Author Topic: Midwest FurFest, Nov. 18-20, 2011  (Read 8190 times)

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
Re: Midwest FurFest, Nov. 18-20, 2011
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2011, 08:43:57 pm »
We're here and checked into the room, now heading dow to register for the con. We're in room 771 and the actual meet up location will be under the escalators as was suggested earlier. The down side is the room is a lot smaller than the pictures lead on, so if there's a lot a people, we wont fit. I think we could fit us two plus 5-6 others ok. If there's much more than that, we may be better off doing something different for food and can discuss it when we meet.
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2011, 12:21:43 am »
Narei, thanks for organizing the Furtopia meet up.  I enjoyed talking to all the people there, and watching the MLP episodes was fun! Do you think we successfully brought another one into the Herd?

Anyway, for me the convention is just wrapping up because my flight home is early Sunday morning.  I spent the last few hours just wandering the hotel looking at all the great stuff and getting tons of sweaty fursuit hugs.  I met a lot of cool people and finally put some faces to names.  A full report will have to wait until I get home, but this experience has been the most unreal thing I've ever done.  Thanks to everyone who made it such a good time!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2011, 11:23:57 am »
Great meeting everyone. Sadly, we have to pack up and head out today, but we'll be hanging around a bit first. I've also got my vid of the fursuit parade up. Took a few restarts because the route wasn't marked and staff kept herding us away from what we thought was an ok spot that ended being another part of the route.

MFF 2011 Fursuit Parade

I have some other vids I still need to dump onto my computer and go through to see what else I can put up.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 11:26:12 am by Narei Mooncatt »

Offline Cimarron

• A Little Inappropriate
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2011, 09:39:05 pm »
First off I would like to thank Narei for orginizing the meet-up. It was really fun meeting all of you... even if you did try to convert me to a Brony. I wouldnt say that Im hooked yet... but if I had to pick a favorite... Apple Jack. I got home this evening, and cant believe how quickly the last few days went. So tired! As always... the highlights were the Lupis in Tabula games, and just soaking up the all around party atmosphere.
Dont fursecute me yo!

Offline Shim

• But wait, there's more!
  • Male
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2011, 10:07:00 pm »
I'm tired, but MAN, this year was fun! Even if my plans were a little screwy, it turned out amazingly! Meeting a lot of people, getting some new buttons, badges, and t-shirts.

I also met Sporty Fox for the first time and I got an entire fursuit tutorial stuffed in my head in about 10 minutes.

Pizza was awesome, Narei.

Cimarron: You were laughing.

I also pet a real kangaroo.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:11:02 pm by Shim »

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2011, 10:27:12 pm »
Allie and I are on our way home (she's driving now). We decided to duck out before closing ceremonies do to my travels needed to get back to work. Sorry I couldn't say my proper good bye's in person to everyone, but was fun to meet you all and the meet up went pretty well for us for hosting the darn thing. :P

The con in general want too much special. It was about like any other big con. Fun, but not much truly stood out. I did take part in a round of You Don't Know Jack in the video game room, which was a first for me. That and catching up with a couple people I hadn't seen in ages, as well as the Furtopians was my highlights.

Offline onai

• Rawr. That is all.
  • Female
    • My FA
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2011, 06:48:55 pm »
@-@ this con was amazing
www.furaffinity.net/user/onai <-- I be makin' fursuits. yar.

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2011, 03:17:21 am »
BTW, anyone go to the dead dog dance? I was curious who the special guest DJ was.

Offline Sheeta

• Species: Kittygirl!
  • By the power of Grayskull
  • Female
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2011, 12:20:30 pm »
Had a great time and will post more about it later. For the first time in 14 years of convention hopping I got Con Crud. See you guys soon and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
"YOU ARE A CHAMPION, MY FRIEND!"

