Author Topic: The "Bad News" thread.  (Read 41164 times)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Reply #1425 on: August 13, 2018, 04:06:15 pm »
Had a dream my sister was dragging dead bodies out of a house. I told her it was illegal to disturb a crime scene, and she freak out, and then she said something like

"We'll ask mom. She's taking a nap in the back."

Suddenly the house became the first house I lived in as a child, and I realized that the bodies might not have been due to a crime, but an accident, and that they simply died in their sleep because they ran out of air. I chased after my sister as she ran into the house, telling her not to go in alone, but she was already in, shaking my mom trying to wake her up. Inside the house smelt strongly like natural gas. Mom had a very hard time waking up, so I picked her up and carried her outside where she quickly recuperated. We were about to tell her that she had almost died when she looked at us and "Go away!" and ran back into the house. I followed (of course) and saw her turning off a couple of burners on the stove that were open but not lit. Then I woke up (thankfully).
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Main: Raptor dinosaur (Iara) Alt: Jaguaress (Moongaze)
  • Furtopia's Dinosaur-in-Residence
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1426 on: September 14, 2018, 09:05:43 pm »
Trigger warning: alcoholism (details in spoiler)
Spoiler: show
My sister was recently hospitalized for alcohol and she is sort of okay but...she could have died

My dad was in the hospital two weeks ago for spinal fusion surgery.

Trigger warning: domestic abuse/violence
Spoiler: show
My roommate is getting increasingly worse. Her jealousy and anger towards me on top of the stress I deal with at work are pushing me to my breaking point. She constantly picks fights and bullies me, then turns around and acts like the victim/pretends nothing happened. I need to take anger management and I am very low right now due to it all...I hate my behavior in response (yelling, and tonight pushing) and I wish I was single and away from everyone I love so I don't hurt them anymore  :'(
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:09:14 pm by Iara Warriorfeather »
Furry Code:
FDC5adw/FP3adsw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h+++ iwf++ j p*

My twitter feed (art and such)
My dA page

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #1427 on: September 25, 2018, 10:06:07 am »
Someone and their dog were bitten by a raccoon found inside an outdoor hockey rink this weekend. The dog's owner got shots for rabies.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1428 on: September 30, 2018, 05:27:22 pm »
The annual local living history encampment closed down early today due to the miserable weather. A number of reenactors and vendors did not return this year. Someone may have objected to the German Waffen SS reenactors last year.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 05:37:15 pm by Rocket T. Coyote »
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

• Male
« Reply #1429 on: September 30, 2018, 05:53:12 pm »
I spent 1.5 days on a homework assignment that I haven't even come close to finishing. Haven't even touch the other stuff due tomorrow and won't due to sleep issues.

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1430 on: October 20, 2018, 10:03:41 pm »
My fridge is having issues, it won't cool below 48-50 F. Had to order a new Fridgidare. It won't be delivered until possibly Friday. Wanted it Tuesday, but they deliver in the morning when I'm working. Can't get anyone trustworthy to open the house for them. May have to take Friday off to affect delivery.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Male
« Reply #1431 on: October 21, 2018, 11:11:56 am »
Tried walking my dog Heidi,
Her right leg gave out unexpectedly.  Carried her 1/2 mile home slung over my shoulder.  She is 75 pounds.
We cant go "far" now. :( :(

If at first you don't succeed, you have the diode backwards, again! -- Me.

Online Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #1432 on: October 22, 2018, 10:37:17 am »
Fainted early Saturday morning, fell over backwards in the bathroom, and hit my head on a tiled floor. Weisseman called an ambulance for me, had a load of tests done, and I seem to have been very lucky and come away with nothing worse than a headache (and even then, a fairly minor one) and a stiff neck and shoulder.

I'm still taking it easy for the next week, just to be on the safe side - No running around with Kimba, for instance. But I seem to be totally fine.

Avatar by Shibara,  sig by Miser

0.1.0 carrot tail leopard gecko, Gelbstoff
0.1.0 bearded dragon, Dany
0.0.1 amel stripe het hypo corn snake, Vivec

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1433 on: October 22, 2018, 10:48:16 am »
Wow! That is scary!

I have a paradoxical Vegas nerve response to sitting up.  I can faint. Blood vessels get bigger, not smaller as they should. Blood pressure drops.

Were you in motion when this happened?
Hope you continue to improve.

