Author Topic: Midwest FurFest, Nov. 18-20, 2011  (Read 8062 times)

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
Re: Midwest FurFest, Nov. 18-20, 2011
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 01:12:33 am »
Hotel reservations have been made. SK will be there! :D

Unless I can't pay for it, or room mates can't make it.
"Who am I to say where my possibly non-existent soul has or has not been."

Offline Shim

• But wait, there's more!
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2011, 06:09:40 pm »
If alls well, I'll be going on Saturday and Sunday this year :)!

It'd be great to meet everybody I met last year and to meet new furtopians this year :D!

It's too bad only Redyoshi, Myself, Kishi, and Liedt, and Cimarron showed up to the "Meet behind the stairs" last year :P

Offline Sheeta

• Species: Kittygirl!
  • By the power of Grayskull
  • Female
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2011, 10:57:54 pm »
It's too bad only Redyoshi, Myself, Kishi, and Liedt, and Cimarron showed up to the "Meet behind the stairs" last year :P

What/when was that?  If I'd known about that I would've been there!
"YOU ARE A CHAMPION, MY FRIEND!"

"People are into it for all sorts of reasons, but I think most people here just think animal people are neat to draw." --"Sue"

Stop by!  www.furaffinity.net/user/nubiankitten7
             www.nubiankitten.deviantart.com/

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2011, 03:24:26 pm »

What/when was that?  If I'd known about that I would've been there!

...Yeah...

Long story short, I saw that there was no meetup planned on these forums last year, and Kishi, Shim, and I ended up arranging a meetup.  Unfortunately, we did so too late, and most people didn't have a chance to actually see the meetup info.  Not only that, but my image had not yet been posted to the forums at that point, and the only person whose image I remembered seeing on the forums was Cimarron's.  I myself almost missed the meetup that I helped plan!
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2011, 04:04:26 pm »
WEll, we're all Chicago Cubs fans. So there's always next year.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2011, 08:54:55 pm »
WEll, we're all Chicago Cubs fans. So there's always next year.

Offline Kishi

• *balances ferret plushie on my head*
  • Male
    • Press this to be a stalker.
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2011, 12:03:13 am »
Can't wait, hopefully I can scrounge money together so I can buy more than just an overpriced soda this year. We should organise a meeting place, and maybe dinner plans at a nearby restaurant for one or two of the days.
"But are you going to kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays."
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things... and how does that work? You're a bicycle" Claudio Sanchez, In the song Ten Speed of Gods Blood and Burial, which is basically about a crazy old writer talking to his bicycle.

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2011, 01:54:10 am »
Allie and I are thinking about trying to do this this year. I was lucky enough to get the time off I'd need, and just made a reservation for Friday and Saturday night at the main hotel. I REEEEAAAALLLLLLYYYY thought they'd be booked solid by now, but lucked out I guess. That was our biggest concern because we'll need access to some place quiet every few hours or so (and no, you can keep your minds out of the gutter as to why :P ). Even though the two biggest hurdles are taken care of, there's still a few things that we need to worry about but at least aren't so time sensitive. I've been to a lot of cons before, and Allie has been to several, but Oklacon last year was our last. We're over due for a con, even if it is just a quick one relatively speaking.

Not to mention, just needing time to ourselves away from the kids. XD
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 04:47:58 pm by Narei Mooncatt »
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Coco Bananacat

• The Banana Cat
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2011, 04:14:23 pm »
I am going to MFF, and plan on performing a song in the variety show!
"So long as you have food in your mouth, you have solved all questions for the time being." - Franz Kafka

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2011, 05:01:54 pm »
have you been talking to Robert King already Coco? he is the MFF FVS coordinator and as of a couple days ago, he nearly has the FVS line up all set and ready to go. So, if you haven't submitted your concept and video to him, you better get going. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I think you need to get over to www.lafflist.org and subscribe to the FVS catbox.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2011, 12:30:59 am »
I know a few folks who attend this con regularly. It's rather far for me to travel alone.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2011, 07:59:00 pm »
Well, looks like 2 good friends are not going to make it.  :'(

Found fresh folks to take there place. Big thanks to everyone who replied! Looking forward to seeing everyone.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 05:20:44 am by Sk Skunk »

Offline redyoshi49q

• Male
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2011, 03:06:33 am »
To prevent the issue we had last year, we probably should come up with a meetup time and place for Furtopians ASAP.  The convention is in two weeks, after all.

