Author Topic: The "Bad News" thread.  (Read 52662 times)

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Reply #1525 on: July 25, 2019, 07:31:01 pm »
I hope your friend is ok. Perhaps, as Varg said, he felt like he needed a bit of time alone. Hopefully, he shows up soon or lets someone know that he is ok.
Sorry that this happened to you.
I took the red pill...

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #1526 on: July 25, 2019, 07:39:18 pm »
When he needs to be alone he just locks himself in his room for a few days (or he did when I lived with him). He wasn't the sort to lie about going to the shops and walk out of work in the middle of the day and just.. vanish. It's possible this is what he's done but it's out of character.

Avatar by Shibara,  sig by Miser

0.1.0 carrot tail leopard gecko, Gelbstoff
0.1.0 bearded dragon, Dany
0.0.1 amel stripe het hypo corn snake, Vivec

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Male
« Reply #1527 on: July 26, 2019, 08:53:38 pm »
Can I ask if substance use is believed to be possible for this person? I was instructed that if a persons self changes drastically, that sometimes a drug may be involved.  However, I had a bit of an emotional episode just from life alone getting to me...no drugs involved.

I may take this time to speak about what happened to me... because it is sort of relevant.
My job was too stressful for me, pet health issues, harassment from neighbor, family issues, my health issues.  Yes, it ALL compounded against me.  I was unable to think clearly nor take any kind of mental loading or issues.  My brain was too full of issues to be me.  I left work within 2 weeks with little notice, lost my house, and now lost my dog from age.  Stuff happens to us all.  We all have a breaking point.  Is this what happened to him?

I had some people to ask for help and a place to go (although I hate it here).  Else I would now be in a really bad state if I didn't have a safety net.

Does he know that he may have a place to go to "hide out in" like a friends place?  Maybe your place?
Does he have someone to be responsible for like child, partner, pet, family?  Will this keep him around?  If so, maybe he is there with someone familiar?

Can you post something he should be able to see on social media and basically tell him he can stay with you (or someone) ?

Here in US, apparently police do not do as much for missing persons case if the person is adult >=18 years.  Police assume that as a free person, they can just do whatever they wish (usually true).  However, if this person is suspected of being hurt, taken, or in an emotional/mental state that is such that they cant take care of themselves, police act sooner.  My brother ran away from home shortly after turning 18.  Police did nothing.  In the end my brother was just running around with his girlfriend in multiple states just hanging out and charging up a credit card.  Let's hope your friend is on a temporary "unplanned vacation" blowing off stress.

Maybe if you can call his employer ask if he has / had remaining time off?  Maybe he is burning vacation time to just get some rest?

Is there anyway to get officials started on a missing persons case?  Is he suspected to being a danger to himself?
You may have to start posting your own missing persons posters in areas, and online.

I don't know if these ideas are helpful.  Please know that I am just trying to help.
If at first you don't succeed, you have the diode backwards, again! -- Me.

RIP Heidi 11.5yrs, 07/08/2019, 2000 UTC.

Offline Loc

« Reply #1528 on: July 26, 2019, 09:09:20 pm »
Drug use is a very unlikely situation.
He was last seen in a nearby city, where he has no family. He does not appear to be with any friends. He has no children, his partner is a non-serious relationship (she has other boyfriends and they are believed to have argued before he vanished). He has no pets and is living with his boss. There is no reason for him to stay.
There are multiple posts on his social media from many different people. We have posted to him that all he needs to do is say"I am safe, give me space" and we will call off all searches. He has gone completely offline. We also suspect he has ditched his car and is going by public transport so as not to get hit by number plate recognition. He has either turned his phone off or ditched that too.
He does not have vacation time. He took off in the middle of the work day, and as I said, he lives with his boss.
It is unknown if he is a danger to himself.
He is officially a missing person and the police are looking for him. However, he is considered to have made himself missing so they cannot do things like track his bank cards. However, police are actively looking for him on CCTV and in person.

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #1529 on: July 27, 2019, 08:23:31 am »
Keep trying. I know you are doing that right now...but keep trying. I'm sorry this is happening to you. Don't give up hope.
I took the red pill...

Offline Loc

« Reply #1530 on: July 27, 2019, 07:35:49 pm »
He has been spotted a few more times and is believed to be safe for now.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 08:26:20 pm by Loc »

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1531 on: July 27, 2019, 09:42:13 pm »
 Does he do classified work like what needs a security clearance?
In other words,  is he involved with things that could make him an enemy of someone?

It does sound like he is trying to hide for sure.

Either he is in danger and is staying hidden, he has done something bad,  or is just needing serious alone time. Let's hope he's chilling out.

One off the wall idea is to use a medium. Aka psychic. Only if they do not request much money,  else obviously a scam.

I bet some police departments do use psychics as a last resort but never speak of it.

Glad your last post says he is believed to be safe 4 now. That's something.

Offline Loc

« Reply #1532 on: July 28, 2019, 07:52:22 am »
He does not do classified work - I used to work with him in fact. If he makes enemies, they are the "that guy's a git let's not talk to him" kind. Irrelevant as, despite him often being an unintentional git, people seem to pretty universally like him anyway.

