian Husky bretheren have you eaten in Russia?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 10:08:50 pm by Kobuk »

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 10:11:02 pm »
*hugs!*

Offline Arbutus

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 10:20:25 pm »
RedYoshi! Mylo! Alsek! Hey guys! You all get hugs too. Don't think you're getting out of this. *hugs* :D

Did you get a chance to finish season 2 of MLP?  Specifically, did you get a chance to watch season 2's finale?  If not, catch up ASAP; the finale was exceptionally hyped, and it deserved every ounce of its hype.

YES YES YES. IT WAS SO GOOD. I think the Season 2 premiere is still my favorite, but the finale was exceptional as well. And actually, you'd be amazed just how well I kept up with the new episodes, despite sporadic Internet connectivity and a parade of wacky living situations. I told one such story here. ;)

Lettuce, Dandelions, Huskies.....

Wait a minute. Something ain't right there.  >:( How many of my Siberian Husky bretheren have you eaten in Russia?

It was only the one, I swear! And I only did it because he tasted good!

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 10:26:47 pm »
It was only the one, I swear! And I only did it because he tasted good!

:o  :o  :o  :'(  :'(  :'(   :goldhowl:

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 10:28:52 pm »

Offline Baylyn

• Female
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 10:34:59 pm »
hiya  :D nice to meet you you can call me wolfie since thats what most of the people here are calling me. I am a wolf obviouslly :) i like hugs so HUG!!!!!  (:

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 10:38:27 pm »
ARBUTUS!!!!

*hugs*

Sounds like you've had quite the time. And dang time goes so fast. It seems like just the other day that you were telling us you were going to be gone for a while!

Which place had the best cuisine, and did you find a favorite dish?

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 10:39:08 pm »
*hugs* Welcome back. :)

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Arbutus

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 10:57:23 pm »
Hey Wolfy, nice to meet you! And Loc! Glad to see you again! *hugs you both*

AND YOU TOO, ZIEL. :)
* Arbutus picks Ziel up and places him into a hugbox. THE HUGS WILL LAST FOREVER.

Which place had the best cuisine, and did you find a favorite dish?

Um, Georgian food is basically the pinnacle of human civilization as far as I'm concerned. (I'm a little obsessed.) Beef with pomegranate juice! Eggplant with walnuts! Sour plum sauce! And good god, the BEANS! For my favorite dish, though, I'd have to go with khachapuri ajaruli, which is basically a cheese volcano boat.

See? Cheese volcano boat.

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 10:58:15 pm »
Welcome back Sir Bunny Face! This is exactly what I wished for on my birthday (today!) an admin!
Come find me! More to come!

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 11:03:05 pm »
Dont know thee well, but hey FREE HUG!

*Pouncehugs Arbutus* Welcome back
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 11:07:42 pm »

AND YOU TOO, ZIEL. :)
* Arbutus picks Ziel up and places him into a hugbox. THE HUGS WILL LAST FOREVER.

*curls up in the hugbox ^^*

Um, Georgian food is basically the pinnacle of human civilization as far as I'm concerned. (I'm a little obsessed.) Beef with pomegranate juice! Eggplant with walnuts! Sour plum sauce! And good god, the BEANS! For my favorite dish, though, I'd have to go with khachapuri ajaruli, which is basically a cheese volcano boat.  

*picture of cheese volcano boat*

See? Cheese volcano boat.

That looks... delicious. And crazy simple to make! Is there anything special beneath the cheese? It looks like you just make a simple dough (pizza-crust-ish), shape it, bake it, apply cheese, top with an egg, and bake until egg is cooked and cheese melts? There is SO MUCH you could do with this as a basic concept.  It's like a quiche with less work. May have to try making something like this soon.  A potato bread type of dough could work really well, too...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 11:17:21 pm by Ziel »

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 11:18:26 pm »
-puts Sir Bunnyface holding Ziel's hugbox in a hugbox and runs away with it-

Welcome back!

Offline Arbutus

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 12:25:27 am »
*pouncehugs Carter and Kael* Nice to meet you both, and thanks for the welcomes! (:

That looks... delicious. And crazy simple to make! Is there anything special beneath the cheese? It looks like you just make a simple dough (pizza-crust-ish), shape it, bake it, apply cheese, top with an egg, and bake until egg is cooked and cheese melts? There is SO MUCH you could do with this as a basic concept.  It's like a quiche with less work. May have to try making something like this soon.  A potato bread type of dough could work really well, too...

Actually, it's different from the picture in your head - though what you're describing sounds a lot like khachapuri imeruli, which is another variant of the dish. The ajaruli version is... well, a boat, filled with a half-liquid mix of salty cheese, sour cream, and egg like an inch deep. It's a blast to eat. And that egg on top usually isn't baked on - it's cracked on top, raw, just before you serve it. The thing is so volcanically hot that all you have to do is stir the egg in with your fork and it'll be cooked in a minute. Here's the best recipe I've found, which isn't that detailed, but good lord! so many other folks on the Internet get it so wrong! :D

-puts Sir Bunnyface holding Ziel's hugbox in a hugbox and runs away with it-

Welcome back!

So, there is now a hugbox inside a hugbox. A meta-hugbox? Dispensing meta-hugs? I am okay with this. As long as it doesn't, you know, rip the fabric of the forumverse or anything. 8)

*Suddenly, the meta-hugbox violates the laws of meta-physics and gobbles Shim up! ERROR: NOT ENOUGH HUGS DISPENSED. ACQUIRING NEW HUGGEE.*

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 12:37:13 am »
Hey Arbutus, good to see you back.

Random welcome back colors for you. :) (: :) :D

*Hugs*
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 11:35:22 am »
Lots of welcome hugs for our wandering bunny boy.

It's good to have our rabbit admin safely back again.

Tosses a dandelion, grass, and carrot salad for
 Arbutus our favorite Lagomorpha.

Bunny hugs

Old Rabbit :orbunny:

oldrabbit.com

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 01:45:16 pm »
Welcome back. I do enjoyed reading your blogs.

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2012, 02:07:32 pm »
He-heh, I was wondering where you went~ -fluffhugs- Welcome back. Shall I start upthe space ship again? 8)
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline Arbutus

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2012, 10:55:22 am »
Hey Arbutus, good to see you back.

Random welcome back colors for you. :) (: :) :D

*Hugs*

Hey Storm Fox! Glad to see you again, and glad that you're as colorful as ever. :)

Lots of welcome hugs for our wandering bunny boy.

It's good to have our rabbit admin safely back again.

Tosses a dandelion, grass, and carrot salad for
 Arbutus our favorite Lagomorpha.

Bunny hugs

Old Rabbit :orbunny:

Aww, thanks so much, Old Rabbit. I'm glad to see you too! And your welcoming gift proves that you always know the way to my heart. :D
*digs into the salad, then stops and looks around suspiciously*
This is a special gift salad! NOBODY gets to share this salad! *clutches protectively* I already buried Furtopia in like eight inches of chocolate chip cookies, why don't you all go eat some of those before they get stale?

Welcome back. I do enjoyed reading your blogs.

Thanks a lot, Acton! I'm glad you were reading along - I think I did some of my best writing over the past year.

He-heh, I was wondering where you went~ -fluffhugs- Welcome back. Shall I start upthe space ship again? 8)

Haha, I remember that! By all means! I haven't gotten to fire any lasers in a long time. :D It's good to see you again!

*To save time, Arbutus presses a big red button on his desk to unleash the HUGBOT 9000. Everyone in the thread is picked up and mercilessly hugged.*