Author Topic: Technoplile ICC  (Read 15406 times)

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
Re: Technoplile ICC
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2014, 06:35:02 pm »
Stephen sighed and sat up normally. "Honestly...to most you're just an experiment, a new exciting tool to play with and I'm just the guy who keeps that tool from getting glitchy. If it were up to me, you'd be more person than not but that's not the case...on paper you're just a side project that has no relevance until shown that you work perfectly. Maybe after all this...they will allow such a thing, but they won't because you're a money pit at the moment," Stephen sounded sad as he spoke, clearly sympathising. "If I had the means I'd help you out, if only slightly."

The metal found easy shaping under the skilled hands of the person working on it, shedding shavings of metal and glowing softly from the heat of the torch. It was coming along easily as he worked on the desk for the client's demands.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2014, 06:38:21 pm »
It was around 4 o'clock when Gruwel finished. He stood back and looked at the desk, which was exactly as his client wanted it. He breathed a sigh of relief, and walked back over to his laptop. He typed out a message to his client, stating that the desk was ready, and that he would ship it to him tomorrow. He stood back, waiting for a reply.
GameMaster Status!

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2014, 06:46:05 pm »
(If anyone's taking notes, there's an easier way to get Killswitch to defect than hacking his systems...)

Killswitch simply looked at Stephen with an emotion so unusual for him it was hard to identify; it was a very deep sadness, and it dissapeared within seconds, almost as if it never was there. "Uplink terminated." Killswitch said, the TV shutting down as he stood. He walked over to is bed and curled up on it, his Optic sensor shutting down as he closed his eye.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2014, 06:50:30 pm »
Once again no reply came. Either he was busy working and didn't have time to respond, or he didn't really care as long as he got it exactly the way he wanted it. There was still plenty of light in the day and plenty of free time.

Stephen was quiet for a moment before talking more. "I'll get you when mission time is up."

(Believe me, there's ton's of background stuff going on.)
Mate of WereCat

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2014, 06:55:41 pm »
Gruwel sighed, and glanced back at the desk. He then pulled up a tab on his laptop, checking to see if anything interesting was within driving distance.
GameMaster Status!

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2014, 07:05:31 pm »
Plenty in fact was within interest, there were a few places to catch a movie, or see new tech, and a variety of places to get a drink or more, in the shadier regions a lot more fun could be had but the legality of such could be questionable. There was a new amusement park opening up and if not that, some special places were having sales or even shows of new tech products from companies.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2014, 07:07:16 pm »
(Would any of these allow me to interact with any other players?)
GameMaster Status!

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2014, 07:32:38 pm »
Possibly, depends on peoples reactions.)
Mate of WereCat

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2014, 09:01:35 pm »
Gruwel eventually decided that it'd be nice to go and have a drink. He walked out of the warehouse, and to his car, an rather average, unsuspecting one for a man who made as much money as he did. He tucked his laptop into the pouch behind the passenger seat, and was on his way.

(I'll let Furenzied go into detail on the bar and anything interesting going on in there.)
GameMaster Status!

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2014, 09:14:57 pm »
Killswitch silently patched into the company's mainframe and searched through the data, eventually coming upon some software he was looking for. "Emotional dampening software downloading."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2014, 09:19:42 pm »
The bar was called Nirvana's Peak, a decent place with great lighting, it was rather busy but clearly could fit many more. The walls were lined with varying types of beverages and the bartenders clearly knew their stuff, it seemed to be one of their softer nights where people came to relax rather than party. The staff were decently dressed and many attractive people were there to either enjoy a drink or enjoy the view of some other patrons, possibly to get a more private view themselves.

Due to the nature of such a program, it would aparrentky activate when chemical imbalances took place along with certain brain activity patterns. It functioned through negative reinforcement, shocking the user in such cases. Stephen looked at Killswitch curiously. "What downloading?"
Mate of WereCat

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2014, 09:28:26 pm »
Gruwel looked at the place for a moment, not too thrilled with how busy it was, but shrugged it off, and stepped inside. He casually walked up to the bar, and ordered a drink. Then he just kinda sat at the bar, keeping his head rather low. It was very rare that he went out in public, since he obviously wasn't used to it. But there were times when he did enjoy himself, though they were rather rare nowadays.
GameMaster Status!

