Author Topic: Further Confusion 2012  (Read 2265 times)

Offline Tav Nymblewynd

• Male
    • http://tavnymblewynd.deviantart.com/
Further Confusion 2012
« on: October 09, 2011, 03:36:47 am »
Didn't see a thread up for 2012, so I thought I'd stick one up!   

Boy, I haven't been here in forever!  I feel like I stop by once very blue moon!

Anyway, looking forward to FC this year, hoping to suit more and meet new folks!

also, shameless plug goes here: i have a room with two spaces available currently.  I know its early to say such things, but gotta plan early!
As soon as your born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time. - Cake

<a href="http://tavnymblewynd.deviantart.com/" target="_blank">http://tavnymblewynd.deviantart.com/</a> <-- my DA

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
Re: Further Confusion 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 02:51:12 am »
I'll be at FurCon!  In fact, the programming people just agreed to give me a slot on the schedule for a reading on Sunday at 1PM in Willow Glenn I.  Last year, my reading at FurCon went really well.  It was pretty much my first reading at a con ever, so I was really nervous and didn't even know if anyone would come.  But I ended up with a great audience, and it was a lot of fun.  Anyway, here's the description for this year:

Title of panel:  A Reading by Mary E. Lowd
Description:  Mary will read a preview of "Otters In Space 2" and let the audience vote on which of her furry sci-fi/fantasy short stories she should read as a follow-up.

I hope I'll see some of you there!  (If not at my reading, then around the con in general.)
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 05:13:34 pm »
The schedule for FurCon has been posted:  http://www.furtherconfusion.org/fc2012/schedule/

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline LostWolf

• Male
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 10:12:37 am »
Anyone going to be camping somewhere near Further Confusion 2012? There's a slim chance that I might
be going for the 12th and 13th and leaving on 14th. If I go I'd like to find someone to share a campsite
with, I sleep in my car so all I need is a place to park. I just looked to the dates for camping at the
Anthony Lake Chabot Campground and thee are no tent campsites available. :(

Offline Nicholai

• "This will all end in tears"
  • Male
    • FA
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 07:57:59 pm »
I should be going to FC, but my room situation just got kinda funky. Anybody know a good place to look for someone with some extra roomspace?
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
Cheetah: World's most adorable High-speed killer
Jaguar: World's most adorable Stalk-and-ambush killer
Hybridization: Murderously adorable. <3
---
Fun fact: I write music. If you have a second, have a listen.
http://soundcloud.com/grigori-wolf[/url

Offline LostWolf

• Male
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 08:18:58 pm »

Offline silverfox

• I swear I will remember everything!
  • Male
    • SilverFox's Den
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 04:47:11 pm »
I will be there, and with a full suit this year.  Just gotta pack the bag...

Signature by Drasune (the actual drawing)
morg: whats for lunch today?
SilverFox: Pasta Roni :)
morg: XD
morg: that can be your new nickname... silverdapastaronifox
Obligatory furry code

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 05:51:34 pm »
It looks like the Joseph D. Grant County Park is the closest campsites I can find, it's approximately 15 miles away. :(

FC takes place in the concrete jungle part of San Jose.  Not exactly the kind of place you'd look to go camping.  :)

Offline silverfox

• Male
    • SilverFox's Den
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 04:46:28 am »
Get ready for some freaking awesome winter weather.  It's almost nice enough to not need a jacket... and forget about it raining :D

Obligatory furry code

Offline silverfox

• Male
    • SilverFox's Den
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 01:19:32 am »
"Old amn or not, I smell like some kind of deoderant". --outside hotel

Obligatory furry code

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 02:51:42 am »
Well, I'm in the same city (approximately) as the con now.  I don't think I'll make it to the actual con until tomorrow morning though.

Offline LostWolf

• Male
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 10:40:18 am »
So how was FC 2012?

I heard a complaint that the hotel staff where rude, the room had cockroaches, frayed carpet, broken door lock, hardly any bellhops
to help, and broken elevators. Also heard the con itself was not great either. Broken up between two hotels with a  huge open space
between, the place felt disjointed. The signage was pathetic, and some of the staff were rude. The parade was a mess and the photo
shoot afterwards a joke.

I had planed on going Thur-Sat but I ended up not going. I guess it's just as well I didn't go.   

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 05:26:09 pm »
I didn't stay in the hotel, so I can't speak to what the rooms were like.  The parade seemed fine from where I watched it.  The layout was a little odd...  And the dealer's room was about half the size of last year.  The panels I made it to were all good -- several writing panels and one science one.  Although, I think there was some confusion with setting up the panels for the writing track -- one panelist apparently found out only two hours before her panel began that she was on the schedule for a three part series of panels.  Fortunately, she'd given that series at previous conventions and did a fine job anyway.

For me, the best part was having my book launched.  FurPlanet had a giant poster of the cover up behind their table, and I got to keep it after the con.  I also got to have dinner with my publishers and the editor of ROAR.  That was really fun.

I'll be interested to see what the theme is for next year.  I can't say I was super crazy about "The Infurmary" as a theme.  All the artwork of sick or injured animals was a little creepy...

Offline LostWolf

• Male
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 02:34:12 pm »
The person that told me about his bad experience at FC said that last years was awesome. It was
just this years con. wasn't at all up to his expectations. I've only started my interest in furry fandom
but from what I can tell is FC moves back and fourth between two venues each year. I guess this
last one the Hotels weren't up to par for that it cost's to stay per night.