Author Topic: Metro 2033 Redux  (Read 838 times)

Offline Remley Bishop

• Species: Hooded Rat
  • Male
Metro 2033 Redux
« on: August 27, 2014, 10:30:15 am »
So I was curious if anyone else loves the Metro 2033 games enough to rebuy it's redone version like I did.  So far the graphics are definitely a plus, there are also supposed to be AI tweaks, which I haven't played far enough to see yet (the critters so far play the same, I'm expecting most of the AI changes are in the human opponent's AI.)

As I am in love with the premise of Metro, to the point of reading the novel as well as playing the game, I'm sure I might be looking through rose tinted glasses on this.  Am I alone on this?

Offline Shim

• Male
Re: Metro 2033 Redux
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 12:14:27 pm »
I loved the first game and haven't played the second, since I heard about Redux. I think I'll get it when it's on sale though!

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 01:57:39 pm »
I have not heard of this redux. Loved the first game, own the second but not got round to it yet. And I'm on the lookout for the books on cheap.

Avatar by Shibara,  sig by Miser

0.1.0 carrot tail leopard gecko, Gelbstoff
0.1.0 bearded dragon, Dany
0.0.1 amel stripe het hypo corn snake, Vivec

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Remley Bishop

• Species: Hooded Rat
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 03:16:21 pm »
If you have a Steam copy of the game, you may already have a PDF of the 1st book.  They actually included the 1st book along with the files for the original games.

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 03:41:16 pm »
The first novel is an absolute masterpice, Glukhovsky is fantastic at building tension, and the way he represents Artyoms fears, worries, reflections on past events, and his future through detailed descriptions of his confusing and scary dreams is also brilliant! ^-^

I remember reading most of it in the dark at night, tense and fearful, very good indeed, and the first game was short and fairly linear, but excellent nonetheless! :)
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 06:16:44 pm »
I absolutely loved the first and second. At the end of the second one you really see the decisions make have an impact. Although not to lie, most of my time was spent playing Five-Finger-Filet
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 03:09:13 am »
metro is on my list of my favorite game storylines. the game play was some one of the bests campaigns iv played, and the graphics even for the normal versions were great. i do not plan on buying Redux tho, i tend to only like playing through story lines once.

a cool thing would be is if a metro open world game were to be made. it would be very hard to make it work tho because metro mostly focuses on artyom. i doubt one would be made but i just like the idea of being able to scavenge, craft, and build stuff (sad that most of those games aren't made correctly)