"People are into it for all sorts of reasons, but I think most people here just think animal people are neat to draw." --"Sue"

Stop by!  www.furaffinity.net/user/nubiankitten7
             www.nubiankitten.deviantart.com/

Offline onai

• Rawr. That is all.
  • Female
    • My FA
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2011, 01:55:57 pm »
The special guest DJ was BigBlueFox from Germany! ^^

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2011, 02:31:23 pm »
Wow! For me, this con was just what was needed. It was so great to meet the people behind the text, hug and patpats for real. Thanks Naria for hosting the mini meet. Sorry I missed you Sheeta. I saw your awesome, freaking cute zodiac poster in the art auction. It looked to be getting good bids. Thank you Landrav for being a wonderful roomie! Cimarron, your going to need that hot tub to boil the brony out of your system! ;)
"Who am I to say where my possibly non-existent soul has or has not been."

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2011, 06:56:09 pm »
Phew! You leave home for only 4 days and stuff gets piled up!  I'm still dead tired from all the stuff I've had to catch up on, at home and at work, so let me just say that the con activities were great, the roomies were great, and seeing all the artists and "celebrity" furs was great.  The con crud hasn't caught me yet, so I'll try to beat it by getting to bed early after dinner.

Tied for my favorite part of the con was the fursuits.  The good ones were really awesome to see, and even the "bad" ones were interesting to look at when I tried to guess at what the maker had in mind ;)  SK and Evauk had good suits, so it was cool to see how they had to manage everything like taking breaks back at our room and keeping hydrated.  The other half of the tie was the Furtopian meetup because I liked meeting the people behind the avatars.  Once people got introduced and had a chance to talk for a while, I think it was a pretty comfortable atmosphere. But it was still not enough time!  Too bad I don't live closer to any of you so we could hang out more.

The worst part of the con (besides leaving) was probably that there were not many people there that I knew.  Online interaction is all well and good, but I can only spend so much time in online communities, and Furtopia is still where I prefer to base my furry presence.

Overall it was a good experience--one that I'd recommend everyone try at least once.  Check your sanity (but not your senses) at the door, and by four days later your sense of 'normal' will never recover ;)  Thanks to everyone who pushed me to go, and thanks to SK, Thay, and all the other room mates who had the good sense to know when Crazy was appropriate.

Oh, and one more story.  My friend who picked me up at the airport was curious about this convention I was at, so I told him I was furry. He said, "I knew it! I just didn't want to ask until you wanted to tell me."  I laughed and told his wife, then, and she had guessed, too!  Not that I was trying very hard to keep secrets (I learned not to take it so seriously over the last few years), but it was still funny how he had my number almost from the time we met in college.  Now I'm planning to go to the Detour anime convention with them here in the Twin Cities, and they want to go to MFF next year!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2011, 07:10:33 pm »
PICTURES! PICTURES! THE REST OF THE MEMBERS DEMAND PICTURES! THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2011, 12:42:56 am »
I don't think we took any pics, but I did take a fair bit of video that I will finally be dumping to my hard drive to go through tonight. I'll link to my youtube account when they're up instead of linking all of them individually. Not sure yet how much of it will be usuable. Kobuk, I've already got my vid of the fursuit parade up and linked it earlier. I know that will be relative to your interests. :P

As far as pics go, Sheeta needs to get the Furtopian Gangsta pic up. :D

Offline Hoagiebot

• Species: Thinking Machines Corporation CM-5/1056
  • Analyzing MLP w/ 135-GFLOPS of raw computing power
  • Male
    • Project Destiny Studios
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2011, 03:09:53 am »
Like everyone else here, I had a great time at Midwest Furfest even though my MFF experience this time out had a very rough start.  Why did MFF have a rough start for me?  Well, sadly, I contracted food poisoning from a cold-cut sandwich that had apparently gone bad in my cooler very late Thursday night, and I continued to not feel well until very late Saturday night because of it, making me completely miserable for the bulk of the convention.  My being so under the weather caused me to miss some things at the convention that I have never missed before in the eight-years that I have been going to Midwest Furfest, such as seeing the bulk of the fursuit parade and taking a photo the huge fursuit group at the end.  I am still extremely disappointed about missing that.  It also kept me from eating very much at the convention or going out to dinner with any of my friends, which is a shame because some of my most memorable moments of conventions past were some of the fantastic conversations and high jinks that happened while I was out with my various out-of-town furry friends at exotic restaurants.  I suppose that I really could have still gone out to dinner with my friends, but believe me, with how I was feeling last weekend the last thing that I wanted to look at or be near to was food, so with much regret I passed on the invitations.

