Author Topic: T G I F What are you doing this weekend?  (Read 7527 times)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
Re: T G I F What are you doing this weekend?
« Reply #225 on: December 09, 2017, 09:10:50 pm »
Put up more Christmas decorations. Load some cast bullets. Possibly some target practice. Mail out a few Christmas cards.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #226 on: December 30, 2017, 09:29:10 am »
Absolutely nothing this weekend as it's too cold to go anywhere due to freezing temps and below zero wind chills.  x_x
Just stay home for New Year's, enjoy some hot meals, snacks, plenty of hot chocolate, and binge watch some Dr. Who episodes.
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #227 on: January 06, 2018, 04:13:10 pm »
Getting ready to go to an auction. Going for two reasons. First this is an new auction company.  I want to see how they do business. There are things I look for when going to an auction held by a company I'm not familiar with. As is, Where is and How is. Meaning we don't know if it works and your buying it without any guarantee. This is the normal order of business when things are auctioned off. In all fairness the company doesn't have time to plug in and check everything. Some auctioneers will say. "We were told it works. If you take it home and it doesn't? Bring it back and we'll refund." This is also the norm. I have no problem with either. In truth I've been burned more times by buying stuff at resale shops than at auctions. What they charge. You bid $10. You pay $10 at the desk. You bid $10. You pay $10 plus tax at the desk. I like and will do business with both. Depending on state laws where you live an auction can go either way. Buyer's fee? NO. I refuse to do business with an auctioneer  company who is going to charge me extra for a winning bid. Then there is the big no no for me. I've actually had this happen.  An item went up for biding. I raised my card ( has my name and auction number on it ) and placed a bid. I was the only one who bid on that item. The auctioneer starts to add more items to this bidding. Stopped adding when he got a higher bid. I walked out of the auction. Never went to another auction held by that company.  I'm happy to say that particular auction company is now out of business. You can't treat people that way and expect them to come back.

The other reason I'm going is they have one item I'm interested in. I've already researched the item and set a price for myself. If it goes above what i'm willing to pay someone else can have it. I have seen items sell at retail or even above.  They could have gone to Walmarts. Bought the exact same item in a box with a guarantee and paid the same price. More money than wisdom. : ) Win or not either way I'm looking forward to having fun. And who knows. They can't put pictures up of every thing they have for bid. Might find something else I can't live without.

So just incase your not board yet I'l tell you another auction story. I started a bid on an item and someone else bid. We traded bids back and forth till the other person stopped. I got the item well under the price I set for myself and was happy I won. After the auction was over I went to pay for the stuff I bought. They held that particular item card back. They told me "Your only going to pay your opening bid on this item. Not the higher winning bid." Apparently they have had problems with the person bidding against me. So I got the item cheaper and learned they value me as a costumer more than what I would have paid. I left very happy with them.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #228 on: January 06, 2018, 07:25:15 pm »
Update on the auction. Really liked the way they do business. Was easy to hear and follow what was going on at all times. Why I left early? This was a tool auction with high quality equipment  and tools being auctioned off. And a room full of people with lots more money than I had to spend. : )  Things were not going cheap enough for me to afford. Good news is I'll be back. i liked what I saw.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #229 on: January 06, 2018, 07:58:30 pm »
Writing a new story for class  :)

Taking a break to make chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #230 on: January 06, 2018, 10:11:46 pm »
Went picking at Goodwill--found a few items.

Working on papercraft Skylab and Saturn Ib.

Planning to make brownies tomorrow afternoon. Also beef burritos.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Offical Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #231 on: January 26, 2018, 09:57:06 am »
My 20 year old dishwasher died, so will be looking for a new one
this weekend.
oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #232 on: January 26, 2018, 11:11:40 am »
My two day weekend has been turned into a three day. Work is really slow so they told everyone to stay home.  I have around six weeks of vacation saved up. All this one day here and a half day there is chiseling away at it. Today I plan on spending most of it cleaning around the house. Tomorrow my mom is taking me out for my birthday. That was last weekend but I was under the weather. Plan on making bread. Going to use a new technique called 'autolyse'. Ya, whoda thought there would be so many different ways you could make the very same loaf of bread.  :D

• Male
« Reply #233 on: February 04, 2018, 07:51:04 am »
Nose is back to the grindstone  :P Homework homework.

