Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
general non-furry discussion / Re: SCIENCE
« Last post by Varg the wanderer on Today at 08:18:01 pm »
Lately, the results of scientific analysis sometimes depends upon who is writing the check. There are quacks out there who have determined their benefactor's desire, then skew the results of a study to support that view. Like the alchemists of yore, claiming to turn base metal into gold for their royal sponsors.

This, and the overly heavy push on Professors to publish is why many pharmaceutical companies are only relying on in-house research instead of learning for that done by universities. Since this research can be expensive, it greatly drives up the cost of future drugs.
general non-furry discussion / Re: SCIENCE
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on Today at 06:26:14 pm »
Lately, the results of scientific analysis sometimes depends upon who is writing the check. There are quacks out there who have determined their benefactor's desire, then skew the results of a study to support that view. Like the alchemists of yore, claiming to turn base metal into gold for their royal sponsors.
A coworker and I save the plastic "medicine dropper" pipettes to reuse for hobby purposes. I save aluminum lemonade cans to use as .22, BB and pellet gun targets before recycling them. I've been repurposing 46 oz. steel cans (that Tomato Juice comes in) as DIY campstoves and bins for various sizes of cartridge brass. Finially, I pick up the cartridge brass I find, clean & polish, and remanufacture it into ammunition again--for myself and a few friends. I also save spent model rocket motors...
general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on Today at 05:47:58 pm »
A population of Brown Recluse spiders was found in an unheated garage about ten miles west of Flint, MI. :o

Also, I got a scratch on my lower leg from a faulty zipper in my vintage Bundeswehr track suit pants.
Marching in a local parade Friday afternoon in fursuit. Maybe get some fried walleye takeout.
the polling booth / Re: Furry Conventions - What do you like?
« Last post by Glycanthrope on Today at 03:51:13 pm »
I normally attend Eurofurence (in Berlin), and there are always good panel discussions for writers. It's great to be in a place where furry writing is taken
seriously.  Apart from that, I enjoy suiting up and attending the annual furwalk.

poetry corner / Re: Freaks of Noture - New series of Photo poetry
« Last post by Glycanthrope on Today at 03:37:01 pm »
word games / Re: The Ban Game
« Last post by Rainy on Today at 03:26:11 pm »
Banned for favoring fursuits over plushies.
the polling booth / Re: War with North Korea?
« Last post by Loc on Today at 02:37:23 pm »
If there is, it'll be Trump starting it. I just hope the UK doesn't get drawn into his crazy as crap plans.
the polling booth / Re: War with North Korea?
« Last post by cause the rat on Today at 02:26:25 pm »
NK is a bigger threat to those around them than they are the US. KN is seriously lacking in modern warfare equipment and training. China, South K and Japan are more than enough to put them in check.  This doesn't account for trump being a mad man with a gun. He is the only week link in an otherwise intelligent chain.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10