Author Topic: Highschool Furries  (Read 24066 times)

Offline Ruii

• slightly eccentric
  • Female
Re: Highschool Furries
« Reply #175 on: February 25, 2013, 04:45:32 am »
I am in highschool, freshman, but when I was in 8th, there was this Senior who used to have a skunk hoodie and backpack with a tail on it on my bus, (middle and high are on the same bus, never actually got to talk to her though) but other than my half-furry friends, (they like anthros, have pokesonas, those are close enough to fursonas, my cousin/only female friend in my town, wore a tail to school on haloween, but to my knowledge they don't really know much about the fandom.) my school is wonderfully tolerant of furries, no dress code, the teachers are cool with my brand of crazy, so they were not really surprised when I wore my tail brown cat tail. (I wore one all last week :)) the kids either loved it or didn't notice it, but I don't think anybody knows what a furry is...

Offline Aedus

• Species: Fox
  • Male
« Reply #176 on: April 10, 2013, 09:00:36 pm »
I'm a sophomore tryin to make it through till college. Right now I don't know of anyone at my school knows what a furry is. With how redneck most of my classmates are I don't think being openly furry is a good decision for me. I guess small town furries don't find other furs often.

Offline dodbringr

« Reply #177 on: April 10, 2013, 09:13:24 pm »
@Zypher
Not to sound creepy or anything, but what state are you in? You mentioned redneck classmates, and it rung a bell with us. We thought just maybe you somehow went to the same school as us.  :)

Offline Aedus

• Male
« Reply #178 on: April 10, 2013, 09:18:38 pm »
I don't mind giving away the state name, so it's not creepy. South Carolina

Offline Plantan

• Species: The only Collie, Sugar Glider, Raccoon Hybrid
  • The sun is gone, but I have a light.
  • Male
« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2013, 03:56:45 am »
I'm a freshman now....hahahaaha and nobody other than my bestie is a furry hahahaha and my school is about 600 kids from prek thgrough 12th grade....so about 40 per class......(:
The loveliest day I ever had, was the day when tomorrow never came.

Offline Holly Wolf

• No.
  • Female
« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2013, 03:11:00 pm »
Homeschooled. I assume I'd be a sophomore , maybe? Not an expert with public school anymore.

Nevertheless, I'd keep my furriness to myself, until someone catches me drawing anthro animals in class. I wouldn't wear paws or bark, but maybe I'd occasionally come in while wearing a fursuit or wearing a tail.
Avast! Hold tight your buns, if buns you do hold dear. For time has come to wake and run and not give way to fear!

Furtopia's own hater girl.

Offline Plantan

• Species: The only Collie, Sugar Glider, Raccoon Hybrid
  • The sun is gone, but I have a light.
  • Male
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2013, 04:00:20 am »
Omg! my school is about the same size (about 40 per class) and my friend measlehound and i are irl besties... because we go to the same school...and yeah.... (:
The loveliest day I ever had, was the day when tomorrow never came.

Offline Atlas Zeth

• No more sunlight, please.
  • Male
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2013, 05:34:51 am »
I'm just out of high schoo-

Oh wait, no I'm not, not technically at least. I /would/ be out of high school, only, I chose to do year 12 over two years. I'm uh... not sure what the equivalent would be in the American school system.

Offline FurryGayBoy

• Male
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2013, 05:32:10 am »
As far as I know, I'm the only furry at my school, but I strongly doubt it.  I do have my suspections.

Offline Liamb763

• Generic Wolf
  • Male
« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2013, 04:49:41 pm »
I'm probably the only furry at my school. One of my friends is a brony and knows what the fandom is, hes ok with it. Lone wolf here I guess (pun intended). That, or people are just shy about it.
"Sometimes I go to my own little world. They know me there."-Albert Einstein. Fur code:FCWf3a A C- D++ H+ M P+ R- T+++ W-- Z Sm-- RLU a- cn++ d- e-- f- h* i+ j- p+ sm#

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Sciex is not a disney wolf
  • Male
« Reply #185 on: June 11, 2013, 02:33:43 am »
just graduated from middle school and starting summer break my middle school was full of haters, im sure i was the only one.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #186 on: June 11, 2013, 07:15:40 am »
I just graduated high school last week so...but anyway I honestly felt that I was the only Furry there that I know of. I thought someone else was but I never asked her before she moved away.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Drakkon

• Looking for buds to hang with :3
  • Male
« Reply #187 on: June 12, 2013, 02:04:15 pm »
I'm just going into ninth grade I'm going to wear a tail and maybe a collar and maybe I'll get lucky and find another furry.  (:
I'd rather die on paws then live on feet.

Offline Dragon32

• Livin' that wolf life :)
  • Male
« Reply #188 on: August 09, 2013, 03:24:06 pm »
Finally going into my senior year, and man, I've only found about 3 other furries at my school, wish I had found more but I'm glad that I found the one's I did. :D
And a little advice to incoming freshman, just be yourself! :D
XBL GT: InS Wolf (feel free to add me!)
paintball ♥ go team Dynasty!
Hopefully gonna start making my own fursuit sometime this month ^.^
Fursona made by my good friend from school. :)

Offline Odessa_x

• Wolf at heart
  • Female
« Reply #189 on: November 19, 2013, 08:13:17 pm »
 :)
Yep, I'm currently in highschool.
I actually found out about furry from my really good friend Zira. I've always always been an animal lover and I didn't even know this thing existed.
Some of my friends don't really get it but that's okay, and some think it's cool.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Sciex is not a disney wolf
  • Male
« Reply #190 on: November 20, 2013, 12:08:41 am »
so far only people i know are furs are me and my brother. freshmen in high school and my brother is a junior. thought about being open about being a furry a few times but there isn't much need for that

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #191 on: December 15, 2013, 05:04:34 pm »
I'm in my last year of school next year. It's only late this year that I became a Furry :D I don't know if anyone else in my School is a Furry and I've only told my close friends. I think it's just one of those things that most people aren't open about to strangers. So atm I've got my friends but none of them are Furries :o

I go to quite a small school in Australia. There is around 65 students in my Highschool (Not including primary which is about 100 - havent counted lately)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 05:09:32 pm by Zoo ^__^ »

Offline the lone shadow wolf

• Species: eurasion wolf with a little silver fox
  • dont mind me just telecomuting from the darkness
  • Male
« Reply #192 on: March 11, 2014, 11:39:51 pm »
 no one has the slietest thought of me being a furry but i just dont know how i could alternatively say a reason why i would be wearing a collar (besides the fact i wear a camo coat in public) should i say that i am into punk fasion, im reasing awareness about animal cruelty or just say cause i feel like it :)
I will see you all soon
in the future :goldgrin:

if you wish to find me elsewere look here
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theloneshadowwolf/

check out my latest art here V
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

Offline Doc

• Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2015, 03:58:39 pm »
I am currently a freshman in highschool. There are 56 people in the whole highschool and 21 of that is the freshman class. There are two bronies in my school, and I think one of my classmates is furry.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
  • Female
« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2015, 06:23:41 pm »
Locked due to gravvedigging.

If a topic has not been posted in within the last six months, please make a new thread about it :)

Avatar by Shibara,  sig by Miser

0.1.0 carrot tail leopard gecko, Gelbstoff
0.1.0 bearded dragon, Dany
0.0.1 amel stripe het hypo corn snake, Vivec