I offer Sunday at 3:00 as a possible starting time for the meetup.  This interferes with Fursuit Games, but interferes with few other events and allows for two hours before closing ceremonies.  It will also allow those with Friday conflicts to come, but those who have to leave early for Monday conflicts might not be able to come.  Does anybody else have other ideas for time slots?

As for location, I suggest the circular benches that are behind/under the escalators on the *ground* floor as a possible meeting spot.  That was out of the way of traffic yet quickly accessed from the main areas, but there could be more memorable and/or more easily found meeting locations.  Again, does anybody have ideas?
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Sheeta

• Female
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2011, 10:12:59 pm »
First off, schedule is up!  http://sched2011.furfest.org/

Secondly, I should be able to handle a 3:00 Sunday meeting.  I'll be in the dealer's room most of the weekend, and probably on the dance floor in the evenings.  :D 

"People are into it for all sorts of reasons, but I think most people here just think animal people are neat to draw." --"Sue"

Offline Cimarron

• A Little Inappropriate
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2011, 06:06:56 am »
I should be good for whenever, but I was looking at the schedule, and noticed on Saturday at 5:00 there is just one panel, college furs. This would be a pretty good time too, I think, as Its in the middle of the con, and since I really like watching the fursuit games. Like I said, Im good with whenever, but just thought I'd throw this out there.
Dont fursecute me yo!

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2011, 08:10:41 am »
Hey guys,
I'm finally all confirmed to go, so I'm really excited!  My schedule requires me to leave early on Sunday, so if there's a viable time before then for a Furtopian meet 'n' greet, I'd prefer that.  Saturday would be awesome, especially since there's only the one panel going on at that time.  Regardless, I hope to meet a lot of you there!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2011, 01:51:32 pm »
We'll be leaving out Sunday to because I have to work on Monday, so I'm liking the Saturday time better. Also, would this just be a general meet, or would anyone be interested making it a dinner outing? Perhaps a pizza room party or something easy like that.

This is assuming Allie and I can still make it, but looking ok so far.

Offline redyoshi49q

• Male
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2011, 03:08:25 pm »
Saturday at 3:00 works for me as well, and I wouldn't be against food being involved in the outing so long as it's not hideously expensive and so long as everybody doesn't disperse before getting to the food (MFF '09's meetup was *NOT* good in that respect at all...).  I have little preference as to what food, if any, was involved.
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2011, 12:06:06 am »
Oh yeah. It's next week, isn't it :o. I should probably start thinking about money and transportation.

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2011, 05:23:05 am »
I'd try to make it any time, but the fursuit games are relevant to my interests. :) The Saturday time would work.

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2011, 05:32:06 am »
As long as the meet isn't on Friday between 4-5pm, I'll be fine I think. (:

Offline Sheeta

• Female
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2011, 01:05:55 pm »
Saturday may be a tough time for me, but I'll surely try.  Unfortunately I won't know until the time comes around--it depends on how sales are going for me in the DR. 

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2011, 02:53:54 am »
Allie and I talked it over and looks like we're on for this for sure. Since I suggested the food idea, we'd be willing to host a pizza party in our room if everyone attending is willing to chip in for pizza and drinks. I'm not familiar with the area, so if someone know's of a good pizza place that could supply enough for us, speak up. I'm not picky and am ok with places like Pizza Hut, Papa John's, etc. Going out some place would still be perfectly fine too, I'm just leaving this open so we can have a backup plan if nothing else and we want food. :)

Offline Cimarron

• A Little Inappropriate
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2011, 06:20:07 am »
Having pizza delivered would probably be the best. I am going to try not to take my car out of the hotel once I park it, because last year parking was a nightmare. There was WAY too many cars in the garage, and not enough spaces. We went out Saturday night, and I missed an hour and a half of the con when I got back trying to find a parking spot in the garage again. There was none, and several other people driving around looking. I got so frustrated, I finally bit the bullet and parked in a reserved space... luckily I didnt get a ticket, but it was still frustrating. I hope they have a better plan in place this year.
Dont fursecute me yo!

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2011, 12:06:38 pm »
I guess I should find out, are we still wanting to meet up somewhere in the con space, or just meet at our room at the appointed time? If we're gonna just meet at the room, I'll have people PM me their cell numbers if they want and I can then text my room number to them once I get it so I don't have a lot of random people seeing it and being flooded by scavangers.

I don't care either way, but I know from past experiences that there's likely going to be one or two people that are gonna run late for one reason or another. Even if we did meet in the con space and hiked to the room together, being able to text out the room number and a reminder as the time gets close would let those people still come.