I don't mean to disrespect anyone who's religious but listed below is why I don't believe in Christianity.
I dislike religion/don't believe in God because:
- I was forced to go to church as a kid
- They preach boring things (Usually it's the same thing or they have one thing drawn across several hours)
- The Bible is ambiguous and it can be interpreted as literal or figurative. Thus leading to several denominations and religious disputes
- I don't believe that a "god" is in control of every single thing. I find it stupid that people thing everything is caused by god. "It was Gods will"
- I've been to 3 weddings (all ended in divorce), 1 funeral and some of my family died when I was very young. (Mothers father, mothers stepfather, non-blood related Auntie whom was a neighbor). Some family I never knew because they died before I was born. People die all the time. It doesn't matter if your religious or not.
- I don't believe that god would make people suffer. If god existed then how come so many people suffer?
- I don't believe in heaven or hell. The concept of judgement and redemption does not make sense to me. If a good person never heard of Jesus do they go to hell? (there's allot of what if's) There are several ways that are all different concepts of how people get to heaven (Purgatory, asking god to forgive your sins, accepting Jesus, sacrificing animals, baptism)
- The whole "God hates fags" thing just annoys me.
- People make decisions based on religion and they are led as a crowd (it influences their ethics and they have trouble thinking about the actual issues). In Australia gay marriage is not legal and it is common practice for churches to preach against it because they don't want it to lead up to "bestiality" to be legalized. (stupid argument). They also don't want gay people to adopt children because they don't want the kids to be influenced by gay people.
- There are several religions based off the same god. Islam, Christianity and Judaism all believe in the same god. Judaism and Islam don't believe in Jesus and have different worship styles while Christianity believes in Jesus but is split into 41 thousand denominations which is because of opposed views and the ambiguity of the bible.
- If god did exist it is likely that the bible is a biased view from god's perspective.
- If Lucifer was an angel then how come he has the powers of a god?
- If god created us then who created god? Or did he just exist. Like us?
However... either way you look at it we somehow exist.
- So god made people live in a desert? that must of sucked.
- If god can move mountains and he is all powerful how come there is no divine intervention?
- There are rules made by religion to make sure that it continues though generations such as the 10 commandments (Bible), "don't test god", the right to kill anyone who does not conform to your religion (Quar'an) as well as the continued conversion of people to try to "save them" so that they can have eternal life. (No. I'm not racist. I've studied Islam and know that only religious extremists do this)
- People who preach continually that others must led god lead their lives or ask god what to do
- The whole. We are mortals, we are sinners, we are not worthy... pathetic thing.
- Anything to do with "sexual immorality" is a sin..(talking about thoughts when sexual attraction is natural)
- The large amount or religious hypocrites
- My parents telling me to read my bible when I have a view other than the one they get from their religious beliefs.
- People using the term "Atheists" incorrectly and thinking that anyone who is not in their religious faith is against them.
- Misconceptions spread about Evolution though religious communities.
- People who say that you can't live without god when other people are clearly doing that.
- People think that your either with "God" or "Lucifer". All the bad things are blamed on Lucifer even though God is supposedly in control.
- Religion can be used to control people, gain influence and capital.
"Faith" is believing in something that does not have proof. So stop trying to prove it!