I really enjoyed Narei Mooncatt's Furtopia meet-up, and I sincerely wish that I could have stayed for the entire thing!  Like others have already expressed here, it was great to meet the people behind Furtopia's avatars and text.  I enjoyed everyone's company immensely, and had way more fun hanging out with all of you than I could have ever have possibly predicted that I would!  Hopefully I left a positive impression on everyone else as well-- I was still taking half a pharmacy's worth of medications to be able to be out and about on Saturday afternoon when the Furtopia meet-up occurred, so hopefully I didn't act like too much of a zombie towards everyone.

Some of my highlights of the convention:

• Narei's Furtopia meet-up, as I already stated above.  Once again, you were all a great bunch of people to meet, and I look forward to seeing you all again next year!
  • Friday's MLP:FiM Brony Meetup.  One of my favorite furry artists and friends, Tim Kangaroo, was one of the people running the meetup, and I ran into and got to hang out with Liedt while I was there!  I also absolutely loved the Derpy Hooves fursuit that one of the people there was wearing!  I am not a fursuiter myself, but that Derpy suit was so incredible that it made me envious and start to wish that I was one!  Like Landrav stated, there was one guy in the crowd there who went *way* overboard with his level of "audience participation" to the point of being a real nuisance, but he wasn't enough to deter the fun that I had at the meet up!
  • Watching the Furry Variety Show
  • Being a buyer at the Art Show.  I was able to win *most* of the furry art pieces that I really wanted.  Two of the pieces that I wanted went to live auction, and by some fantastic miracle I was still able to fight off the other bidder and win them, which never happens, believe me!  Usually as soon as a piece that I want goes to live auction I am totally outgunned and utterly obliterated by my usually much deeper-pocketed rivals, but good fortune allowed me to pull victory from the jaws of defeat this time around!  My favorite piece that I happened to win at the art show by far this year was an original drawing of an otter femme by Diana Harlan Stein.  The Hoagiebot absolutely <3's his wet and wild otter femmes you know!  *evil grin*
  • Finally meeting one of my all-time favorite furry artists, K'sharra, in person!  I had purchased some of her original artwork on FurBid many many years ago, but I hadn't had the opportunity to see her purchase any of her gorgeous artwork for a very long time.  She had a table in the Dealer's Den and Furfest this year, and to my amazement she had a bunch of old original sketches of hers for sale in the back of one of her binders.  Having not had the opportunity to purchase any of her original artwork in a *very* long time, I pretty much blew through a third of my convention budget right there buying a whole slough of her original works.  In fact, I think that I wen back to her dealer table no less than 4-times to buy more.  Normally I would never concentrate on buying from only one dealer like that, but it's not often that you have the opportunity to purchase original works from one of your all-time favorite artists, you know?  (And wouldn't you know it, one of the original sketches that I bought from her was even of a furry otter femme!  Did I mention that I <3 those female otters!?  They're like slinky little furry amphibious assault ships of hotness!   :D )  And if that wasn't enough, K'sharra also turned out to be very friendly and pleasant to talk to in person!  That is always a definite plus!
  • Meeting several other wonderful and interesting people at the convention, far too many to name!  And really, that is what furry conventions are all about-- meeting great and wonderful new people in person!
  • For the first time in a few months I finally got to sit down and draw some new furry art again!  Years ago (especially when I was in college) I used to draw furry artwork all of the time, but these days I seem to only get the chance to produce it in small spurts a couple times a year.  It had been about 5 months since I last got a chance to really sit down and draw something, and as I always do I forgot how much fun it was.  On Saturday night I ended up drawing a really nice cartoon animal vixen on one of the huge paper tablecloths that were laid out for artists to draw on in the con suite.  I snapped a photo of it, which I will upload and show here once I get the chance.  Very late on Sunday night I drew a very nice picture of a furry fennec fox vixen, which I am planning on inking sometime later tonight.  I wish that I could have gotten a chance to draw even more while I was there, but the con kept me so busy that I just didn't get the chance.

