Author Topic: T G I F What are you doing this weekend?  (Read 10038 times)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: T G I F What are you doing this weekend?
« Reply #275 on: December 08, 2018, 03:25:05 pm »
Decorating for Christmas. I have a huge collection of old Santa and Christmas stuff to display. I try to do something different each year. Last year i put up a Christmas village that took up WAY to much room.  This year I'm cutting that down to no more than a seven by three foot space. Because i broke a toe a few weeks ago I'm not able to climb up and down a latter so most of the fake greenery will stay in boxes this year. One thing I'm not looking forward to seeing. Last year, wile caring two boxes of shaped ornaments down stairs I lost my balance and both boxes tumbled. Boxes are very heavy cardboard and each ornament is wrapped. But I already know I've lost a few that will be extremely hard to find. Been collecting glass shapes for well over 30 years now. Not the first time I've had an ornament disaster. Had a tree fall over one year. The plastic stand broke. Live and learn. I have a heavy duty metal stand with a wide base now. So I'll count my losses and continue to look for more to replace and enjoy.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Cateline

• Nacht Bat Care
« Reply #276 on: December 09, 2018, 07:08:59 am »
Being ill, role-playing and proof-reading  (:

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #277 on: December 15, 2018, 06:08:20 pm »
We had a nice turnout at the cemetery in Michigan's Thumb region for Wreaths Across America today. The event is sponsored by veterans' groups. I took photos of the CAP color guard and other activities. A local TV news photographer rolled in just as things were wrapping up. He came directly to me as I was the only adult in uniform. Good thing too as I am the public affairs officer for the local CAP squadron. So I arranged to have the unit commander interviewed and to have a cadet re-enact a wreath-laying for the news story.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #278 on: December 15, 2018, 09:29:15 pm »
Christmas decorating. Everyone comes over here for the holidays. Do my best to impress.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #279 on: December 15, 2018, 10:19:11 pm »
Trying to finish this Project/Final exam for my thermodynamics class. I'm going to be glad when this is over.  :P
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #280 on: December 22, 2018, 05:13:25 pm »
Today: Relaxing and working on a model kit.
Sunday: Probably same as above. I have zero interest in watching Sunday football.  >:(
Monday (Christmas Eve) - At my mom's house for dinner and presents. Stay overnight.
Tuesday (Christmas Day) - Head back home from being with my mom and just relax I guess.
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #281 on: December 22, 2018, 08:25:35 pm »
Decorations are done. Now I bake and cook and bake and cook and cook and.. . Lot's to do. Christmas dinner will be Lasagne, garlic rosemary roasted potatoes, Italian vegges with almonds and oregano, home made garlic bread stand alone French apple tart and lots and lots of cookies. Brother's bringing the pies and more food. It's not about the gifts. it's about the spread and company.

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
« Reply #282 on: December 23, 2018, 05:52:15 am »
Need to go out for a couple of last minute gifts. All of the stuff that needs to be baked/cooked has already been bought. Then some relaxing time. I'm with you, Kobuk. No interest in watching Sunday football.

Christmas Eve....cook some of the things that need to be cooked. Out with friends for dinner.

Christmas Day...go to friends house for dinner/presents. Play with all of their dogs. Come back and relax.

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #283 on: December 23, 2018, 05:53:43 am »
Decorations are done. Now I bake and cook and bake and cook and cook and.. . Lot's to do. Christmas dinner will be Lasagne, garlic rosemary roasted potatoes, Italian vegges with almonds and oregano, home made garlic bread stand alone French apple tart and lots and lots of cookies. Brother's bringing the pies and more food. It's not about the gifts. it's about the spread and company.

Hey Rat!

Dinner sounds yummy!  :) Quite the spread!

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #284 on: December 30, 2018, 03:24:23 am »
Thanks FarFar. dinner was awesome! And i have enough left over ingredients left over to make another lasagne!   

I've learned how to install plugins in my DAW ( digital audio workstation ). Now I'm making a list of what each one does. Some of them have names that are self explanatory. Like 'TAL Reverb II'. Others with names like 'Headcrusher' and 'MJUCjr' need a bit of explaining. :) These programs are night and day better than what Logic Pro X came with. I've remastered a song i did recently with the new stuff. So much nicer.

A bit of explaining for those who have no clue what I just said. A DAW is a computer based music mixing program. Logic Pro X is the name of the program I use. Plugins are programs that help make a recording sound better. Like equalizers and echo effects.

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #285 on: December 30, 2018, 04:04:51 pm »
Got done working today. Relaxing for tonight.

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #286 on: January 12, 2019, 01:36:22 am »
Party with the siblings and our other halfs but I had no one to cuddle :'(
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #287 on: January 12, 2019, 06:08:14 am »
Taking care of my neighbors dogs while they are away. *wonder how they would react if I showed up in fursuit....*

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2019, 08:20:08 am »
Taking care of my neighbors dogs while they are away. *wonder how they would react if I showed up in fursuit....*
I know my dog would rock my world, and not in a good way.

Catch-up homework, and probably some writing and/or prepping another chapter to post on SoFurry.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #289 on: January 12, 2019, 09:54:29 am »
I know my dog would rock my world, and not in a good way.

I'm not sure how they would react. They are a pack of huskies so maybe I should bring Kobuk along! :goldlaugh:

Catch-up homework, and probably some writing and/or prepping another chapter to post on SoFurry.

I have a replace a light bulb that burned out.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #290 on: January 12, 2019, 10:39:37 am »
Digging out from the snow storm. It's still snowing now. Been snowing for a good 24 hours straight. And making bread. I made a starter yesterday. Yeast, 1 cup of water and two cups of flour. It's to wet to be a biga and to dry to be a pollish. Kind a an in between. Right now it has a sweet wine smell to it. Perfect for some really good tasting home made bread.

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #291 on: January 12, 2019, 11:16:42 am »
Digging out from the snow storm. It's still snowing now. Been snowing for a good 24 hours straight. And making bread. I made a starter yesterday. Yeast, 1 cup of water and two cups of flour. It's to wet to be a biga and to dry to be a pollish. Kind a an in between. Right now it has a sweet wine smell to it. Perfect for some really good tasting home made bread.

Ok, that sounds really yummy! The bread not the snow....THAT does not sound like fun.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #292 on: January 13, 2019, 09:58:14 am »
Yesterday - Went to my local model club meeting.
Today - Just spending a lazy day working on a model kit and maybe watch some movies.

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #293 on: January 13, 2019, 03:58:47 pm »
Spent a lazy day working on some artwork and hiking the trails.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #294 on: January 18, 2019, 12:26:25 pm »
Going to be bitter cold this weekend. Plan on staying home, watching some movies, staying warm, drinking hot chocolate, work on a model kit, etc.

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #295 on: January 18, 2019, 12:42:11 pm »
Lots of snow and bitter cold this weekend. Will be moving around tons of snow while freezing in subzero wind chills. When I'm not doing that, will be watching movies and drinking hot chocolate, coffee, tea, etc. No traveling this weekend if I can avoid it.

Offline Amducious

• Species: The insane feral Sergal
  • Still breathing
  • Male
« Reply #296 on: January 19, 2019, 09:11:54 am »
Just chilling at home
Art by WhiteAkitaKeiko check out her art I'm sure you'll be amazed! --> http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-announcements/akita%27s-art-journey!/125/

G*59 Grey ‘til Death

Ocean $ide $uicide