Author Topic: What Are You Up To?  (Read 43152 times)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: What Are You Up To?
« Reply #1775 on: September 09, 2018, 07:01:11 pm »
AWESOME Rocket! Sounds like you had a blast! ( pun intended )

If I typed in 'setback' 28 times in a row it still wouldn't be enough. Still working on the same guitar build. I have to re scale all the templets. The good news is it's all on paper. So I'm not wasting wood. Well not wasting any more wood is a better way of putting it. Chalk it up to beginner mistakes. I've only made two other guitars. The first was a complete disaster. The second had some major mistakes.  Learned wile I fixed and worked around them. It's now my got to and favorite sounding guitar. Honestly I wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't fun.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 07:03:31 pm by cause the rat »
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
« Reply #1776 on: September 11, 2018, 07:44:19 pm »
Doing laundry, and binge watching disenchantment on Netflix.

I work full-time now, but I still get to enjoy some of the night.
Every now and then...

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #1777 on: September 14, 2018, 06:32:41 pm »
Getting ready to go scrounging for accoutrements and random items at a local gun/knife show tomorrow.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1778 on: September 25, 2018, 09:57:31 am »
Tweaking out a police uniform costume for my orange Fox partial suit in preparation for an upcoming parade. The theme is Disney this year, so we anticipate a boat load of princesses. A grandkid of one of the staff will roleplay Judy Hopps.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1779 on: September 25, 2018, 12:46:14 pm »
And the ultimate of all setbacks. The file that I had all my full sized guitar bodies on a 3x3 grid pattern got deleted..... For a short time. All I had to do was go to the program and reopen it. It did a file recovery and I have 100% of all those hours of work back.

But I did get tired of all the setbacks so I made a square box guitar body. I have the body complete and the neck attached. Lined up the bridge. Now I'll need to do a lot of fret and neck work. I bought the cheapest guitar neck i could find. Knowing I would have to do this. This will let me practice the skills I'll need when setting up mine and other's guitars. I'll start with a complete guitar nut filing. Then a complete fret leveling, recrowning and end filing. Truss rod adjustment and match the bridge to the fretboard radios. Already know how to play with the truss rod and bridge. Fretwork is what I need practice on. Once everything is done I 'll take the bridge and neck back off. Then paint up the body in the style of a 1960's transistor radio.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #1780 on: September 26, 2018, 06:44:35 am »
Continuing Kimba's training for the "touch" command.
She's doing very well with it.

Avatar by Shibara,  sig by Miser

0.1.0 carrot tail leopard gecko, Gelbstoff
0.1.0 bearded dragon, Dany
0.0.1 amel stripe het hypo corn snake, Vivec

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1781 on: September 30, 2018, 05:15:40 pm »
Packing lunch for tomorrow.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1782 on: October 02, 2018, 11:52:21 am »
Changed my license plate bulbs this morning.  Easy to do. The hard part was paying $7+ for two little plug in bulbs.

Got pulled over last night. Because my license plat wasn't lit. Cop took my drivers license and did a check. Came back and said these exact words. "WOW. Your squeaky clean." I thought, but didn't say out loud. 'wow, you sound disappointed.'  :D The entire experience was fun. There is a real good chance I'll run into him the next time I need gas after work. All the cops in town hang at the same gas station. 

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1783 on: October 14, 2018, 09:42:52 am »
Saw First Man last night, posted a review on FA.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Male
« Reply #1784 on: October 14, 2018, 06:31:03 pm »
Re-arranged my computers and finally I can vacuum underneath the computer table for the first time in 10 years...
Yeah, it is true there are parts of the carpet that haven't been touched since I set the desk there.  Not proud of that.
but now its okay.
If at first you don't succeed, you have the diode backwards, again! -- Me.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world -- Ghandi

FCWh4asw A- C- D+ H+ M- P+ R T+++ W Z Sm RLRLE a+ cn++ e++ f h- i+ j p s#
-Furry Code

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1785 on: October 14, 2018, 08:43:30 pm »
Got the framework and legs up for my new 72 x 38 work bench. Now all I need to do is get the supports and shelving done. The last will be a bench clamp and dogs. Be spending a lot of time in the garage getting things moved around.