I also had a few lowlights from the convention, but those were mostly caused by my not feeling well on Friday and Saturday, and I doubt that anyone here wants me to go into detail about that!  The only low-note from the con that I will mention is that my being a seller at the convention's art show this year did not really go very well.  I have been selling my furry artwork at numerous furry convention art shows across the country for over half-a-decade now, but during the past few years, especially this year, my furry convention art show exhibitions have been becoming more and more of a "self-subsidized" endeavor.  :(  Oh well, I have been told that art show sales have been down lately in general, so hopefully my sales will once again pick up when the economy does.  *crosses fingers*

Lastly, as Midwest Furfest continues to grow larger and larger each year I seem to be able to experience less and less of it, I am feeling more and more rushed, and I never even get to do a third of what I was hoping to do.  Some of my favorite Midwest Furfests were actually back during the days when the con was much smaller and had about 1,000 attendees, instead of the 2,600 attendees that we had this year.  While the convention isn't even close to being as awe-inspiring and over-the-top insane as Anthrocon yet, it also isn't the intimate convention that I used to fondly remember going to back in the day when it was at the Hyatt Regency Woodfield anymore.  This isn't Midwest Furfest's fault by any means, as the con is still very well run and a lot of fun, but I think I am going to have to look into finding a much smaller-sized furry convention to go to in addition to Furfest next year so that I can take it easy and enjoy the more relaxed atmosphere of a smaller convention again instead of constantly zipping around from place to place like a madman trying to take everything in (that is if my budget will allow it!)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 04:22:57 am by Hoagiebot »

Offline onai

• Rawr. That is all.
  • Female
    • My FA
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2011, 01:43:54 pm »
You're all making me wish I'd paid more attention the the meetup details before then con! IF I'd done that, i would have gladly joined you all! ^^;; Anyone catch my sparklebutt in the dance comp? Now that I've got my head screwed on in the right place after recovering from this incredible convention, i can recall things!
-Friday morning at about 3 AM Shade and I arrived after an afternoon of delays, we had to trek back top Wisconsin sadly later in the day but arrived back in time to do some suiting
-Saturday we woke up, Shade had dance comp rehearsal for a good 7 hours (which drove me a liiiiittle nutters ;-;) in the evening, He made up for it later though :) Hung with Evauk and suited around with him
-Sunday- Ran around behind the scenes of the dance comp keeping everyone cool and hydrated, watched and about leaked Lake Michigan out of my eyes at how fantastic everyone was (I particuarly remember everyone hugging me like crazy after i came in literally sobbing after Shade's performance- it was his first EVER dance comp entry and i was so so so proud of him!) I partied and suited a TON this con- WHOOOOOO!~

All and all? this con was a gigantic refresher, I saw so many of my suits scootching around and how happy everyone was with them- and it served as a reminder for why i do what i do. It really makes all of the aching shoulders and all-nighters worth it ^^

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2011, 07:17:50 pm »
This year was quite a bit of fun.  I enjoyed the meetup, went to my first "First Con" panel (this was my fourth con, but I had never gotten to a con early enough to attend that panel) as well as "Furry and the Media" and "Science and Pseudoscience" panels all hosted/co-hosted by Uncle Kage, and played a *LOT* of Lupus in Tabula.  The only game that I missed all weekend (that I'm aware of) is a game that started 1:00 a.m. Sunday evening/Monday morning.  I'm a tad upset that I ended up losing track of time and missing closing ceremonies.  In past years, I helped to take down the stage afterwards, and this year, I got overly absorbed in a Lupus session instead.  Because of that, I only ended up volunteering two hours over the weekend.  Maybe I'll be able to make that up next year.

I also seem to have developed a case of the con crud somewhere around Friday or Saturday.  Thankfully, I got some cough drops while I was at the convention, so I don't feel as terrible as I could be feeling right now.

Also, Cimarron, the experience at the Furtopia meetup involving you and MLP confirms my pre-brony sentiments to the phenomenon.  With respect to the effectiveness and rate of its induction process, the brony culture is very much like the Borg (almost disturbingly so).  I hope you enjoy any episodes that you might will almost certainly watch in the future.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2011, 05:51:28 am »
I'm so glad to hear everyone enjoyed the Furtopian meet. I can't take all the blame for it though, as there wasn't a lot I actually did. Most of it was just everyone having a good time chatting and getting to know each other, so a thanks to all of you that came for not being wall flowers and being fun to hang around.