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #234 on: February 04, 2018, 01:43:14 pm »
Making bread and watching the Superbowl. Really hope the Eagles win. Or at least it's not a one sided game.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf, alt cross fox
  • Drink me 'arties yo ho
  • Female
« Reply #235 on: February 08, 2018, 10:10:48 pm »
Nothing.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #236 on: February 09, 2018, 12:58:01 am »
Ya, like a robotic phone call. The same thing over and over and  :D I'll be trying another bread making experiment and making some bread I know will be good to eat. I also plan on starting a few craft projects. Making some copies of a few antiques. And tossing stuff together that will look like it's from the late 1800 to early 1900's.

• Male
« Reply #237 on: February 09, 2018, 05:06:35 pm »
Three problem sets, two lab write-ups, and a project proposal.

Offline Amducious

• Species: The insane feral Sergal
  • Still breathing
  • Male
« Reply #238 on: February 09, 2018, 09:08:40 pm »
Getting new tires for the Mercedes, been needing them for awhile.
Art by WhiteAkitaKeiko check out her art I'm sure you'll be amazed! --> http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-announcements/akita%27s-art-journey!/125/

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #239 on: February 16, 2018, 06:06:24 pm »
Recovering from a local all-you-can-eat fish fry.

Checking in on the local radio net tonight.

May go picking in Saginaw tomorrow.
(Baps the old humorist.)

• Male
« Reply #240 on: March 02, 2018, 06:20:06 pm »
MOAR homework!!!

Seriously, this 10 hours/day, 7 days a week thing is getting old. I decided to go back to school exactly so I wouldn't have to do this sort of thing.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #241 on: March 15, 2018, 09:53:00 am »
Enjoying the warmer weather. It's times likely this I wish I  could
see well enough to do yard work and to enjoy the start of spring.

It's just a wish, because when I could see well enough I got tired
of doing the yard work pretty darn quick.  :D

oldrabbit.com

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf, alt cross fox
  • Drink me 'arties yo ho
  • Female
« Reply #242 on: March 21, 2018, 06:49:35 pm »
Reflecting on the fact that it'll be one year since Nacho was put to sleep.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #243 on: April 06, 2018, 09:38:26 am »
With snow in the forecast  I think I am going to stay home. This
weekend is going to be rough on the fruit growers and early
gardens. I am going to keep my lettuce out of the cold. :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #244 on: April 06, 2018, 10:42:45 am »
If things stay the same I'll be working tomorrow. Then making bread and enjoying the rest of my time off. Six months of making home made bread. Still loving every minute of it.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #245 on: April 12, 2018, 12:13:35 pm »
Model club meeting on Saturday.
Relax and stay home on Sunday.
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline Old Rabbit

• Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #246 on: May 03, 2018, 09:35:00 am »
Spring has sprung along with the little multi-legged beasties.  (:
So it's out with the bug spray.

I think I will just stay inside this weekend.
oldrabbit.com

• Male
« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2018, 05:20:45 pm »
Project and two papers to do. If I get through that I might try and do some late homework. I'm dubious I'll get that far though.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #248 on: May 03, 2018, 11:05:51 pm »
Yard work! I have 75 feet of miscathus grass. Usually i cut it down and burn it in place. Because I live in a town full of dumb rednecks they had to make this illegal. To many stupid people were burning their or their neighbors house down. So now I have to find someway to get rid of all this grass. Was thinking of mulching it, composting it or even cutting it up then lay it back over the plant bases. Let the grass grow through it. Next year I'll cut it off about three foot tall. Then the let new grass grow up through this. I know that works. I plan on extending this line of grass. Probably another 50 feet. I really like the look. May even take it to the other side of my back yard. Make myself a living fence all around my back yard.

I know if I compost it it will stick. Smell like cow poop.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #249 on: May 04, 2018, 05:21:03 am »
Got a new cross stitch project going, adding the final touches to a couple of older ones, and then taking Dany outside in the garden to bask. It's warming up here again, so she can go on her little harness and trot about outside.

Avatar by Shibara,  sig by Miser

0.1.0 carrot tail leopard gecko, Gelbstoff
0.1.0 bearded dragon, Dany
0.0.1 amel stripe het hypo corn snake, Vivec

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#