Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
general furry discussion / Re: Roar.
« Last post by Loc on Today at 02:07:47 pm »
We have an IRC that is still very active at certain times of day, if you just want to chat to people.
furry lite™ / Re: Has anyone seen the new IKEA advert?
« Last post by Kobuk on Today at 12:10:36 pm »
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing the actor in the fursuit is very visually impaired.  There's not much there to look through.

That's what I mentioned before. ;)
No large tearduct areas or other openings for the actor to see through the head. I'm guessing the actor would have to be very good at pantomime or other performance actions to act in a suit with little or no visibility. Might even be taking cues from the director off screen too with the director saying when to move the arms, when to stand, and so forth.
general furry discussion / Re: Roar.
« Last post by Kobuk on Today at 12:06:55 pm »
Is there a point to this thread?
« Last post by cause the rat on Today at 11:31:43 am »
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing the actor in the fursuit is very visually impaired.  There's not much there to look through. 
furry greetings / Re: Happy Birthday.
« Last post by Old Rabbit on Today at 10:57:55 am »
Happy birthday to you Sling.

"Hope you have a fine day."

"Tosses you some chocolate chip cookies and a big cupcake
with  a candle on it."

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
general furry discussion / Roar.
« Last post by Sir_Party_Snax on Today at 04:15:53 am »
I dunno...
Wanna hang? ...
*Points at a monkey*
« Last post by Sir_Party_Snax on Today at 04:13:28 am »
It's just me chilling out.  8)
furry lite™ / Re: furson's weapon of choice?
« Last post by Sir_Party_Snax on Today at 04:11:04 am »
A star powered hammer of true destruction!

The holy hand grenade of creation!

A tennis ball!
traditional and digital artwork / Re: Holt5's Artwork
« Last post by Holt5 on December 11, 2017, 10:31:15 pm »

foodie furs / Re: Home made bread. From traditional to no knead refrigerator.
« Last post by cause the rat on December 11, 2017, 11:02:50 am »
My latest experiment. I'm doing this before asking about it. That's why it's an experiment. Probably has more to do with I'm a guy. And as I man I typically don't follow directions well. :) Been watching vids on youtube about no knead bread. They all seem to have two things in common. They are all made with few ingredients. They are all very wet doughs for bread. So I did it differently. I made a batch of the bread I've been eating for a few weeks now. I had to incorporate the shortening by melting it. And I added 1/4 cup more water to make a sticky dough. This sticky dough sat overnight. This morning I preheated my oven to 400. That's 50 higher than what the original recipe calls for. I placed my dutch oven in and let it heat up for 30 minutes. Turned my dough out onto a piece of parchment paper. Worked it a bit to re aerate.  Formed it all into one saggy ball and let it sit covered until the dutch oven (DO)was hot enough. With the DO ready I rubbled flour on the outside of the now risen glob of dough. Scored the top to allow steam to escape. Placed it in the oven and then turned the temp back down to 350. The bread is now doing it's thing. The only thing I have left to do is uncover it for the last 15 minutes of baking. This will allow the top of the bread to brown up as well. Let you know how it does!turns out.

Here is one of the many vids on youtube about this technique.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRj5zpmgIlg

Some things.
The oven is a great place to let dough proof. If you have an oven with a incandescent light that bulb will work as a heat source. A 60 watt bulb is the most inefficient light bulb we have. This bulb creates a lot of heat. So it will keep your oven at a good 80+ when lit.

The bread recipe i used called for milk. So I put milk into my dough. This milk has been sitting in dough for 8 hours. Cheese? I'll find out soon.  :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10