I enjoyed the meetup, went to my first "First Con" panel (this was my fourth con, but I had never gotten to a con early enough to attend that panel) as well as "Furry and the Media" and "Science and Pseudoscience" panels all hosted/co-hosted by Uncle Kage.

I didn't pay too much attention to all of Kage's stuff, but I did read on MFF's forums that there was apparently 6 hours of Kage programing. I kinda have the same opinion of that poster that Kage has his own con to perform at and shouldn't take up so much panel time at others. The Psuedoscience panal was interesting, I will admit.

I've also remembered something else I attended at the con was Who's Lion is it Anyway. I laughed so freaking hard at that, that I wound up with a headache. I think I must have suffered a bit of short term memory loss because of that since I just today remembered I even went to the dang thing. If you ever get a chance to see this at a con, DO IT! :D

Lastly for now, I've been getting more of my vids up on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/Nareimooncatt Hoagiebot, you're featured in Random Elevator Ride 2. :P

Offline Hoagiebot

• Species: Thinking Machines Corporation CM-5/1056
  • Analyzing MLP w/ 135-GFLOPS of raw computing power
  • Male
    • Project Destiny Studios
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2011, 08:01:17 am »
Lastly for now, I've been getting more of my vids up on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/Nareimooncatt Hoagiebot, you're featured in Random Elevator Ride 2. :P

Ug.  Here I was, thinking that I was by far the coolest, smoothest, and most debonair mad scientist at the con that all of the female fursuiters were swooning for, and then you had to go and ruin my carefully constructed self-delusion by showing me that video featuring me lamely blabbering about in an elevator.  *sigh*  How am I ever going to get my slick skin-tight catsuit-wearing martial arts-trained femme-fatale killer lab assistant or impress such organizations as the Evil League of Evil or the Guild of Calamitous Intent now?  My future evil employers will do an evil Google search for my evil name, and instead of coming up with results showing me using my terrifying army of fox cyborgs to cause entire provinces of Canada to grovel before my feet or cloning creatures that can only be considered crimes against nature, they will instead come across me yammering while in an elevator, apparently not doing anything evil or mad scientisty at all.  That doesn't help my mad scientist street cred, you know?

And to make matters worse, I never was able to get my laptop to download the 1080p HD video file of the MLP:FiM Season 2 episode "May the Best Pet Win!" while I was at the con.  Not only was the download going painfully slow on my poor old 802.11b-equipped laptop like I mentioned in that YouTube clip, but I discovered that the hotel's Wi-Fi connection would disconnect and then reconnect you after you had downloaded about 170MB or so, ruining the download of the 750+ MB file.  I ended up having to watch that weekend's new episode of MLP:FiM through YouTube later on that day, and download it onto my HP MediaVault in high-definition for later viewing once I got home.  Curse that hotel for trying to keep me from my ponies!!!  I need my weekly Rainbow Dash hit before I start experiencing withdrawal!   :D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 08:08:33 am by Hoagiebot »

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2011, 02:18:03 pm »
Ug.  Here I was, thinking that I was by far the coolest, smoothest, and most debonair mad scientist at the con that all of the female fursuiters were swooning for, and then you had to go and ruin my carefully constructed self-delusion by showing me that video featuring me lamely blabbering about in an elevator.  *sigh*  How am I ever going to get my slick skin-tight catsuit-wearing martial arts-trained femme-fatale killer lab assistant or impress such organizations as the Evil League of Evil or the Guild of Calamitous Intent now?  My future evil employers will do an evil Google search for my evil name, and instead of coming up with results showing me using my terrifying army of fox cyborgs to cause entire provinces of Canada to grovel before my feet or cloning creatures that can only be considered crimes against nature, they will instead come across me yammering while in an elevator, apparently not doing anything evil or mad scientisty at all.  That doesn't help my mad scientist street cred, you know?
What, you don't think a grown man watching a show for little girls about multi-colored cartoon ponies would qualify as being mad? :D

Offline Deval

• Male
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2011, 03:54:02 pm »
Why do I always find out about these events after they happen?
All dragons are crazy. I am a dragon, therefore...

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2011, 02:08:21 pm »
Why do I always find out about these events after they happen?

