Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
general non-furry discussion / Re: Happy Thanksgiving!
« Last post by Kobuk on November 22, 2017, 03:01:21 pm »
The fastest way to cook a turkey!  :D  Anybody like extra crispy?  :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuofC5mEjv8
general non-furry discussion / Happy Thanksgiving!
« Last post by Kobuk on November 22, 2017, 11:53:59 am »
Just want to wish everyone here a Happy Thanksgiving! :) Have fun, but stay safe if traveling this holiday. And if your fursona is a turkey or deer, you may wish to hide somewhere before the hunters or carnivores get you. ;)  :D  :goldbloody:

general non-furry discussion / Re: T G I F What are you doing this weekend?
« Last post by Kobuk on November 22, 2017, 11:47:23 am »
Thanksgiving with my mom and grandmother the next two days. Not sure what I am doing on Sat. and Sun.
news forum / Re: FCC plans to deregulatie Internet neutralization
« Last post by Kobuk on November 22, 2017, 11:46:06 am »
This isn't exactly new news as this has been floating around news circles for months. But.......it's always good to keep up to date with any recent developments. ;) I'm praying Net Neutrality doesn't die. But with the way Trump wants things, it may happen. :(
http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/21/technology/fcc-net-neutrality/index.html?sr=fbCNN112117fcc-net-neutrality1109PMStoryLink
news forum / FCC plans to deregulatie Internet neutralization
« Last post by Old Rabbit on November 22, 2017, 09:28:58 am »
Well Trump and the GOP are at it again. The FCC plans on
voting in mid december to deregulate the internet so big
buisness can charge users more to watch videos and sports
events. Not just for faster connections, but to set your data
rate according to your use. They could slow data for a video
stream to discurage people watching a sports or any video
feed of their choice.  To one their ISP prefers. Some may
already be doing this even though it's currently against FCC
rules. Soon it may be legal.

I think this is partly due to the large communications providers
not wanting to upgrade their data systems. By reducing data
needs they can put it off. Meanwhile millions of people in rural
areas have to live with slow internet if they even have it at all.

The big ISP venders tried to get this done in 2014, but due to
large protests, and Obama voting to keep the net
neutral it was stopped. Now they are back apparently
big buisness feels a big buisness friendly congress and
president will make it possible, and they may be right.

For more information about this attack on our freedom, click
on the  iink below.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/11/21/565682679/fcc-unveils-plan-to-repeal-net-neutrality-rules

news forum / Re: Trump the GOP and Democrats. A new path or more of the same.
« Last post by Old Rabbit on November 21, 2017, 11:18:49 am »
Trump day 305
President Trump was on the phone with Putin for an hour. One
wonders who was talking to who. Trump seems to be sending
the world a message that we no longer care how people are
treated around the world. Turing over them over to the tender
mercies of authoritarian leaders of Russia, China and others.
It's true we can't police the world, but if we don't stand for
human rights, who will?

Trum made sure Texas, and Florida got all the help they
needed after the hurricanes hit, but to our american
citizens in Puerto Rico and the Virgin islands. They
can help them selves. After 2 months they are mostly
without electrical power, and the army is leaving.

Trump has been quiet about the senate race in Alabama.
Apparently afraid to remind the public of his sexual
wrongdoing.
furry greetings / Re: Hello fellow friends (i'm new to the fandom OK?)
« Last post by Old Rabbit on November 21, 2017, 10:59:51 am »
Welcome to furtopia LM1.

"Tosses you a chohcolate chip cookie of welcome."

Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the gold-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
foodie furs / Re: Home made bread. From traditional to no knead refrigerator.
« Last post by cause the rat on November 21, 2017, 01:58:05 am »
I look at cook books every now and then. Noticed there's a new five book set on bread. Then got sticker shock. Amazon has it for $532.88. But you do get free shipping.  :) Now this book has a bit over 1200 bread recipes.  So if you tried them all. Say three new loaves a week. That's almost 7 3/4 years. Overkill? Way over the top. Breaking the price down this fives book set offers each recipe at .44. Is that reasonable? My favorite book has 314 recipes. The latest print can be had by Amazon for $19.37. Cheaper by other sellers. If my favorite book's recipes cost .44 each? It would cost  138.16. Not only is that five book set excessive but way over priced.

The moral of the post is. If you do decide to get a few books there's things to stay away from.
One. Don't buy a picture book. Your paying for less recipes, less techniques and less needed knowledge.  if you really need to look at pretty pictures do a google search.
Two. Stay away from one trick ponies. An entire book of wheat bread. A book of 100 variations of pizza dough. And i could go on. I've seen them. These book offer little for the new baker.
Three. A book with a very small selection of bread. And a very big selection of cakes and pastries. If your looking to learn bread. Get a book that focuses only on breads.

What to look for.
A book that has recipes spanning different grains and styles. With well written instructions and illustrations on techniques. Because this book will give you the option of exploring new breads. Perhaps things you've never thought or heard of.

Remember it's not how many recipes you have. It's how many you make that counts. Out of the 314 in my favorite bread book I've only made 5. All five tasted differently. All made with the same flour. I even modded one of the recipes and like the mod better than the original. One good book could give you a lifetime of great breads.
furry greetings / Re: Hello fellow friends (i'm new to the fandom OK?)
« Last post by Movian on November 20, 2017, 05:21:57 pm »
Hi!

Hope you enjoy your stay! 

I have pokemon X but due to reasons I wont go into not sure I can bring myself to play it again just yet but if that changes I will message you!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10