Author Topic: What Are You Up To?  (Read 60208 times)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Male
Re: What Are You Up To?
« Reply #2100 on: January 05, 2020, 09:15:08 pm »
It's Jan the fifth. About 50 outside and I'm listening to someone mowing their lawn. It's January the fifth in about the middle of Missouri and someone is mowing their lawn. It's in the middle of winter and i'm listening to some crazy mowing their lawn. I guess someone got a new lawnmower for Christmas and they couldn't wait to try it out.  :D
So I take it, middle of Missouri, on Jan the 5th, no grass grows?
Maybe like here, people there just love to be obnoxious? Here people do whatever they can to make very loud noise and also create a stink.  It's as if the clean country air is so clean it hurts their lungs and they have to make outside as bad as they are on the inside.  And for entrainment people here love to listen to engines revv and guns shoot as well as ......ahhhhh, anyway...!

I'm listening to music, relaxing, and remembering better times.  Hoping for a better future this year.  Mentally preparing myself for tomorrow.  And wishing I could either fix up my current vehicle or get a second one without becoming financially tied to it in terms of payments etc.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more

RIP Heidi 11.5yrs, 07/08/2019, 2000 UTC.

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2101 on: January 07, 2020, 01:37:45 am »
Jade, no, grass doesn't grow this time of year here.  All winter long you may get a half inch. But that's over a four month span.  These people are crazy.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #2102 on: January 07, 2020, 08:22:56 pm »
Shot-gunning my resume to anything I even come close to being qualified for.  :P
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Male
« Reply #2103 on: January 08, 2020, 12:00:17 am »
 Shot gunning! I thought I heard a loud sound! ... keeping me awake...

(Honestly Varg,  hope you get something soon)

I'm fighting a cold.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more

RIP Heidi 11.5yrs, 07/08/2019, 2000 UTC.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2104 on: January 11, 2020, 10:52:08 am »
Bad winter storm this weekend where I am. Just stay home and read a book, watch movies, build a model, or something else.
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2105 on: January 11, 2020, 04:02:12 pm »
If you go to the weather channel it's map shows it is snowing here. If I walk outside I can't see any. Supposed to get bad weather but so far in the clear. So like you Kobuk I'll stay inside and find things to do. Maybe enjoy some Jazz and make something good to eat.

And speaking of things to eat I tried two different no knead recipes for bread. Both take no work to do. Just mix and let sit for 24 hours. On the countertop. They both worked and here's the reason why. Kneading dough does not create the gluten. Moisture is what creates the gluten. Unfortunately moisture doesn't transfer well through flour. Kneading the dough spreads the moisture evenly. So all that work is done to get the flour wet. The idea of letting a portion of the dough ferment for some time is also sound. It's been done for hundreds of years. Because it adds flavor. With that in mind you all know I've been making bread for a few years now. Love staring each batch with a Poolish. Also known as a starter. Takes a portion of your beard's flour, yeast and water and allows it to ferment for up to 12 hours. A small portion. Not the entire amount. The end product of these no knead recipes was a yellowish tan dough. The cooked loaves both had a strong sharp unpleasant flavor. Neither tasted like a traditional white loaf of bread. Easy to figure out why. When I use a Poolish it's a portion of the entire recipe. When someone makes sourdough bread they add a small starter to the flour. Letting the entire amount of flour to ferment is like adding four table spoons of salt when the recipe calls for one teaspoon. I have not found a no knead recipe yet that tastes like normal home made bread. Both this technique and the one starting the dough in the icebox leaves an unusual flavor to the end product. So i'll be watching football and making a few loaves of bread today.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2106 on: January 19, 2020, 07:14:12 pm »
Just got done watching the Kansas City Chiefs win. Now my team is going to the super bowel! And my second attempt at Ciabatta bread was good. Not as open crumb as it should be. Because I'm using yeast out of a jar I can alter the amount used. Another way would be to allow the dough to sit longer so more yeast has a chance to develop. Another thing I could do is make a more European style bread flour. Combined all purpose flour with bread flour. To lower the gluten content. There's even the option of using all purpose instead of bread flour. I've done this with regular bread. Give a softer bread. But still gets a good even crumb and taste.  As the bread is I would be happy to get these results all the time. Definitely not a sandwich bread. Great for eating with a meal. Going to have chicken with a garlic sauce and this bread covered with melted mozzarella. Eat better and cheaper when you learn to cook at home.