Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
word games / Re: What are you listening to right now?
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on Today at 10:02:50 pm »
Tina's imaginary horse, Jerico, is doing a little soft shoe on Bob's Burgers. Hilarious.
word games / Re: Hilarious, dumb, or very unknown facts!
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on Today at 09:55:29 pm »
A vixen may be helped by a sister in raising the litter. Vixens have also been known to adopt orphan kits.
word games / Re: Quotes...
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on Today at 09:50:00 pm »
"We will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate anyone who does."~Cadet Honor Code--USAF Academy
word games / Re: Avatar caption game
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on Today at 09:43:52 pm »
Who's up for pizza bagels! I have the perfect spatula!
the polling booth / Re: Sports, and the National Anthem.
« Last post by Varg the wanderer on Today at 08:41:55 pm »
Free speech. The government should stay out of it, and the teams should think very hard about what they want the world to think about them. I wouldn't let a person who didn't stand play, because I would see my team as a representative of the city it was from. Just like if they went to a foreign game, I would expect them to stand for that anthem too.

But the government should keep it's damn hands out of it.
furry greetings / Re: * Nervously waves paw* Hello everyone
« Last post by Sither on Today at 06:56:28 pm »
Hello and thanks everyone. Definitely enjoying myself here .
general non-furry discussion / Re: Star Trek Discovery
« Last post by cause the rat on Today at 04:46:26 pm »
Pay only seems to say they know this wont generate enough capital on it's own. After the reboot movies complete lack of the original cannon. After the very hard to watch 'Star Trek Enterprise' I'd have to say no. I watched the original. Really liked 'the next generation'. Liked some of the sci fi in 'deep space nine' and 'voyager'.  Not going to speculate on this new one. But not expecting anything good either.
general non-furry discussion / Star Trek Discovery
« Last post by Kobuk on Today at 03:44:30 pm »
Star Trek Discovery premieres tomorrow. :)
http://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-discovery/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Discovery

While I wish I could say that I'll be watching it.........I won't. Not because I probably wouldn't like it. But rather because of CBS's need to have a subscription for watching it and only making it available on the CBS All Access network only.  >:(

Just from the trailers only, the show appears to look good, but the jury is still out as for the design of the new ship, the USS Discovery. Many Star Trek fans are kinda split as to liking or hating the new design of the ship.

Anybody else looking forward to this series? What are your thoughts?
« Last post by cause the rat on Today at 02:38:45 pm »
Agree with it or not it's free speech. No sports team or company owns an individual's rights. That's called slavery. As a country we do not have the constitutional rights to force someone into submission. They are not government employees. They are not members of the armed forces. They are Americans. Americans are protected by the constitution. Like it or not it's free speech.

Trump is a dictator. Trump supports and is strongly supported by the alt right and nazi groups. Trump is not someone who would lead this country into supporting an individuals constitutional rights. Unless those rights are the alt right or nazi. He has no problems supporting or even pardoning them.
« Last post by Kobuk on Today at 02:21:23 pm »
I'm a bit "on the fence" on this issue. While I do understand that some players are upset by various things that are going on in the U.S. right now and they feel the need to protest and/or be vocal about it, the playing field at a sports game is the wrong place to do it IMO. If they want to protest, then fine. Just do it somewhere else. Kneeling/protesting at a sports game is just wrong and shows a lot of disrespect for our country, the people who defend it, the sports community, etc.  >:(

Suspensions, Firings, and/or Bannings are too strong IMO. Long before kneeling ever became an issue, I've been a proponent of reducing player's salaries as they are too incredibly high. Therefore, my recommendation is to reduce a player's salary every time that player kneels during a game. Or even better yet, have the player lose any advertising endorsements.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10