I'm using windows 10. I actually like it better than windows 7. Although, Windows 10 does have some annoying things.
- Faster and more stable than windows 7 and 8 (My graphics card used to have a crashing issue in Windows 7)
- You can run windows store apps in windows on your desktop. Though I don't use apps much
- Better login and lock screen (Shows images customized to your preference)
- Boots to desktop instead of the tile/mobile mode. (Which is now hidden in the charms menu as Tablet mode)
- Start Menu looks better
- There is 2 different places for settings which is confusing. There is the Control Panel which is the normal one but then there is this other "Settings/ All Settings" Menu which has lots of other stuff hidden under different groups.
- Too many mobile settings (they've made it over complicated). There is the whole permission system for using Camera, Microphone, Sharing contact details etc...
- Cotana requires to many permissions to work and shes pretty useless in my experience. Windows 10 really is the NSA operating system.
- It's harder to search for files and settings. For example. If I type "Control Panel" into to search bar for the start menu then it just shows me internet search results. Where in windows 7 you'd be able to find the Control Panel using this method. You can just use CTRL + X to find the Control Panel now. I have it pinned to the start menu though.
Pro and Con:
Notification system: can be useful but also annoying. I had to disable notifications for a few apps that are enabled by default. My computer was giving me notifications for news articles. :/
I am starting to have a slight probelm with microsoft's enforcing of applications.
With the free win 10 you must get:
Mail & People,
and other stuff you may or may not want
I also can get microsoft office 13 free from uni.
However...It comes with
Office (excel, access, presentation, word)
skype for business
and loads of other stuff that you can't remove.
THere seems to be this all or nothing theme which i don't quite enjoy
due to it i can't have microsoft on my laptop cause its too small
I find it annoying when you just want to install one Microsoft Office program but it installs all of them x.x