Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
furry lite™ / Re: Fursuit Pickup Lines
« Last post by Kobuk on Today at 03:03:37 pm »
They say that you provide quality hugs. May I have a demonstration?

Now that would be a good line to give at a furry convention!  :D
furry greetings / Re: A cat comes by
« Last post by Kobuk on Today at 03:01:14 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia and enjoy your stay. :)
general non-furry discussion / Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Last post by Citr on Today at 12:51:48 pm »
What really grinds my gears is when some of my friends don't take me seriously when I politely ask them not to touch me. They think it's real humorous to touch me even more when I've told them when I don't like being touched! I already feel gross about myself and making fun of my personal boundaries isn't making it any better.

People who complain, then sit back and wait for
someone else to fix a problem. Then fuss because
they  didn't fix it right.

This is the worst, it's rude enough to expect others do everything for them but then having the audacity to complain about it being wrong is almost a whole new level of being obnoxious.  :o
general furry discussion / Re: Discovering your fursona
« Last post by Michen_S on Today at 11:56:46 am »
*sigh* Oh, I really love telling this story. Why don't you take a seat...

One night I was lying in bed thinking about what animal I would be if I was one. It would be a feline that didn't mind the cold that much. The first thought that popped in me was 'snow leopard'. A species I hadn't heard much of. One Wikipedia article later, I decided a snow leopard would be interesting to be, so I stuck with it. I especially didn't consider an other species anymore after watching the series "the snow leopards of leafy London". I saw to my surprise snow leopards can get along really well with humans in captivity (depending on several factors, of course). I know I saw this series well after I made my fursona I know and love, but it still plays a role in the story nevertheless.

Originally I was going to make a blue anthro, but that didn't go that well. Then I decided to make my fursona a normal-colored feral. It appeared to be a good choice, so I decided to keep that. I think my own animalistic tendencies might've helped with that as well. I kept them able to understand and use human speech to be able to have normal conversations with others, during RPs and outside. Their age, however, was meant to reflect a normal snow leopard's life expectation in captivity. Looking for the age of maturity and their life expectancy, I quickly found a way to get around the problem. If I took my age in months and divided it by 5.5 to get their age in months, I could get away with it easily. So that's what I did.

The sex of my fursona was a bit more complicated. It was either male or neither. I eventually chose for neither and found agender as gender identity in the process. I mostly decided this so they (and I) would not have any gender boundaries to work with (or at least less), and partly to stay out of trouble if I ever got into the dark side of the fandom. Turns out I never needed the last reason, but the first one has helped several times.

Now that I had a species and a sex I could decide on the fursona's name. I wanted a name that was sex-neutral, creative and based of Christianity, my personality and my species. Later I added Dutch as an additional classification, and that's how I found the name Michen Sneeuwhart. "Michen" was derived from the Christian name "Michael", and for the surname I combined "snow" and "heart". One Google later I discovered that Michen was only used as a surname before, so it would make for a great permanent name. A name I could use pretty much everywhere. By the way, I pronounce the first name as 'me-gun' rather than 'mitchen'. It's a mistake many people make if they don't the story behind the name.

I always wanted to base my fursona's personality on mine. In the beginning I just built the personality of my character, using my personality as a basis. However, whilst I was creating my fursona, I discovered animal/furry transformations. It intrigued me to no end. So, keeping transformations in mind, I decided I should do a brave attempt at making my character answer the following question: if I transformed into a talking feral tame-ish snow leopard, how would I think and act? I decided that if I ever made a backstory about my fursona that would definitely come back, but I haven't done anything about that so far.

The last thing are my fursona's markings and clothing. Originally Michen had a cross on their forehead, but that has disappeared by now. Michen has a scarf they almost always wear, which is a reference to my necklage. They also have a bandage around the lower part of their right foreleg, mostly to make my fursona better distinguishable. The bandage has no other use, except acting as leg support.

That was the story of my main fursona so far... I'm looking forward to time adding more. And I will save my secondary characters for later...
traditional and digital artwork / Re: Iara's Artwork
« Last post by Old Rabbit on Today at 10:08:16 am »
They are feathered dinosaurs, but ducks do belong to that category! Glad you like them, Old Rabbit.  :)

No problem. I understand birds in general are descendants of dinosaurs. Feathers
and all. I wonder if the big ancestors of chickens crowed at sunrise. If they did it
was praobably rather noisy at sunrise.  :D
general non-furry discussion / Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Last post by Old Rabbit on Today at 09:48:49 am »
People who complain, then sit back and wait for
someone else to fix a problem. Then fuss because
they  didn't fix it right.

Seems to be a favorite pastimes of americans.  :P
Trump day 267
President Trump continues adding to his shame over his argument and lack
of respect for the family of the fallen soldier he started last week. Trump is
unable to apologize for anything he does, no matter how bad.

It's this crazy way of thinking that could cause us to end up in a war. I hope
his supporters hold Trump responsible for his bad actions as well as those
they feel are good. The GOP sure hasn't.

Trumps test walls are almost finished. He will go to the site where they built
them to check out how they look and perhpas watch someone try to scale
them. Well they won't keep drugs, and people who are determined to cross.
Reports show boarder crossings are the lowest in many years. A big problem
that gets little attention is it will disrupt migrations of wild animals. I am sure
cares little for the migration problems of wild animals. Many wild animals
migrate accross the region every year.

GOP
Our friendly GOP wants to reduce the amount of money people can put in IRA's
that isn't taxable. From 18,000.00 a year to 2,400.00 a year. Why? To pay for
the big tax cuts for corporations and the rich fat cats like Trump. I wonder if
Trumps supporters like that? Trump is claiming it's not true, but it's in the GOP
proposal in the new tax bill.

Trump claims the new tax bill will give workers pay raises, because of the tax
savings to Corporations. Why not just cut taxes for the workers instead? Big
business never passes along tax savings to anyone but stock holders.
and most big stock holders don't need the money except to feed their greed.
« Last post by Sither on Today at 07:42:50 am »
Yay another new member!! Welcome!!
« Last post by Movian on Today at 07:10:28 am »
as another newer face welcome!

^_^
« Last post by Citr on Today at 04:42:21 am »
Thanks to everyone for the pleasant welcome! Even though I had a bit of trouble with the security questions while registering, it was all worth it since this place seems great.  :D My eyes and constantly aching head also love the dark theme.

Hmm... I think I'm having a déjà vu.
It must be since I also remember you from Furry Forums!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10