Author Topic: What Are You Up To?  (Read 57695 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: What Are You Up To?
« Reply #2025 on: August 29, 2019, 06:06:37 pm »
Eating dinner, then take a shower, then watch a movie.
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Male
« Reply #2026 on: August 29, 2019, 10:56:18 pm »
Freaking out.  I have a 4 to 5 hour interview tomorrow, which I was told would be super technical.  I was studying for it like mad, but I burned out. 
Now I am trying to preserve what I learned by reducing stress before bed.
If at first you don't succeed, you have the diode backwards, again! -- Me.

RIP Heidi 11.5yrs, 07/08/2019, 2000 UTC.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2027 on: August 30, 2019, 10:14:05 pm »
Reading Clive Cussler's "Raise the Titanic" book.  (I wish I had the DVD movie though.)

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
« Reply #2028 on: August 31, 2019, 08:10:26 am »
Drinking coffee and getting ready to meet up with clients.
I took the red pill...

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2029 on: August 31, 2019, 01:59:17 pm »
Being lazy and bored this Labor Day weekend. Well, maybe not too bored. Got some books and DVD's from the Library to view.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2030 on: September 01, 2019, 02:36:04 am »
Winding down after long day

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2031 on: September 02, 2019, 08:03:18 pm »
Watching a DVD documentary about the sinking of the Titanic.

Offline Amducious

• Species: The feral Sergal
  • Still breathing
  • Male
« Reply #2032 on: September 05, 2019, 01:56:22 am »
Was Browsing Autotrader looking at some used Cadillac CTS-Vís now Iím watching Netflix.
Art by WhiteAkitaKeiko check out her art I'm sure you'll be amazed! --> http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-announcements/akita%27s-art-journey!/125/

Put me in the dirt where I belong

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2033 on: September 06, 2019, 09:29:10 pm »
Just finished watching Godzilla, King of the Monsters (2019).

LONG LIVE THE KING!

Offline Amducious

• Still breathing
  • Male
« Reply #2034 on: September 10, 2019, 02:16:08 am »
Staying up
Art by WhiteAkitaKeiko check out her art I'm sure you'll be amazed! --> http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-announcements/akita%27s-art-journey!/125/

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
« Reply #2035 on: September 11, 2019, 07:08:56 pm »
Getting ready to eat supper.
I took the red pill...

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2036 on: September 24, 2019, 12:37:46 pm »
After some weeks of thinking things through I've come up with lesson plans for that cigar box Youtube channel.  For me it's always been 'start complicated then think it over'. Always try to make things to complicated.  Now I have to get the chord chart graphics made. Set up a place to film. Edit it all together and upload. Plan on filming the eight planned lessons and the opener all in the day.  Get at least the opener and three of the lessons edited. Create the channel and upload.  I have seven Facebook groups I can post on to advertise. And one forum. If I'm able to post there again. More on that below. Looking forward to helping people get more out of and have more fun on these fun to play instruments. Really excited about this.

In the middle of a conversation I got blocked on that forum again. My offending post? Showing picture of a Fender guitar's bridge. The guy used the exact same bridge on his six string build. Was told wrongly the bridge is set straight across so each string is at the scale length of the guitar. So a few days after I posted the pic I wrote in a post explaining tuning the string harmonics blah blah blah. String thickness blah blah blah and all the rest of the goodies that go with a tunable bridge. Hit post. Nothing. I was blocked again. I got blocked for trying to help someone again. it would be like if I was a fursuit maker. Someone asked about keeping a fursuit head symmetrical. Me posting a pic of a proportional divider compass. The mods here blocking me for that picture. It's gotten beyond ridicules. 
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2037 on: September 25, 2019, 12:01:39 am »
Getting used to new job

Offline Amducious

• Still breathing
  • Male
« Reply #2038 on: September 25, 2019, 02:10:29 am »
Staying up late

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2039 on: September 26, 2019, 05:46:48 pm »
Most of the graphics are done for the first cigar box guitar lesson. Going to set up and shoot the first few lessons Sunday or early next week. Playing at a festival this weekend. That's taking priority at the moment.

Learning a few editing techniques. Had to learn how to upload a channel banner for youtube from a mac. Why? Because you need to be psychic and use an ouija board to learn how to operate this thing. First you have to sign out of Google. Then choose to 'not except cookies' and turn off your browser. Then turn your browser back on. Sign into google.  Select to accept cookies. Turn your browser back off. Turn it back on and your set to go. Why? Because it's a mac...... I'll have to learn how to upload a channel trailer too. Because that's voodoo mojo magic from a mac as well. Luckily uploading videos is straight forward. Plan on keeping this as low fi as you can get. Bad camera, cheezy graphics and no video effects.