He was spotted on a social media site. Which is a good sign. We are leaning towards him having gone to get some alone time. It is unlikely he is in any sort of danger as he doesn't have the kind of life that would lead to any, and his mistakes are generally small and fixable. However he has been under stress lately and has probably just gone physically away from the area to help him mentally get away from the stress.

I would never personally use or suggest someone else use a psychic.

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #1533 on: July 28, 2019, 10:49:20 am »
Glad to hear he's safe Loc.

Psychics. Even a broken clock is right twice a day :D
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1534 on: July 28, 2019, 04:20:01 pm »
I am glad he is being spotted more and more now on social media. And from what you say he is not someone who people dislike enough to hurt nor does he get into trouble.
Life must have thrown him for a loop, and he took some alone time.

And as for the psychic suggestion... heh, sorry.  Perhaps because of a strange thing that happened in my life I was more open to the idea.  But No... not ever would I suggest it as the only course of action, and I would caution against getting too much money or hope involved regarding psychics.  But if someone you care about is missing, maybe worth <$100, once, to see what comes of it? Obviously only my opinion.

Just glad that things seem to be improving.

Offline Loc

« Reply #1535 on: July 29, 2019, 04:34:57 pm »
While it isn't bad news at all, it is relevant to prior conversation here:
My friend has been found and spoken to. He is safe, but has asked that no details be told to anyone other than that. I've asked everyone I had looking for him to spread around to stand down and give him space over everything else.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 04:53:42 pm by Loc »

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1536 on: July 30, 2019, 02:40:47 pm »
Thank you Loc for relaying the news.
Was worried.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1537 on: August 05, 2019, 09:54:51 pm »
I went to DenFur and have to pay off my credit card.  And I got the con-crud.  Rather sick at the moment...
 :P :P

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1538 on: August 05, 2019, 10:14:20 pm »
I went to DenFur and have to pay off my credit card.  And I got the con-crud.  Rather sick at the moment...
 :P :P

Sprays Lysol disenfectant around the room.
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1539 on: August 06, 2019, 04:50:10 pm »
I get a call from one of my modeling friends that the model club President and Treasurer won't be able to attend this weekend's meeting. Which means.........since I am the club's Editor, I am next in the chain of command and have to start the meeting. Yay me.  :(  :-[ I just hope I can find enough model kit topics to discuss to actually have a meeting and keep the membership entertained and attentive. I hate being in charge.  :-[

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #1540 on: August 06, 2019, 06:02:47 pm »
I ran over a nail who puts nails on a dirtbike trail
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #1541 on: August 09, 2019, 08:27:04 am »
Had a dark day yesterday. Hope things start to smooth out today
I took the red pill...

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #1542 on: August 13, 2019, 08:41:56 pm »
Fursuiting may not be permitted at the local Renaissance Festival as adults may not wear masks which cover the entire face.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1543 on: August 13, 2019, 09:15:28 pm »
Fursuiting may not be permitted at the local Renaissance Festival as adults may not wear masks which cover the entire face.

*growls*   Boooooo!  :goldpissed:

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1544 on: August 13, 2019, 09:37:10 pm »

Seconded!
We too have a ren-fair here that I was contemplating going to as my canine self, with maybe some medieval garb on.

The police can take my drivers license as collateral if they wish.  Being furry is just fun for me, and I wouldn't have issue with an official police person knowing my real name.  If a furson is willing to do what I described, doesn't it prove they are an okay creature?

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1545 on: August 13, 2019, 09:44:08 pm »

Seconded!
We too have a ren-fair here that I was contemplating going to as my canine self, with maybe some medieval garb on.

The police can take my drivers license as collateral if they wish.  Being furry is just fun for me, and I wouldn't have issue with an official police person knowing my real name.  If a furson is willing to do what I described, doesn't it prove they are an okay creature?

Jade, how do we know you won't bite, growl, or bark loudly at somebody or something? You might end up getting reported to Animal Control.  :D

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1546 on: August 13, 2019, 10:56:08 pm »

Seconded!

Jade, how do we know you won't bite, growl, or bark loudly at somebody or something? You might end up getting reported to Animal Control.  :D

The only risk is me, quietly and politely, without undue facial expression or biting,  leg-humping some poor unfortunate soul who just happens to be too close at the wrong time!
okay okay..
Naa Im a dice doggie.  Normally.
 :goldbloody:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 11:00:13 pm by Jade Sinapu »

Offline charcoal

• artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #1547 on: August 14, 2019, 12:59:05 am »
Lol dude  wow now I see why the shock collar with a button was invented

The radio ran out of good music I guess ill sleep

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1548 on: August 14, 2019, 04:10:49 pm »
Lol dude  wow now I see why the shock collar with a button was invented

The radio ran out of good music I guess ill sleep
I used to use a shock collar for my dog, and then I tried it myself.  It was never used after that on either of us.

My bad news...My acne is flaring up before a possible job interview...(I thought it went away as you got older)

Offline charcoal

• artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #1549 on: August 15, 2019, 06:42:40 am »
The boss won't care about acne and I still get acne and im 23
Thinking of cutting a nagitive friend out my life