Just keep in contact. We'll make sure we know if we do something like this next year ;)!

Offline cheesepuff

• Male
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2011, 03:14:54 pm »
I went to MFF this year!!! IT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! met tons of awesome people. cant wait to go again next year!!!!!!!!!
"It's a Cold world out there, and the only ones that stay warm are the ones with fur" - Me

Offline Sheeta

• Species: Kittygirl!
  • By the power of Grayskull
  • Female
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2011, 10:40:43 pm »
MFF was a complete and total blast for me this year!  I can honestly say that this was the most fun I've had in several years, and it would have been even more epic if I didn't have my duties in the dealer's room.  I didn't want to leave my table too much, but there was so much to look at and so many people to talk to that I had to tell my table partner to make sure that I sit down and actually work, which she did do a few times when I was drifting off into Sheeta-Land again.  

Anyways, it was great to see you guys again, and finally meet some of you others for the first time.  I wish that I could have made it to the meetup, but by that time the table sales were going good and I didn't want to leave my post since I had already left it several times that day.  

The Awesomes--
-The "Who's the Best Pony" buttons I'd made had sold out by Sunday morning, even after an emergency restocking.  And folks were still coming up to my table asking about them!  *Shameless plug*  I'll be working on sets two and three of the buttons as well as some pony commissions, so if anyone here may be interested in some work just shoot me a PM.  I'll be naming the lineup soon when I'm finished with my current commission list.

Posted by: Sk Skunk
Sorry I missed you Sheeta. I saw your awesome, freaking cute zodiac poster in the art auction. It looked to be getting good bids.

No probs, man.  Like I said earlier I was bouncing around so much it's a wonder anyone found me.  And the Freakin' Cute poster went for a great price and also won a staff pick award!  I was so surprised when I found that I actually asked the art director if she was pranking me.   :-[

-Saturday night dance was epic.  It started a bit slow for me--I came in on the Dubstep portion, and though I like dubstep it's hard for me to keep an interested dance attitude to it for a straight hour.  After that DJ Recca came in and set the place on fire with some house and heavy dance which is right up my alley, and I, with two other buds danced until they told us "party's over".  That was around 2am, if I remember.  I have to admit, the Pokemon Dubstep ending was one of the best closing songs I'd heard at a dance in a while.

-Talking and hanging out with friends that I only get to see once or twice a year.  I miss them dearly!

-The Derp Propeller Beanie.  I didn't think that thing would get that much attention.  Next year, I'm selling them.

The Not-So-Awesomes--
-Missing the Furtopia meetup.  I wanted to meet everyone so much!  :(  It was nice to have that ten minutes beforehand, though.

-The coldness.  The hotel turned up the air conditioning since there was a palpable...um, odor throughout the convention.  My table was right under an air vent, so that cold air made its way right at me.  And guess who hates being cold?

-Because of said cold air, I have a feeling that that contributed to my acquisition of my second ever case of Con-Crud.  I thought it was my first, but then I remembered the Katsucon flu epidiemic in 2002 that caused me to lose fifteen pounds in a week.   :P

-Not hitting any panels.  But that's the life of a dealer, yo.  

Overall, I had an absolutely great time.  I look forward to this convention since this is the only furry con I get to go to throughout the year (I hope to change that by hitting AC in 2012), and indeed this was worth the wait.  

Furtopia peeps, role call!

And represent with the Thug Mugs, yo!

I wish that my bud who was taking the pic would have zoomed in a bit more, but alas he did not.  Thanks for posing, guys!  Hope to see you all next year!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 10:46:07 pm by Sheeta »
"YOU ARE A CHAMPION, MY FRIEND!"

"People are into it for all sorts of reasons, but I think most people here just think animal people are neat to draw." --"Sue"

Stop by!  www.furaffinity.net/user/nubiankitten7
             www.nubiankitten.deviantart.com/

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2011, 11:33:37 pm »
And represent with the Thug Mugs, yo!

From left to right, Hoagiebot, Sheeta, Landrav, Myself, Cimarron, redyoshi49q, Narei Mooncatt, Allie_Kat, and Thay :).

(SK was doing something silly like changing out of his suit x_x!)

Also: Sheeta, I die every time I look at you in this one :D!