Author Topic: Without the third one (IC)  (Read 3508 times)

Offline Isyena

• Male
Without the third one (IC)
« on: June 21, 2014, 07:58:20 am »
(Jaggerjack)

After walking the same road for few hours, Jaggerjack notices a rather small town across a river. It might have quite a number of services.
Closer than the town, there is a small farm placed on the edge of a forest, surrounded by wheat fields reaching up to the road.
He looks down to his hand holding 1 gold coin. Might as well earn some money.

(Sameyel, hah it's tough on me)

Sameyel wakes up in a tavern of some sort, but he doesn't remember how he got there.
He looks around - 5 to 6 beds in the same room, but they are all empty. He notices 3 gold coins on his nightstand.
Yelling and horrible singing can be heard from downstairs. Dazed, his look slides towards a window - it's dusk.

(Dasiwe)

On the last day of his job, Dasiwe still didn't know where he should go. That was the first thing he should decide. Should he go and explore Mareta in it's entirety?
Find a master to learn battle magics which he lacks? Should he join the battle forces against Erinoth kingdom, or the pesky Intermerata fanatics?
Or he should, despite all the war going on, explore other lands, discover beautiful landscapes and see all sorts of creatures?
All these questions and more popped in his mind one after another, he couldn't rest his mind.
"Whenever you say no, think about what you might've missed"

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
Re: Without the third one (IC)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 08:23:54 am »
(his skills really are not suited for small town labor, but i guess I have to work with what I can )
Jaggerjack starts to continue walking, but his stomach growls and he sighs. He heads to the tavern and plops down at the bar. Hey bartender, Is anyone around here looking for a helping hand? I could use a meal and a little coin, other than that i'll be passing through"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 08:52:52 am »
"Hmm, I see you're not that rich.. Ok, I'll give you something for that coin. As for work, I see you're quite capable. I heard tailor needs some leathers from the beasts in surrounding forests. There aren't enough soldiers around due to the constant war with Mareta." he sighs "Those guys are restless. It takes a lot to fight them... Here's your meal, you can go there when you finish. It's on a road leading out of the town. Actually, there isn't anything to look for in the northeast. Only war. You could go to the capital which is south, across the lake. Be careful though, there are quite a lot of thieves on the road."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 08:54:58 am by Isyena »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 09:08:08 am »
"Why thank you good sir" he tossed him the coin and ate before heading to the tailors "good morrow sir, I heard you were in the need for some leathers, and I for some coin"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 09:09:28 am »
-redacted-

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 09:59:12 am »
"Hello mister, you sure heard right"  tailor scratches his head "I don't have enough leather and business is blooming. I'll pay you a hefty price of 5 gold pieces per leather you bring to me, that's how much I need them. Try for something dark if you can."

(describe hunting)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 10:24:34 am »
"any particular animals you had in mind? fur pelts, or hides?" he asked as he headed out the door stopping for a moment "I don't suppose I can borrow a knife, I don't currently posses anything with which to skin the animals"

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 10:36:52 am »
"Oh, you're poorer than I thought... Here's a knife, keep it.  As for pelts... I could use some big teeth for a decoration. You can hunt any animals but bear's would be the best."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 11:01:31 am »
"well, I just recently left the temple, but thank you sir"
(do I get to say how many I take down?)
he headed out and started searching for bears, he found one quickly, luckily they were slow enough to dodge, all he really had to do was jump them from behind and slash their throats, afterwards he'd skin them and load the better cuts of meat into his pack, he stayed out a considerable amount of time, until he noticed the sun falling, his pack bulging with meat, he headed back to take the fur to the tailor, it was fairly difficult dragging it all back so he  used his knife to cut a piece of bamboo and draped the furs on the ends to carry them back.

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 11:26:58 am »
(you took down 9 bears, but 2 of the hides are damaged)

While heading back to the town, Jaggerjack notices an older lizard person wondering around the woods bending over evey now and then.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 11:41:23 am »
"hey, whatcha doing?" he wandered over to him curiously

(only 9 in an entire day?)

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 12:19:26 pm »
(The forest isn't huge, and it wasn't morning when you were in town, 9 should be a success)

"I don't see a way of that being your business" he was collecting mushrooms and herbs "your pressence is bothering me"  he said coldly "leave please"

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2014, 12:33:39 pm »
"okay then, good luck...whatever you are doing" he walked back to the tailors shop "I'm back, I have nine pelts"

Offline greenfox

• Species: Fox
  • struct fox_t = { .color = COLOR_GREEN };
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2014, 01:05:31 pm »
Dasiwe gives up trying to sleep as sunlight begins to strengthen.  "There's never anything to see here, I think its time to get out for a bit." he says himself.  Gathering the travel items he had been unconsciously setting aside for a while, he quickly began to make a pack.  He considers his plan, and decides to leave abruptly and without notice to anyone.  He wants to head toward Erinoth, with the intent of seeing mountains.
"Vira pyveþ maze lirno kaietello jai."
I am only a lone man with ten-thousand dreams.

