Author Topic: The "Bad News" thread.  (Read 37572 times)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf, alt cross fox
  • Look out it's underswap!
  • Female
Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Reply #1400 on: December 19, 2017, 09:07:43 pm »
Eevee was a very naughty little girl.

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #1401 on: January 10, 2018, 06:30:04 pm »
My dad's dog Thor might have the start of lymphoma.

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #1402 on: February 03, 2018, 11:38:11 pm »
Lost job end of contract. I sick and tired being an temp  worker.

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #1403 on: February 08, 2018, 10:10:00 pm »
I caught a cold! I just hope it turn into the flu  :(

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #1404 on: February 16, 2018, 05:58:57 pm »
Lost job end of contract. I sick and tired being an temp  worker.

We know the feeling. Something will turn up.

Sore shoulder from shoveling snow and ice this week.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Main: Raptor dinosaur (Iara) Alt: Jaguaress (Moongaze)
  • Furtopia's Dinosaur-in-Residence
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1405 on: February 17, 2018, 12:14:11 am »
My tooth has been aching constantly for the past week. Went to the dentist today and found out I need a root canal.  x_x :'(
Furry Code:
FDC5adw/FP3adsw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h+++ iwf++ j p*

My twitter feed (art and such)
My dA page

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #1406 on: February 17, 2018, 07:51:52 pm »
My tooth has been aching constantly for the past week. Went to the dentist today and found out I need a root canal.  x_x :'(

OUCH! Hope they put you under for that!

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #1407 on: February 20, 2018, 06:33:57 am »
I upgraded to Firefox 58 only to discover that Mozilla removed the dark theme... and that third-party themes don't work right with this version, so I'm stuck with the nasty default light theme. Now my eyes are bleeding. x_x

(Why do I keep upgrading things? I thought I resolved never to upgrade things again because stuff like this always happens when I upgrade things. I am smouldering with incandescent rage.)
“Hmm... They have the Internet on computers now.” - Homer Simpson

“Art doesn't work without pain. Art exists for compensating pain.” - Till Lindemann

“There's a fine line between sayings that make sense.” - Too Much Coffee Man

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1408 on: February 24, 2018, 09:42:07 am »
Undercharged shipping for an Ebay customer, but slow internet connection made adjusting or printing postage impossible. So I issued a refund.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #1409 on: March 21, 2018, 06:50:35 pm »
Eevee injured her "pinkie" toe.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1410 on: March 25, 2018, 08:15:24 pm »
Cracked a tooth yesterday. May be weeks before the dentist can see me.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1411 on: April 03, 2018, 04:53:14 pm »
Met my new doctor today. Blood pressure somewhat elevated, so they're telling me to go on a low sodium diet for three months. Also gotta fast 8-10 hours and come in to give a blood sample sometime. >:(
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #1412 on: April 03, 2018, 06:48:46 pm »
Doc's office still hasn't replied, and so I'm still in limbo on getting a refill. Classes are reflecting:

I might have to drop a needed course so I don't fail it and retake it again my Senior year.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1413 on: May 01, 2018, 09:38:45 pm »
Just learned that my model rocketry class at CAP summer encampment has been placed on hiatus due to declining enrollment. Would've been my tenth anniversary fursuiting on base too. So it's just drill, classroom, and plane rides for the week.
(Baps the old humorist.)

• Male
« Reply #1414 on: May 11, 2018, 08:23:40 pm »
It's almost 11:30 at night. I've had a total of 13 hours of sleep over the past three days, that "I think it's just allergies" sneeze turned into chest cough several hours ago, and I have a Thermo final in 9 hours.

And I dropped my phone in the toilet. Before I flushed. It wasn't all liquid in there, either.

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1415 on: June 01, 2018, 01:19:33 pm »
Our local furmeet was moved to the Memorial Day due to a glitch in renting the pavillion from Parks & Rec. I could not attend, but had offered to bring pop and snacks for the original time coordinates. Hope no one was upset over my abscence.

Also that same weekend was a sort of cosplayer/comicon in Lansing, but the event seems to have seen better days.
(Baps the old humorist.)

• Male
« Reply #1416 on: June 16, 2018, 05:17:25 pm »
Finally got around to changing the spark plugs on my truck. 50% is easy: you can get to it from the driver's side and don't have to remove anything else.

The 3 on the passenger side, though... I had to remove the engine cover, the intake duct, the throttle body, and the plenum (upper intake manifold). Every time you remove the plenum you need to replace the gaskets, so I planned ahead and purchased accordingly.