Online Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #1434 on: October 22, 2018, 03:38:15 pm »
I was kneeling by the toilet at the time - I had lower abdomen pain and thought I was going to be sick. I found out later that fainting from pain is something that my dad does, and my sister has on occasion. I have once in the past too. My dad and sister both know it is coming though, and my dad can willpower his way into retaining consciousness. I had no warning at all. I think technically I fainted twice, one after the other? I was briefly conscious enough to eat a chalk tablet at least, although I don't remember it.  I had my blood pressure tested when sitting and standing, and an ECG, and there is nothing wrong there. There is literally no medical reason I -should- have fainted.

Now that Weisse and I know this is a thing, and a thing that most of my family has, we can keep a better eye on things in the future and make sure I'm not standing up or driving or anything similar if I'm in severe pain.

Avatar by Shibara,  sig by Miser

0.1.0 carrot tail leopard gecko, Gelbstoff
0.1.0 bearded dragon, Dany
0.0.1 amel stripe het hypo corn snake, Vivec

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1435 on: October 28, 2018, 10:04:52 am »
Got four 3rd Place awards at a model contest yesterday.

I must be slipping. I need to improve and get better. :(
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1436 on: October 28, 2018, 10:11:24 am »
Got four 3rd Place awards at a model contest yesterday.

I must be slipping. I need to improve and get better. :(

Kobuk,
At these contests , can you take closeup photos of other peoples work,and notes and such?
Are there some special techniques and/or materials they are using, that you could adopt?  Would that help?
(and if I sound like I am completely clueless, its because I haven't ever been in such a competition)

My bad news is that my L4/L5 in my back are inflamed, and my right leg is throbbing.  No doctor can ever see why.
I strap on a large ice pack for 15 min, and take 9 advil, and some coffee. Then after a week of that, it starts to go away.  4 years of this, and no change.  I think I brought it on by lifting a 100 pound aluminum plate at work.   :o

Offline Beag L. Howler

• Species: Canine
  • Male
« Reply #1437 on: November 15, 2018, 03:08:06 pm »
We had to put our dog to sleep.
Beware the poisonous Raisinets!

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1438 on: November 22, 2018, 01:27:10 pm »
We interrupt your reguarly scheduled programming to bring you this important special update!

A Furtopia city news reporter comes on the tv screen.

"We are live here at Meadowbrook Road at a farm where local police have made a shocking discovery. From what we've been able to learn, it appears two anthro turkeys were kidnapped earlier today. Police have released their names as Jennie O. Turkey and Frank M. Butterball. Witnesses described seeing two humans kidnapping the two turkeys and driving away in a meat packing van. Police have recieved a ransom note from the kidnappers saying that if they did not get off from work during this special holiday, then the kidnappers would "stuff" the turkeys and rip out their gizzards. Furtopia Police is asking all furry citizens to be on the lookout for the kidnappers as well as the kidnapped victims. Descriptions of the two victims were described as "plump" with Jennie being about 19 lbs and Frank being about 21 lbs. "   :D
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1439 on: November 26, 2018, 12:06:25 pm »
Inlay came off a tooth at breakfast Saturday. Trying to get with the dentist to cement it back into place.

My Dodge key fob gave up on me. No response at all from it. Several battery changes. Must use the key to unlock the vehicle, and it sets off the alarm every time once the door is opened.
(Baps the old humorist.)

• Male
« Reply #1440 on: December 11, 2018, 07:33:16 pm »
An aircraft from one of my former units was involved in a midair collision. Seven people involved, two from that squadron, and five were just declared dead after SAR couldn't find them after a week of searching. Nobody knows who is living or dead until after next of kin have been notified.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1441 on: December 11, 2018, 08:45:03 pm »
An aircraft from one of my former units was involved in a midair collision. Seven people involved, two from that squadron, and five were just declared dead after SAR couldn't find them after a week of searching. Nobody knows who is living or dead until after next of kin have been notified.
When I saw it on TV, I did wonder if you knew any of them or had a connection.
I am very sorry Varg, and I am at a loss as what to say.

:'(

They will NOT be forgotten!

Offline charcoal

• artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #1442 on: December 12, 2018, 02:42:56 am »
Broke my fingers during a accident with a car hood my pinkie was 90 degrees the wrong direction the rest were clean breaks below the knuckles bent back I think I invented New combinations of curse words so yay less time looking for work more being why life
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1443 on: December 12, 2018, 09:13:47 am »

Broke my fingers during a accident with a car hood my pinkie was 90 degrees the wrong direction the rest were clean breaks below the knuckles bent back I think I invented New combinations of curse words so yay less time looking for work more being why life

Oh man, that sounds bad.   And I thought my cut finger was bad. Hope you heal fast.