I think I'm going to have some fun with this. Going to start a thread on that forum. Talk about setting up a youtube channel. Talk like I am here. May even cut and past the above section of this post. Keep everything positive. Not mention or hint at how many times I've been blocked. Tell why I'm doing this. Honestly it's to help people explore and have more fun on a three string cigar box guitar. And hopefully get more people interested in it. Say something like ' expanding music possibilities will get more people interested in these guitars.' Positive stuff like that. The same stuff that gets me shut off that forum all the time. The other reason? Because i'm a ret. When you step on a rat's tail his first instinct is to remove your foot. How am I removing their foot you may ask? By politely saying I'm taking what i was doing here to a bigger audience. By stating all the Facebook groups I'll be able to post update info on.  By politely letting them know I don't need them. Politely chewing their foot off and letting them know it. :) The only person that needs to read this new thread is the mod. If this thread is deleted it's still a victory for me. I was helping a lot of great people on that forum. I will continue doing that.

And you thought the furry fandom's drama was the worst. :) I'll keep everyone here informed.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2040 on: September 26, 2019, 11:02:18 pm »
Posted this thread at 9:53 PM on Sept. the 26.
https://cigarboxnation.com/forum/topics/setting-up-my-cbg-youtube-channel
Let's see how long it takes before;
it get's deleted.
I get bashed by the in crowd.
I'm unable to post again.
and honestly what would surprise me, nothing happens.
 :D

I know it's a long winded thread. But if you read through it you'll see I didn't post anything about music styles or expanding the acceptance of these instruments.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2041 on: September 27, 2019, 05:53:26 pm »
As of 4:40 today I'm still able to post. And I got two positive response.  Posted again today. Perhaps I'll post something next time about the lessons being music neutral. Not intended for any one genre. Perhaps that'll get the fireworks going. This is fun. It's like prodding something with a stick.   :D

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #2042 on: September 27, 2019, 10:59:39 pm »
Invited to be in Pumpkin Festival Parade next week.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2043 on: October 02, 2019, 01:35:06 pm »
Who'da thought every time you turn the camera on your brain shuts off...???  I'd have this Youtube channel done and uploaded if it wasn't for relying on myself doing the talking.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2044 on: October 02, 2019, 09:33:14 pm »
Winding down after a long day of tedious work reading code that no one should ever be subjected to.

Offline Amducious

• Still breathing
  • Male
« Reply #2045 on: October 03, 2019, 04:20:56 am »
Up at 1am thinking without anything else better to do. Lots of sleepless nights as of recently. Too much on my mind.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2046 on: October 05, 2019, 06:58:23 pm »
Bummed out that no dog I interact with even comes close to the dog Heidi, who I lost.
Wishing I could have her back, which of course I can't.  Wishing i could find another dog who would be as much fun, or at the very least listen to me.
So basically I am drowning in the sad realisation of what/who I lost, and that I will not ever have it again.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2047 on: October 06, 2019, 05:50:14 pm »
Change of plans on uploading the channel. Instead I'm recording and uploading three songs to current Youtube channel. Then I'll distribute those three songs amongst the different cigar box facebook groups. Only uploading one of these songs on each group. But not all the groups. Hoping these songs raise interest in this approach to playing. Because no one that I've heard so far plays these guitars the same way I do. I've checked hundreds of videos. There's only one guy who comes slightly close. So there is nothing like me in the cigar box guitar world. May even upload more songs and spread them out unevenly. Then get the new Youtube channel out and about. Give me more time to settle down and get things right.

Reasons for not uploading all three songs on each page. Putting different songs out. And not on all pages I belong to. There's a guy who puts his stuff on every facebook page at the same time. So you go from page to page and get tired of seeing him. Worst is he's not getting views or comments. Flooding the market backfired on him. But he keeps doing it. Later on I can go back and upload a different one of those three songs on the groups I've already hit. And hit some of the groups with one song that i've missed.

I'll upload all three songs on the CBG forum I belong to. My way of poking them with a stick again. :)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2048 on: October 07, 2019, 01:28:12 am »
All three videos are up and spread evenly through all those facebook groups. Loaded all of them on that cigar box forum as well.

If you would like to see the vids you can check them out on my Youtube channel,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRf-IwPpbXelaWIkrsmVQ4A

The three most recent vids.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2049 on: October 07, 2019, 10:25:30 pm »
I am up to nothing much . Relaxing.  Wondering if a favorite fur will ever cone back to furtopia... (you know who you are!)