Author Topic: The "Bad News" thread.  (Read 39770 times)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Reply #1425 on: August 13, 2018, 04:06:15 pm »
Had a dream my sister was dragging dead bodies out of a house. I told her it was illegal to disturb a crime scene, and she freak out, and then she said something like

"We'll ask mom. She's taking a nap in the back."

Suddenly the house became the first house I lived in as a child, and I realized that the bodies might not have been due to a crime, but an accident, and that they simply died in their sleep because they ran out of air. I chased after my sister as she ran into the house, telling her not to go in alone, but she was already in, shaking my mom trying to wake her up. Inside the house smelt strongly like natural gas. Mom had a very hard time waking up, so I picked her up and carried her outside where she quickly recuperated. We were about to tell her that she had almost died when she looked at us and "Go away!" and ran back into the house. I followed (of course) and saw her turning off a couple of burners on the stove that were open but not lit. Then I woke up (thankfully).
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Main: Raptor dinosaur (Iara) Alt: Jaguaress (Moongaze)
  • Furtopia's Dinosaur-in-Residence
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1426 on: September 14, 2018, 09:05:43 pm »
Trigger warning: alcoholism (details in spoiler)
Spoiler: show
My sister was recently hospitalized for alcohol and she is sort of okay but...she could have died

My dad was in the hospital two weeks ago for spinal fusion surgery.

Trigger warning: domestic abuse/violence
Spoiler: show
My roommate is getting increasingly worse. Her jealousy and anger towards me on top of the stress I deal with at work are pushing me to my breaking point. She constantly picks fights and bullies me, then turns around and acts like the victim/pretends nothing happened. I need to take anger management and I am very low right now due to it all...I hate my behavior in response (yelling, and tonight pushing) and I wish I was single and away from everyone I love so I don't hurt them anymore  :'(
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:09:14 pm by Iara Warriorfeather »
Furry Code:
FDC5adw/FP3adsw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h+++ iwf++ j p*

My twitter feed (art and such)
My dA page

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #1427 on: September 25, 2018, 10:06:07 am »
Someone and their dog were bitten by a raccoon found inside an outdoor hockey rink this weekend. The dog's owner got shots for rabies.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1428 on: September 30, 2018, 05:27:22 pm »
The annual local living history encampment closed down early today due to the miserable weather. A number of reenactors and vendors did not return this year. Someone may have objected to the German Waffen SS reenactors last year.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 05:37:15 pm by Rocket T. Coyote »
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #1429 on: September 30, 2018, 05:53:12 pm »
I spent 1.5 days on a homework assignment that I haven't even come close to finishing. Haven't even touch the other stuff due tomorrow and won't due to sleep issues.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1430 on: October 20, 2018, 10:03:41 pm »
My fridge is having issues, it won't cool below 48-50 F. Had to order a new Fridgidare. It won't be delivered until possibly Friday. Wanted it Tuesday, but they deliver in the morning when I'm working. Can't get anyone trustworthy to open the house for them. May have to take Friday off to affect delivery.
(Baps the old humorist.)