Author Topic: FurIdaho - March 23-25, 2012  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Grizztof Grünwald

• Yay!
  • Male
FurIdaho - March 23-25, 2012
« on: March 01, 2012, 10:55:18 am »
www.furidaho.com

Hotel - http://furidaho.com/attending/hotel

This is a new convention!

I kinda spur-of-the moment decided I want to hit this con. I really need to find a room to share. If I don't find one, I'll probably drive there anyway with my fingers crossed. :P
Twitter: @grizztof
FA user: grizztof
Youtube channel: grizztof

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
Re: FurIdaho - March 23-25, 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 03:59:02 pm »
I feel bad... it's really close to me, but I don't think I'll have the money for the con  x_x
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

• Yay!
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 08:22:33 pm »
I did book a hotel room in the main building with two beds. I should be checking in by 8:00 pm Friday and checking out before 12:00 pm Sunday. If you are interested in sharing the room, pm me. For a quicker reply, check Furtopia IRC after 5:00 pm mountain time or message me on my Facebook www.facebook.com/grizztofgrunwald

• Yay!
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 04:54:02 pm »

On the way to the corner store, Evauk was like, "May as well hang upside down from a tree."
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 05:39:30 pm by Grizztof Grünwald »

• Yay!
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 08:09:35 am »
Good news: No car issues, only 30 minutes of navigational errors on the way to Boise. I found a few furs to share my room with. Lots of nice people. A lot of great moments.

• Yay!
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 07:19:23 pm »
Badge by Thay

I don't know, El, and Yuuryuu

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 07:43:07 pm »
Dude, looks like you're having fun! Any clue how many people are there?
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

• Yay!
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 08:55:30 pm »
Guesstimates are 70-120 people. Every moment I'm hanging with other furries I'm having fun.

Offline Mylo

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 11:58:20 pm »
This is so awesome!  Say, did you just meet these people at the con or did you know them before? 

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 01:08:40 am »
See, now that makes me sad I couldn't go. I live in Nevada, and that's not too far from Idaho. It's a bit of a drive from where I am, but much closer than Anthrocon. So sad I can't go to a con yet. :'(
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

• Yay!
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 01:24:07 am »
I knew or recognized a lot of furs through Facebook. I chatted or tagged along with them a lot. Also, I ended up sharing my room with some friends of a fb friend. Besides them being fun to hang out with, I got to meet even more new people through them. Today is basically over and tomorrow is going to mostly be a bummer - I have to leave before the con is actually over, I have a ten-hour drive ahead of me, and only a few panels interest me. Hopefully Something fun comes up so I can leave on a high note. I feel ther spectre of PCD waiting for me. :(

There have been some great highs and a fair number of disappointments during this con. Hopefully my experience at FurIdaho will help when I go to Califur in just under ten weeks - despite the inherent differences between the cons.

Furryglowstick, I was thinking of you when I stepped into the dances. There were a couple of serious glowstringers - one was in his suit. Yama (rabbit, bunny, hare - don't know which he is for sure).

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 01:35:51 am »
Oh man... and now I know that there will be ANOTHER con in California. That's even closer, and I can't go! >:( Darn. Someday, VICTORY SHALL BE MINE!!!

Also, cool some furry glowstringers. I can barely string without hitting my head... or....that....other...place...a guy.... doesn't want to be....hit in... :o ya. It hurts from time to time. I only know three moves, other than some basic wrap. But someday, I'll be stringing at a con, maybe in suit, maybe not. First thing's first, though. I NEED TO GET MYSELF TO A CON! Darn my teenage self! >:(
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

• Yay!
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 11:30:40 am »
I heard they ended up breaking 250 attendees! o.o I never would have guessed that. Maybe it was a room party con or something.

I have no idea who this was, but we walked by this suiter Friday night while the furry was waiting to be let in a room. This furry was playful, friendly, and funny - an example of what I love to see in a fursuiter.

I ended up leaving on a high note on Sunday afternoon. Got a bunch of hugs and skidaddled. Considering I only knew people through the internet - and none of them amazingly well - I was really pleased with how open and friendly most people were with me.