So I get everything apart and I notice that inside the plenum is coated in this filthy wet dirt. I look down into the lower manifold and it looks like the same, only with less dirt (yay! Dirt + precision machine parts = bad news). The grime smelt like gasoline, but the engine is intake injected, not straight into the cylinders, so I figured it might have gotten wet when I bled off the fuel pressure (to remove all the crap above).

I pull my spark plugs. They seem a little dirty, but they're also about 40,000 miles overdue. Then I pull two that are wet. That's never a good sign. They don't smell like gasoline, either. Also not a good sign. I check the intake gunk again. It doesn't smell like gasoline anymore. Uh-oh.

I find the PCV valve and hose, both with oil dripping out of them. The valve is bad, and I need to change the valve ASAP or it's going to cause much more expensive problems later. I try contacting all of my local friends to see if they can give me a ride in exchange for beer/pizza, but none of the ones in town reply. This means I have two options: walk to the parts store, or put the engine back together with the bad valve and replace it later. But to get to it I have to pull off everything I had to remove to get to the spark plugs. ...remember what I said about replacing the gaskets every time you remove the plenum? Not to mention after you have everything all the way back together you need to reprogram the accelerator/throttle system. I'd be doing that twice. Oh joy. but still put back together what little I can without installing the plenum.

I might be lazy when it comes to exercising for the sake of exercising, but I am not put off at the thought of walking 12 miles to get a car part I need. So I start looking at parts stores to see which one I need to start walking to. By this point the ones that have my part close before I can walk there and don't reopen until Monday after I start work in the AM. The bus doesn't run where I live, so I guess I'm walking to work Monday morning, and stopping by the parts place on the way back. Hurray.  :P >:(

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #1417 on: June 17, 2018, 12:45:39 pm »
Rockaway beach is not going to have their pirate festival this year, witch sucks! I go there every year just to see the festival.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1418 on: June 30, 2018, 09:26:35 pm »
No coyote mascot at Summer Encampment this year.
(Baps the old humorist.)

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1419 on: June 30, 2018, 10:08:52 pm »
Toys R Us is officially gone forever in the US... :'(  http://toysrus.com/

Also, I have dealt with crying fits and waves of depression all week...my mate is unemployed as he is caring for the little one full time and it's putting a ton of stress on me...going to talk to a counselor soon and hopefully learn how to manage my anxiety/depression better... :'(
Furry Code:
FDC5adw/FP3adsw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h+++ iwf++ j p*

My dA page

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #1420 on: July 03, 2018, 01:23:37 am »
It's July. I am deep into the 14th year of my exile from my hometown of Santa Fe. Not a day goes by that I don't miss my home and to top it off I'm starting to have dreams about my dead grandfather.

Just last night I dreamed that I came home and he was there! I was filled with terror and shock upon seeing him and then dad came in to tell me that it had all been a mistake. He was alive the whole time. fine and healthy.
I hated my grandpa as he was an abusive old man and I started crying in both dream and reality (as I found my pillow soaked with tears when i awoke) I tried repeatedly to tell my dad how absurd the situation was. That he'd been embalmed, buried and left there for months and yet he survived this?!
It was a nightmare full and plain and it wasn't long before granddad was back to his old ways putting me to work in strenuous physical labor and saying I was weak because I have to walk with a cane now.

I woke up and was relieved to find that he was still dead and buried.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1421 on: July 05, 2018, 08:21:16 pm »
Been fretting way too much about little things lately...things I have said/done over the past few years...posts I've made on Twitter about my anxiety...idk. Been feeling awkward and scared and overwhelmed lately. Had a terrible anxiety dream...*trigger warning*
Spoiler: show
I was in a group of people who were planning on ending their lives by taking a pill...they were promised the universe...to be set free. I took the pill but I got very sick rather than dying and potentially going to Heaven...just...an awful dream. I haven't contemplated anything like that before in waking life so why did I dream that?? It made me a miserable mess and I've had a time recovering from it...
Furry Code:

My dA page

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1422 on: July 06, 2018, 02:43:37 pm »
Friend stopped by to set up base station antenna while in town for fireworks. Radio still doesn't transmit audio.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1423 on: July 23, 2018, 06:25:12 pm »
The state police here will start enforcement of the "move over law". Too many motorists camping in the passing lane on the expressways. Wish they'd enforce the speed limit instead. That can be a challenge though due to widespread use of radar/laser detectors.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1424 on: August 12, 2018, 11:16:01 am »
I'm having to sell a lot of my models from my model kit stash in order to get the money to buy 1 new large ship model that is coming out soon. :(
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/