Weasyl: http://www.weasyl.com/~quyk

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2014, 01:34:08 pm »
Tailor studies the leather hides "Hmm nice nice, I see you've worked hard enough. 9 hides... 2 aren't in their best shape..." he scratches his head thinking... He does that a lot. "You know what? I'll give you 40 gold pieces for all of them. You even get to keep the knife. Sounds good enough?" Suddenly, a lizard man walks in the shop "Hey, have you finished that bag I've requested?" He said while walking in. When he notices you, he says "I believe we've already met before." The tailor interrupts "He brought me the leather I'll use for your bag, you should thank him" - "Is that so?" he said without emotion "I am sorry for the cold words back then, I had ... a problem"

Meanwhile, Dasiwe set out for a journey towards the End beach, travelling in a self made air bubble. After a while, he came into a fortified village drowned underwater, houses ruined, impaled by hard rock spikes. Dark clouds of dirt still floating around, an injured man lying on the floor, sitting against a house with a bucket on his head.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2014, 01:38:17 pm »
"forty sounds decent...if I can ask a favor" he turned to the stranger "oh,it's no trouble, but would your problem be anything I could assist you with?"

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2014, 02:52:11 pm »
"If you are serious...  Just follow me."  after some time, you arrive to a little hut. "There are some people I need protection from..." he handles you a letter

We propose that you halt your business or the consequences could be radical

"You know, I'm an alchemist and I was watching you while you were out hunting. They threaten me and I can't defend. I'm willing to teach you my craft if you save my life. "

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2014, 02:54:40 pm »
"Alchemy is a combination of magic and science, I am physically unable to use magic, but if indeed you need protection, I maybe able to help you"

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2014, 03:07:31 pm »
(not fma, meaning potions, salves, poisons...)

"Actually, alchemy is all about knowledge. All you have to do is know what to mix in, nature has everything you need. I can see that you are unable to weave spells, that is why being able to make a cure or something small would be of use to you. But if that is what you want, I will not force you. "

Offline greenfox

• Male
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2014, 03:33:42 pm »
Dasiwe hurries over to the stranger, bringing him into the air bubble.  Removing the bucket from his head, he asks "What happened here?  Is there anyone else?"
He hopes the man can last long enough to give a strait answer.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2014, 03:48:42 pm »
(not fma, meaning potions, salves, poisons...)

"Actually, alchemy is all about knowledge. All you have to do is know what to mix in, nature has everything you need. I can see that you are unable to weave spells, that is why being able to make a cure or something small would be of use to you. But if that is what you want, I will not force you. "

(that isn't just FMA that's the actual dictionary definition of alchemy)
"oh ok, so you speak of the school of brewing, i'd be glad to learn a little"

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2014, 04:55:17 pm »
"We did too much...." he panted, swallowing the air rich with oxigen. "This war has brought us...  pant pant...  nothing except despair and sorrow. I wish we never tried to leave."  he talked filled with sadness "This was our last fortress towards Erinoth, if..  pant...  you want to pursue your path,  you must hide your origin"

(oh, I'm sorry,  in games, brewing is referred to as alchemy, brewing it is then)

"Today at midnight I believe, they will come for me. Do you have a weapon? If not, our blacksmith isn't a bad, but since you are trained in martial arts I believe it's not a must. "

Offline greenfox

• Male
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2014, 06:06:10 pm »
"This I know; I will be careful." he says.  He glances about, then looks guiltily back at the man, "do you need help?  I don't know how long I can stay."

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2014, 06:19:24 pm »
"No...  just leave me here. I am calm now and can go in peace. I wish you best lu.."  He let his last breath, dissolving into the ocean.

Offline greenfox

• Male
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2014, 06:34:25 pm »
Dasiwe stares horrified at the man for a moment, then turns away and walks out of the city.  He travels swiftly towards Erinoth, eventually emerging from the waters in a bizarre marshy area.  "This is not where I expected to end up." he thinks to himself.  While getting his bearings, he is unable to tell if mysterious noises are phantoms of his imagination.  A light mist has obscured visibility, but Dasiwe uses a bit of magic to create a small buffer of air to ward of the chilling fog.