Author Topic: The "Bad News" thread.  (Read 47789 times)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf, alt cross fox
  • What are you looking at?
  • Female
Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Reply #1500 on: May 17, 2019, 04:11:21 pm »
Had to put down our cat Squeaky  :'(
She had a stroke and was flipping around and meowing in pain and we didn't have the money to have tests done and hospitalization and there was a 50/50 chance that she was either going to make it with a limp or head tilt or not recover at all so dad and I decided to put her down. The emergency vet said she most likely had a blood clot due to to her meds for her Hyperthyroidism. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 04:24:39 pm by Firelight »

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
« Reply #1501 on: May 17, 2019, 07:38:49 pm »
She had a stroke and was flipping around and meowing in pain and we didn't have the money to have tests done and hospitalization and there was a 50/50 chance that she was either going to make it with a limp or head tilt or not recover at all so dad and I decided to put her down. The emergency vet said she most likely had a blood clot due to to her meds for her Hyperthyroidism.

Sorry for your loss. Never an easy decision. Keep your memories of her in your heart  :'(
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:42:22 pm by FarFar »
I took the red pill...

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #1502 on: May 17, 2019, 07:40:00 pm »
Had to have repairs to my vehicle. Cost way too much $$$$.
I took the red pill...

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Male
« Reply #1503 on: May 20, 2019, 04:50:15 pm »

Firelight, I am so sorry!
It sounds like she was in pain, and as you said, there was nothing anyone could do.
Very sad day when we lose an animal companion.  They are family.
Like FarFar said, remember her and all she did with you and for you.  I bet she was a real good pal.
 :( :'(

If at first you don't succeed, you have the diode backwards, again! -- Me.

RIP Heidi 11.5yrs, 07/08/2019, 2000 UTC.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1504 on: May 20, 2019, 11:09:26 pm »
Went to a 3 day model contest this past weekend on Fri., Sat., and Sun.
What went bad:
a) Hotel where me and a friend stayed decided to cancel all their hot food items for their Continental Breakfast.
b) People (Possibly kids? ) were running back and forth down the hallway multiple times between 10pm and 11:30pm Saturday night which made it difficult to get to sleep.
c) Rained the entire weekend.
d) My friend that I went to the contest with was coming down with a cold.
e) Recieved "battle damage" to my model due to crowded table space. Wasn't my fault, but rather another person who wasn't watching what he was doing and knocked a part off my model. Luckily, it's easily repairable.

:( >:(
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #1505 on: May 22, 2019, 08:32:29 am »
More visits to the vets with the dogs.
I took the red pill...

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1506 on: May 22, 2019, 10:58:33 am »
Went to a 3 day model contest this past weekend on Fri., Sat., and Sun.
What went bad:
a) Hotel where me and a friend stayed decided to cancel all their hot food items for their Continental Breakfast.
b) People (Possibly kids? ) were running back and forth down the hallway multiple times between 10pm and 11:30pm Saturday night which made it difficult to get to sleep.
c) Rained the entire weekend.
d) My friend that I went to the contest with was coming down with a cold.
e) Recieved "battle damage" to my model due to crowded table space. Wasn't my fault, but rather another person who wasn't watching what he was doing and knocked a part off my model. Luckily, it's easily repairable.

:( >:(

And now it seems I've caught the cold from him. My symptoms started yesterday. :(

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #1507 on: June 04, 2019, 10:51:49 pm »
Hay fever hitting me hard. Sore throat, runny nose, sneezing.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #1508 on: June 06, 2019, 10:05:30 am »
Allergies caught up to me.....
I took the red pill...

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1509 on: June 12, 2019, 08:23:22 pm »
Made two dozen shortcake servings for a luncheon at work. Someone volunteered to bring strawberries but dropped the ball. Looks like the varmints in my backyard will have a feast .
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1510 on: June 15, 2019, 11:01:59 am »
Today's local furmeet postponed due to weather.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #1511 on: June 15, 2019, 09:36:14 pm »
Was supposed to fursuit tomorrow but it is supposed to thunderstorm soooooooo...it might not happen.
I took the red pill...

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Male
« Reply #1512 on: June 17, 2019, 05:35:27 am »
My dog is very ill, and I can't get test results fast.
Don't know what to do.
Afraid her time is coming.
If at first you don't succeed, you have the diode backwards, again! -- Me.

RIP Heidi 11.5yrs, 07/08/2019, 2000 UTC.

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #1513 on: June 17, 2019, 03:24:19 pm »
Little sister dropped out of collage because someone or many someones thought she was too immature and her adoptive little sister isn't doing so well.
But to the people and or person who insulted my little sister, if I ever meet you I will call you out and defend my little sister's honor. Insult me all you want but don't you dare do that to my sister!  >:( :(

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #1514 on: June 19, 2019, 02:26:56 pm »
I hate my dad right now, He made a dentists appointment and made talk to them!  I don't want to go to the dentists i'd rather everyone leave my teeth well enough alone  >:(   

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1515 on: June 22, 2019, 08:06:29 am »
Great Lakes levels rising. A few years ago our leaders fretted over lower levels. Guess it's time to dredge the Detroit River again.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #1516 on: July 02, 2019, 02:50:18 pm »
Doing laundry Sunday night I found out I have a dead dryer. Noticed the breaker was blown. Thought "that's weird". So I flipped the breaker. Instantly blew. Thought "Wow. That's really weird". So I unplugged my dryer. Flipped on the breaker. Instantly blew. Thought "A new dryer would have been cheaper". Turns out when they wired in this box someone thought it would be a good idea to wire two 30 amp loads to one 40 amp breaker. I've lived here for over 25 years with this time bomb in my basement. The other 30 amp unit wired into this one breaker is my air-conditioning motor. It's dead. So here's what's happening. First I need a new breaker box. The inside of this one is burned. I have one breaker that blows already because of this. And I'm getting a new motor for my air-conditioner. Both are happening next Monday. Yep, a new dryer would have been cheaper.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1517 on: July 07, 2019, 03:55:36 pm »
Airplane crash at my local airport today. (Expecting a call to come out and guard the wreck.)
 :o
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Amducious

• Species: The depressed feral Sergal
  • Still breathing
  • Male
« Reply #1518 on: July 09, 2019, 09:06:08 am »
Looks like Iím going to have to drop a $1,000 in parts on my car. Itís worth it but it still hurts.
Art by WhiteAkitaKeiko check out her art I'm sure you'll be amazed! --> http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-announcements/akita%27s-art-journey!/125/

G*59 Grey Ďtil Death

Life is Rough

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1519 on: July 16, 2019, 11:52:56 am »
Got home a while ago from grocery shopping and noticed the fan in my bedroom was not running. Motor blew out. Swell.  >:( Now I have to go back to Walmart and get a new fan before the heat and humidity kick into high gear later this week. That's money I didn't want to spend right now, but it can't be helped.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1520 on: July 17, 2019, 10:46:16 pm »
My assigned vehicle pinged the engine warning light upon leaving the plant. It's now in the garage and may be out of service for some time. A replacement vehicle had been assigned for the duration. The new vehicle promised as replacement of the troubled one won't be available for at least six months.
(Baps the old humorist.)