Creating more job searching/training programs, housing programs, drug and alcohol rehab programs, etc. will help to get people back on their feet.
Australia makes unemployed people on welfare use 'employment agencies'. All these agencies are owned by rich people and the majority (pretty much all of them) are corrupt. They forge documents and claim money from the government illegally. Essentially, they tell the government they've found people jobs when they haven't. They also say they've helped people look for work, when they haven't. The Australian government ignores this situation because they don't want to admit that all this corruption is happening and that it is their fault. They claim employment rates are up, this is a lie! The only thing these employment agencies do is make rich people richer. It is a waste of government spending. People are perfectly capable of finding jobs themselves!
Source: ABC NEWS, 4 Corners Investigation
Depending on various conditions of people (Health, Disability, Transportation issues, etc.), then force the people who can or are still capable of doing some work to do community services in order to continue collecting welfare entitlements. If a person wants that $750 or more welfare check each month, then that person needs to go out and do certain or specified community service chores for specified number of hours each week or month in order to get his/her welfare entitlements.
What a great idea. The government can save money by forcing people to do work for welfare. This means they no longer have to actually hire and pay someone to do these jobs.
The community service chores won't be pretty or glorified, but it will get the "lazy bums" off their butts and outside helping the community and interacting with people.
Of course an older person such as yourself would think that. That is what the media portrays after all. Those lazy millennials that are so privileged.
Problems the younger generation face:
- Their wages are worth less due to the devaluation of money and lack of increased wages.
- There is a surplus of over educated people. This makes finding a job harder as well as creates a vast amount of debt in student loans.
- Many face mental health issues. This is due to many things.
- It takes longer to find a minimum wage job as businesses are slow to hire and there and there are many people competing for a single job.
- Due to the devaluation of money and the ridiculous housing market many will not be able to afford to buy a home in their lifetime.
- Doctors over-diagnose and misdiagnose mental illnesses for the sake of profiting drug companies.
- Absurd obesity rates caused by several things. (The success of many fast food companies, the sugar industry, bad health education and advice, processed foods, etc.)
The list go on. There are many problems that this generation faces because of the greed of the older generations. The media likes to portray 'millennials' as lazy and unemployed. They would like you to believe that this is their fault. And it's not, wake up!