Author Topic: Furry Fiesta Feb. 24-26 2012  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Slifer

• Male
    • Facebook
Furry Fiesta Feb. 24-26 2012
« on: July 07, 2011, 02:44:04 pm »
I'm planning to go to FF 2012 and am already getting most things sorted out. I do have a few questions though.
1) Does the Pre-Registration on the website cover all three days?
2) What is the difference between attending, sponsor, and super sponsor?
3) I know super sponsors get a dinner with the GoH and such but what kind of gifts do you receive for the more expensive admission?
4) Does higher levels of admission get special permissions?
5) I am planning on arriving in Dallas, TX around 1:30 p.m. I have heard that some people share rooms to cut cost a little but I wouldn't know anyone and don't want to be rooming with any "unpleasant" people. How would I organize sharing a room and who handles booking?
That seems like a lot of questions but this will be my first con and I'm nervous and excited, I would appreciate any help. I have already read all of the topics in the First time tips? topic.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 01:21:01 am by Slifer »

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
Re: Furry Fiesta 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 11:45:28 pm »

I didn't see anything on the website that explicitly stated this, but for MFF, preregistration is for the entire convention; I wouldn't imagine that FF's policy would be different in this regard.

2) What is the difference between attending, sponsor, and super sponsor?
3) I know super sponsors get a dinner with the GoH and such but what kind of gifts do you receive for the more expensive admission?
4) Does higher levels of admission get special permissions?

This was buried in the con forums, and it looks like it might be subject to change.  Long story short, "look at the link for more details", "look at the previous quoted text", and "yes" (though, considering a recent post in that thread by someone whose username happens to be "Slifer", I think you may already know this...).

5) I am planning on arriving in Dallas, TX around 1:30 p.m. I have heard that some people share rooms to cut cost a little but I wouldn't know anyone and don't want to be rooming with any "unpleasant" people. How would I organize sharing a room and who handles booking?

I haven't actually hosted a hotel room for other furries for a con, so I can't help you with that.  I have asked to be taken in by a furry group for a room exactly once, so I'm inexperienced in that department as well.  Someone else could answer that question more effectively.

...Also, you may want to add the date of the convention to this thread's title.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Slifer

• Male
    • Facebook
Re: Furry Fiesta Feb. 24-26 2012
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 01:26:41 am »
Thanks Red and yes that was me on the other forum. If there will be a cool plushie I really think I'll go with the super sponsor. The dinner with the GoH will be awkward but meeting people could be cool. Since I will not be 21 in time for the con I would have to find someone to room with instead of hosting the room.

Offline NykVerien

• Male
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 05:29:46 pm »
I'm planning to go to FF 2012 and am already getting most things sorted out. I do have a few questions though.

Yes it does. This will be my 3rd time going and each time I have pre-registered. It is a lot less stressful.

Offline Kris

• My Furaffinity
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 08:04:01 pm »
Old thread is oollllllllld, but quite relevant still  (:

Going again this year, 3rd year in a row, caint wait!
Cheetahfluffs

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 06:28:05 pm »
I'm going to try to make this one. If It happens, it will be a last minute drive by kind of thing. :)
"Who am I to say where my possibly non-existent soul has or has not been."