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2014, 09:35:41 pm »
"Thank you sir." Trish said as he walked away. She headed over to find Mr. Jackson. "Mr. Jackson, right? I'm Trish Carlotta of the Digital Directory news. Your foreman sent me your way."

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2014, 09:50:51 pm »
The bartender quickly served Gruwel his drink and quickly moved on to other things but not unkind about it. Around some talked and joked and sometimes made an advance to someone else.

"Yeah?" The man asked, he was sitting in a chair as his mechanical arm was hooked up to the machines the chair was connected to, looking around and packing materials carefully but quickly. "I guess this is about the robberies? They haven't stopped talking about it."
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2014, 10:01:23 pm »
"If they want a machine." Killswitch said. "They will get a machine. I just hope they like what they get."

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2014, 10:04:14 pm »
Gruwel stared at the drink for a while, and then looked around, hoping that nobody was watching him. He leaned in close, and willed the tube he had used earlier to drink the coffee to again emerge from his mask, which it did. He usually felt a sense of embarrassment when he had to eat or drink in public, he seemed to be one of the only people who had even heard of the tech he'd gotten surgically attached to his face, and he often felt odd, and out of place. He stopped halfway through the glass, and again looked around.
GameMaster Status!

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2014, 10:10:42 pm »
Nobody seemed too judging about that, in today's technology it might have been some kind of air purification tech for all they cared. Looking like some sort of gass mask with the added benifit of being able to eat and drink from, few usually took things that far but it wasn't that big of a deal in here anyway.

"That's not the point, you're lucky to feel, you're the prototype, they judge and analyse you and adjust promptly to such things in the next designs." Stephen quickly said. "You're just invalidating the project by doing this, it's no good to do that...you're ruining things if you go through with this...besides, if you're just a machine in that aspect then you'll never have a mate. At least I got to enjoy having a girlfriend before I took thks job."
Mate of WereCat

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2014, 10:22:12 pm »
Gruwel got up from his seat, after he'd finished the drink, and hastily strode out of the bar. Once he was in the driver's seat of his car, glanced over at his laptop. It was late by now, so his client must've been done doing whatever by now. He picked up his laptop, and opened it up, checking for a message, though he had a sinking feeling that he wasn't going to find anything.
GameMaster Status!

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2014, 10:27:49 pm »
Nope, not a single message from the intended client. Although another one of interest wanted an unusually shaped statue with a hollow recess, preferably with holes in it for wiring and such as it would be used for an interface for some purpose.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2014, 10:28:12 pm »
Mentioning that he'd had a girlfriend before deffinately didnt help. Killswitch stood, tail thrashing violently, and strode towards his handler. "You and I both know I will never have a mate here. Whenever they perfect my flaws, they will destroy me and replace me with the perfected version. That is not the life of an animal, it is the life of a machine." By this point, he was practically on top of Stephen.

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2014, 10:31:56 pm »
Stephen sighed and looked Killswitch right in the eyes. "We have computers so advanced here that some have chosen on their own to be named something, without any interface, machines that respond better to kindness over time and will actually correct the user when wrong about something...what would you call that? Is some thinking and feeling hardware a machine without a body? Just some brain in metal form...are they just machines?"
Mate of WereCat

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2014, 10:33:23 pm »
(Is it safe for me to assume that somethings a bit odd about client not replying? Odd as in someone has been murdered, is being held hostage, or something else like that?)
GameMaster Status!

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2014, 10:36:17 pm »
(One could jump to that conclusion. He could simply be on vacation though, the permanency of such...is kinda up in the air of assumptions.)
Mate of WereCat

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2014, 10:41:10 pm »
Gruwel glanced at the request for the statue, and, after quickly typing out a message saying how he'd get back to him when he could work on such a project, he pulled up his client's contact info. He pulled out his phone, and dialed all the phone numbers belonging to this man that he could find, including work phone, personal phone number, and the numbers of people who weren't the client, but could very likely have an idea of where he is.

GameMaster Status!

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2014, 10:50:12 pm »
Eventually someone picked up the phone, by the sounds of it a secretary. "Hello, Mr. Dietrich's office, how may I help you?"
Mate of WereCat